Anyone have a video of Allen overthrowing foster?

Hebert19

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

His pinpoint strike to the back of the EZ for one TD was brilliance

Zay almost blew that. He made a nice move to get wide open after the pattern broke down but he had no idea where the back of the end zone line was and almost went OB as well as making the catch harder than it should have been. Still, he got open smartly and did get the TD so you can't take that away from him. 

The second TD was a decent or good catch right in his hands, but a very nice throw. The angles of most of the replays didn't show how great of a pass that was. Josh threw it before Zay looked and split three defenders. That was an extremely accurate pass that went for a TD. 

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not just that throw, look at the last throw of the game Allen is getting so much criticism for. He threw that football nearly 70 yards in the air AFTER running all over the field to find a throw.

And yeah, it was about 70 yards... maybe 66 to be exact.

Ball released on the 40 yard line reaches the end zone but he's throwing across the field.

Look up the dimensions of a football field for yourself and you'll discover the distance horizontally from where Allen threw it to where Clay couldn't catch it was somewhere around 23-26 yards I'd say.

40+23/26= 63/66 yards.

Clay should have come back to the ball a bit. Too bad. Allen's special.

Ever hear of Pythagoras?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not just that throw, look at the last throw of the game Allen is getting so much criticism for. He threw that football nearly 70 yards in the air AFTER running all over the field to find a throw.

Ball released on the 40 yard line reaches the end zone but he's throwing across the field.

Look up the dimensions of a football field for yourself and you'll discover the distance horizontally from where Allen threw it to where Clay couldn't catch it was somewhere around 23-26 yards I'd say.

40+23/26= 63/66 yards.

Did you ever hear of the Pythagorean theorem, you dont add the two sides of a right triangle you measure the hypotenuse. So 40 squared plus 24.5 squired, add those, tales the square root is was 46.9 yards.

• Like (+1) 1

Of course he overthrew him but like you guys (and the commentators too!), I couldn't believe he made an effortless arm throw that long. Almost a "touch pass" too. Crazy arm strength. I see a vertical passing offense in a year or two... or three. But eventually. What a weapon to have! And he'll still be able to scramble for 25 years once in a while with all the defenders running deep.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

40+23/26= 63/66 yards.

Threw it that far and it was a duck. That's nuts. The hail Mary was similar, any other qb throws a duck like that and it lands at the 10. 

I wasn't a fan of the pick but you can see the reason he was drafted. He just needs to clean up a few things. The second half of the dolphins game he started spreading the ball around standing tall in the pocket and wasn't just looking down field for huge plays. He has a few times where he grips the ball too hard and it comes out of his hand sloppy. The game doesn't seem to big for him. He might be too big for the game. So far I have been wrong on allen. You can't help but like the kid. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

I'm not going to rip on Allen, so don't read into this that way. He played pretty well yesterday all things considered. He has some moxie, seems to like big moments and the team clearly rallies around him which is important. He runs too much but I'll let him have it because he's young.

With all of that said, anytime he can't throw his fastball, he struggles. His deep balls are often over thrown and lack touch, and he missed what could have been a big play to Jones down the sideline yesterday when he escaped the pocket and rolled right. He tried throwing with touch, but it wasn't accurate and the throw was missed (the play would have been negated by a penalty, but it was still a bad throw).

He really needs to clean this up going forward if he's going to be successful. It doesn't matter if you can throw a football 70 yards if you can't throw it for your wide open receiver to catch. The positive is that the guys he's throwing to are generally wide open and if he can fix it the offense could be pretty good because his running ability is like nothing I've ever seen before. 

8 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Zay almost blew that. He made a nice move to get wide open after the pattern broke down but he had no idea where the back of the end zone line was and almost went OB as well as making the catch harder than it should have been. Still, he got open smartly and did get the TD so you can't take that away from him. 

The second TD was a decent or good catch right in his hands, but a very nice throw. The angles of most of the replays didn't show how great of a pass that was. Josh threw it before Zay looked and split three defenders. That was an extremely accurate pass that went for a TD. 

Don't agree with zay almost blowing the first td. He went to where the ball was thrown and away from defenders.  If he made his way closer to the goalline that pass sails over his head. He knew exactly where the OB line was and made sure he didn't go out. 

Man, on the 2nd to last pas to Zay, Jones got mugged...but of course, no call. 

And I noticed on the long bomb to Foster, Allen was in a sliver of sun while the rest of the field was in shadow - could of messed with his depth perception and how far to throw the ball.

14 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

65 yards in the air. Great throw and just barely overthrown.  No Bills qb has ever thrown a perfect spiral that far. You'll see many more of those in the future. 

I just hope we see  more of them connecting that not !!

3 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

Another poster who sees Joah Allen's pass accuracy problem.

:thumbdown:

You have terrible reading comprehension of my post. I have defended Allen all day, and said I dont have problem with missing a throw (because all Qb's do). I was pointing out where he over looked the wide open guy under neath Zay for a first down lol

16 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Missing a wide open receiver and throwing a touchdown in the garbage can is not "impressive."

How we could be pleased with his developement.  He just cant complete 100% of his passes like the other 31 QBs it's appalling.  I like you am disgusted. Peterman would have hit that throw every time.

12 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

I had a crush on Allen after Jags game. I walked away from this game in love.

With that my ONE issue of concern I have isnt even an accuracy or "he missed this one throw!". The 3rd and 11 drop/missedPI/HellOfanEffortByZay has a part that many people I feel are missing which is my "***** Josh" moment. He had I think McKenzie just under neath Zay and he was very open, had 2-3 steps on his man. I feel like it's going to be a love/hate relationship with a lot of Bills fans and overall I am fine with it, but Allen has the idea of "big play first." It's why he doesnt do many RB dump off check-downs (shouldn't we be happy after watching Edwards, EJ, and Tyrod all check it down immediately?). He will wait and take a chance that the big home run play will develop, or take the harder throw than the easier throw if it means 10 more yards on the completion. Most of the time its refreshing and I love it... but in that game situation, he needs to hit McKenzie who probably gets a first down, or at least gets it real close.

He's a Rookie.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

How we could be pleased with his developement.  He just cant complete 100% of his passes like the other 31 QBs it's appalling.  I like you am disgusted. Peterman would have hit that throw every time.

He's a Rookie.

Chill out, my post was pointing something out. I open it saying I am in love with Josh. I am well aware he is a rookie, thanks