Green Bay Packers: HC Mike McCarthy fired

Watching Rogers lately on and off the field.  I could be wrong but I dont recall Favre ever blaming his coach.  Favre seemed like the thing that mattered most was playing.  He took what was handed to him and went with it.  Kyle Williams is like that as well.  A lot of other players on our teams b**** and cried while Kyle bought in.  Kyle is really a process guy.  A lot of people question what trusting the process is.  I think it's buying in to the direction the team is going, the scheme that is being implimented and being patient while the right players are aquired.

What happened with McCarthy and probably Rexy is players stopped buying in.  They didnt trust the Scheme on defense and didnt have faith in Rex He didnt have enough time to aquire the players he needed to run his defensive scheme (The defense never bought in because they prefered Schwartz, too many draft misses.  Not that they were bad players but they werent scheme fits.)  The offense bought into Lynn,  I thing thats why the offense probably over acheived and why the chargers are doing well.  

So Rogers is an arrogant duesch.

McCarthy got fired (because Rogers isnt Brett Favre or as much as I hate to say it but Brady.  I don't recall either of their coaches ever getting fired.)

And relax we are in good shape because the players and the owners buy what McBeane is selling and they are drafting really well and hit on some really good RFAs to run what they want.  We'll be winning in no time.  I hope everyone on this board gets off the fire McBeane train ( everyone whose on it). Because McBeane aint getting fired.

Sorry if I got on a tangent.  Had a bit to drink.

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

Watching Rogers lately on and off the field.  I could be wrong but I dont recall Favre ever blaming his coach.  Favre seemed like the thing that mattered most was playing.  He took what was handed to him and went with it.  Kyle Williams is like that as well.  A lot of other players on our teams b**** and cried while Kyle bought in.  Kyle is really a process guy.  A lot of people question what trusting the process is.  I think it's buying in to the direction the team is going, the scheme that is being implimented and being patient while the right players are aquired.

What happened with McCarthy and probably Rexy is players stopped buying in.  They didnt trust the Scheme on defense and didnt have faith in Rex He didnt have enough time to aquire the players he needed to run his defensive scheme (The defense never bought in because they prefered Schwartz, too many draft misses.  Not that they were bad players but they werent scheme fits.)  The offense bought into Lynn,  I thing thats why the offense probably over acheived and why the chargers are doing well.  

So Rogers is an arrogant duesch.

McCarthy got fired (because Rogers isnt Brett Favre or as much as I hate to say it but Brady.  I don't recall either of their coaches ever getting fired.)

And relax we are in good shape because the players and the owners buy what McBeane is selling and they are drafting really well and hit on some really good RFAs to run what they want.  We'll be winning in no time.  I hope everyone on this board gets off the fire McBeane train ( everyone whose on it). Because McBeane aint getting fired.

Sorry if I got on a tangent.  Had a bit to drink.

Favre was a gunslinger who won and lost on his confidence and risk-taking.

26 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

In some ways I feel bad for him. He has had a lot of bad luck and some incredibly bogus calls go against him. In the end though he made a number of blunders that killed them in crucial games. McCarthy's job was to make sure that he elevated all the talent that the team and put them in a position to win. Instead he had them second guessing themselves and losing to lesser teams. 

So did Rex and a lot of other coaches we've had.  The fact is you have to keep your players buying in and he couldnt.  Wether it was due to poor descisions I dont know but its clear he did.  Those players are better than there record.

• Thank you (+1) 1

"The 2018 season has not lived up to the expectations and standards of the Green Bay Packers. As a result, I made the difficult decision to relieve Mike McCarthy of his role as head coach, effective immediately," Packers president Mark Murphy said in a statement. "Mike has been a terrific head coach and leader of the Packers for 13 seasons, during which time we experienced a great deal of success on and off the field. We want to thank Mike.... 

Where does he land? Browns? Bengals? Jax?

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I bold predicted this last year.... I also bold predicted this year that 3 Head Coaches would be fired in season. 2 down, 1 to go. 

Marrone next?  Or Bowles.  Maybe Gruden in Washington?  Marvin Lewis will make it to the end of the season.  Gase and Joseph likely make it to 2019. 

22 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Bring in Kliff Kingsbury to he QB coach and pay him like an OC.

Kingsbury is going to USC IMO. Rams offered a consultant job but unless packers bring him in as OC I think he stays in college.

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Not to me, the Jets are never a concern, because they are the Jets.

Since 1969 they gave a few worrisome years in the early 1980s... and a few other good seasons after that 

6 hours ago, PeterDude said:

Hopefully this makes McClappity sweat a bit.  Maybe he'll decide not to try to play 1980's football next season.

He'd better start calling plays on offense, then, right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I bold predicted this last year.... I also bold predicted this year that 3 Head Coaches would be fired in season. 2 down, 1 to go. 

Bold? This is like saying the sun will rise at least 3 times this year. 

11 hours ago, eanyills said:

No, because McCarthy had the best QB of this generation and underutilized him completely.

He’s not some offensive mastermind.

"underutilized him completely"??

WTF?

And he's not the best of his generation.