Green Bay Packers: HC Mike McCarthy fired

Just now, Tsaikotic said:

I dontknow what is it about the Packers but it seems every year it feels like they get absolutely no help for Rogers or the team...do they even draft? 

They have let FAs leave a lot and have had some draft misses. But there has been a recent turnover within their FO and seems they are trending differently, now. 

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

What would you like him to do? Be specific now.

He built defense first, and expects to win with defense.  The game is tailored to favor the offense, it's not rocket science.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

stats are for losers

Except not for last years' SB winner, but sure, stats are for losers...  mkay

Edited by PeterDude

23 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

A bit surprising they didn’t wait until the end of the season.

McCarthy must have told his GM or someone in the FO to go ***** themselves after the game.

Haha. I just don’t think him and Rodgers can co exist anymore. And obviously if someone is going it’s McCarthy lol 

7 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

He built defense first, and expects to win with defense.  The game is tailored to favor the offense, it's not rocket science.

Not worth the time to respond to this, BUT:

This team was a VERY under-talented group when he arrived.  They have improved the talent-level in the two years that he has been here and they could not fix everything in that time.

i have no problem with them trying to stabilize the defense first - especially given that the GM Beane wasn’t even aboard for the draft in 2017.  I understand that it is frustrating that Watson and Mahomes both look good, so far, but would you really want a lame-duck GM to draft your QB?

Edited by OldTimer1960

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Not worth the time to respond to this, BUT:

This team was a VERY under-talented group when he arrived.  They have improved the talent-level in the two years that he has been here and they could not fix everything in that time.

i have no problem with them trying to stabilize the defense first - especially given that the GM Beane wasn’t even aboard for the draft in 2017.  I understand that it is frustrating that Watson and Mahomes both look good, so far, but would you really want a lame-duck GM to draft your AqB?

McDermott was here, and all indications are he's running the show.  If THE reason he passed on Mahomes is due to Beane not being here yet, that's quite lame.  Personally don't think it had anything to do with Beane having not been here yet, he's a D coordinator thinking he's smarter than the pass happy NFL.

Edited by PeterDude

Just now, PeterDude said:

McDermott was here, and all indications are he's running the show.  If THE reason he passed on Mahomes is due to Beane not being here yet, that's a very lame.  Personally don't think it had anything to do with Beane having not been here yet, he's a D coordinator thinking he's smarter than the pass happy NFL.

Who’s scouting reports was McDermott working with?  Great idea, let’s bet on a QB who was scouted by the scouts and GM who were going to be fired after the draft.  At least McDermott had a frame of reference in assessing defensive players.

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Who’s scouting reports was McDermott working with?  Great idea, let’s bet on a QB who was scouted by the scouts and GM who were going to be fired after the draft.  At least McDermott had a frame of reference in assessing defensive players.

McDermott was not involved in talent e v a l in any previous job(s)?  You really think McClappity listened to Whaley?  c'mon!

Just now, PeterDude said:

McDermott was not involved in talent e v a l in any previous job(s)?  You really think McClappity listened to Whaley?  c'mon!

His experience was on defense and he chose to trade down and acquire more picks as many here always want -AND- he picked a cornerstone player in Tre White.

Have some patience, they are headed in the right direction.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Those guys are roll players, we need a real number one.

I think Zay is becoming a safety net for Allen. Sure you can bring in a rookie but they'll go through the growing pains Zay did when he was a rookie! Zay is our #1 now and most likely will be next year too. Take Harry or Brown in the 2nd. 

53 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Hopefully this makes McClappity sweat a bit.  Maybe he'll decide not to try to play 1980's football next season.

Im still waiting for you to make a post worth reading.  I suspect I will be waiting a long time

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1