Rate the rookie QB after week 13

RPbillsfan

Results are in for the rookie QB's in week 13.

Here is how I rate them so far

5. Sam Darnold - Injured and when played very turnover prone.  Has made some flash plays, but weaknesses addressed in pre-draft scouting are really showing up.

4.  Josh Rosen - Not been impressive at all, no mobility, seems to lack arm strength to make all the throws.  Very low completion percentage for a QB with accuracy a strength coming in.

3.  Lamar Jackson - Not very much on the passing side, excellent runner.  Undefeated as a starter is a by-product of soft schedule as a starter.  Let's see what he's got next week against the Chiefs

2.  Josh Allen - Developing nicely, is everything in his pre-draft scouting report.  Magnificent arm, needs improvement in accuracy.  Running threat is more then what we expected.  Best long term upside of entire rookie class.  

1.  Baker Mayfield - Accurate, strong feel for the game, prone to interceptions and may be as good as he is going to get

• Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, RPbillsfan said:

Results are in for the rookie QB's in week 13.

Here is how I rate them so far

5. Sam Darnold - Injured and when played very turnover prone.  Has made some flash plays, but weaknesses addressed in pre-draft scouting are really showing up.

4.  Josh Rosen - Not been impressive at all, no mobility, seems to lack arm strength to make all the throws.  Very low completion percentage for a QB with accuracy a strength coming in.

3.  Lamar Jackson - Not very much on the passing side, excellent runner.  Undefeated as a starter is a by-product of soft schedule as a starter.  Let's see what he's got next week against the Chiefs

2.  Josh Allen - Developing nicely, is everything in his pre-draft scouting report.  Magnificent arm, needs improvement in accuracy.  Running threat is more then what we expected.  Best long term upside of entire rookie class.  

1.  Baker Mayfield - Accurate, strong feel for the game, prone to interceptions and may be as good as he is going to get

I'd swap Darnold and Rosen, but pretty close. I wouldn't even rate Jackson.

• Like (+1) 1

I can’t believe there are people saying Baker has reached his ceiling. Absolutely mind boggling.

As of right now I’d say it’s

Baker

Allen

Rosen

Darnold

Jackson

The last 3 are interchangeable at this point. And I don’t think they are close to Baker or Allen.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 2

Baker

Allen

Jackson

Rosen

Darnold

Jackson isn't a great passer but he's 3-0 and has made the team around him better, that means alot as a QB. Darnold is massively turnover prone and the excuses that he has no receiver talent is nonsense when you look at who Allen is throwing to.

Thrilled we got Allen to be honest. 

• Like (+1) 2

I really only watch Bills games with regularity, so I’ll only weigh in on Allen. I’m very encouraged by what I’ve seen since he came back. I thought he was better against the Jags than today, but still saw a lot better today than I saw earlier this year. The future may just be bright!

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Meh. His passing has been desperat through 2 games. Running around doesn't impress me. You won't win that way long term. 

He’s 3-0 and is further along than Darnold or Rosen. His team has rallied. Regardless of what it means long-term, he has certainly helped his team more than those others.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1. Allen

2. Baker

3. Darnold

4. Jackson

5. Rosen

Allen’s development has been on rocket fuel the past couple weeks. He is definitely making the most “wow” plays and he is doing it with the worst supporting cast in the NFL. Looking like a future Super Bowl QB. He is already way ahead of the development curve, sky is the limit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Troll Toll said:

1. Allen

2. Baker

3. Darnold

4. Jackson

5. Rosen

Allen’s development has been on rocket fuel the past couple weeks. He is definitely making the most “wow” plays and he is doing it with the worst supporting cast in the NFL. Looking like a future Super Bowl QB. He is already way ahead of the development curve, sky is the limit.

Lol Allen better than Baker. Put that pipe down.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Lol Allen better than Baker. Put that pipe down.

He passed Baker this week. It seems like there are a decent number of people on here who have no clue how incredible the throws and runs were this week (probably clouded by the disappointing outcome). In the coming weeks it will only become clearer that Allen is the best of the class, especially when he beats New England on the road.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Troll Toll said:

He passed Baker this week. It seems like there are a decent number of people on here who have no clue how incredible the throws and runs were this week (probably clouded by the disappointing outcome). In the coming weeks it will only become clearer that Allen is the best of the class, especially when he beats New England on the road.

No, just no.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m higher on Jackson than you.

1. Baker 

2. Allen

3. Jackson

4. Rosen

5. Darnold

This looks like the right order.

Darnold is a turnover machine like most people thought he would be.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s 3-0 and is further along than Darnold or Rosen. His team has rallied. Regardless of what it means long-term, he has certainly helped his team more than those others.

He has?  Are you sure it's not just that he plays on a much better team than any of the other guys?

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Meh. His passing has been desperat through 2 games. Running around doesn't impress me. You won't win that way long term. 

Also the past couple games Allen has been significantly more effective running the ball than Jackson, it isn't even close. Allen has had 22 rushes for 234 yards since coming back from injury. Jackson has had 28 rushes for 146 yards. That's 10.6 YPC for Allen to 5.2 YPC for Jackson. That's crazy. I know Allen's mobility was part of his game in college but I don't think anyone predicted he would be this good.

Random funny side note - on Jackson's Pro Football Reference page his rushing is listed before his passing. I don't think I've ever seen that on a QB's page before.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

1. Allen

2. Baker

3. Darnold

4. Jackson

5. Rosen

Thats seems similar to how I would rate them. Allen looks special.

• Like (+1) 1