Sign in to follow this  
transplantbillsfan

Josh Allen will be a 2019 NFL MVP candidate

On 6/18/2019 at 11:26 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Carson Wentz had 16 TDs to 14 interceptions and Mitch Trubisky had 7 TDs and 7 INTs and Jared Goff had 5 TDs and 7 INTs in their rookie years and drastically improved in year 2.

It's coming... embrace it :thumbsup:

Which one of them won NFL MVP? Remind me. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Is this thread about how Josh Allen will win NFL MVP? Remind me.

3 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Enough of my snarkiness.

Both Wentz and Goff were legitimately part of the conversation for NFL MVP very late into the season.

Trubisky wasn't. I included him more because of the stark improvement from year 1 to year 2. If Allen has a statistical improvement in line with Trubisky's statistical improvement from year 1 to year 2, I think Allen will absolutely be in that conversation for NFL MVP.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:35 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Enough of my snarkiness.

Both Wentz and Goff were legitimately part of the conversation for NFL MVP very late into the season.

Trubisky wasn't. I included him more because of the stark improvement from year 1 to year 2. If Allen has a statistical improvement in line with Trubisky's statistical improvement from year 1 to year 2, I think Allen will absolutely be in that conversation for NFL MVP.

Wentz was. He might have won it had his knee not blown. Goff less so (in his 2nd season at least). He was a little more in year 3. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Wentz was. He might have won it had his knee not blown. Goff less so (in his 2nd season at least). He was a little more in year 3. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000888976/article/tom-brady-leads-tight-mvp-race-heading-into-final-stretch-of-2017

Published: Dec. 6, 2017 at 03:33 p.m.
Updated: Dec. 6, 2017 at 04:48 p.m.

Tom Brady leads tight MVP race heading into final stretch of 2017

GOF219636.png%3Acover()&w=120&h=120
Jared Goff
LA.png
QB
Rams

This has to be the biggest surprise of the top five candidates. Before the season started, there was some question as to whether Goff could even be the Rams' quarterback long-term. Since then, he's helped push Los Angeles (9-3) to Super Bowlcontention while improving each week. Now we can see why Goff was picked first overall in the 2016 NFL Draft. He's just doing everything better, from spinning the ball to going to the right receivers. Goff has been helped by the resurgence of Todd Gurley -- the way the quarterback and running back feed off each other, they remind me of Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliottwith the Cowboys last season. Coach Sean McVay has played a huge role in Goff's success, coming up with some concepts that are totally new and novel -- if Goff were to win this award, he and McVay should split the trophy in half. 

2017 stats: 12 games | 62.2 pct | 3,184 pass yds | 8.1 ypa | 20 pass TD | 6 INT | 1 rush TD
Edited by transplantbillsfan

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

One guy's opinion. Those stats are never winning the MVP in this era. If that is the standard then sure Josh has a shot to be in Gil Brandt's top 10. 

One reputable guy.

He was part of the conversation as a candidate. That's the point.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

One reputable guy.

He was part of the conversation as a candidate. That's the point.

No he wasn't. There was a Ram in contention. But it was Gurley. Not Goff. 

46 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

One guy's opinion...

John-Cusack-Wink.gif

Look, I'd be delighted if Josh has a sophomore year like Goff. But it would not, in my opinion make your prediction right. I checked about 10 lists last night from the end of the season. Dear old Gil was the only one who had Goff on his. To be an MVP candidate Josh has to be in the national conversation. Not just a name one guy throws out there. In any normal season there are like 3 or 4 names in the national conversation. The year you are talking about those 4 were Brady, Brees, Wentz and Gurley. 

On 6/26/2019 at 8:48 PM, Elite Poster said:

Id put more money on JA winning MVP than you being an elite poster😎

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay @transplantbillsfan....Josh Allen is 150-1 to win the MVP.  I'm thinking of putting down $100.  If I lose $100...no big deal (but I'll blame you).  If Allen does win it....pretty good pay out.  

Will-Ferrell-Celebrating.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1

I hope Josh Allen doesn't fall flat on his face.

It will be a miserable 2019 if he does.

But I am hoping for the best and I think this team can be very very good, which, of course, means that Josh Allen will be very very very good.

oh man... and this next tweet echoes back to a thread I started after Josh was drafted... right in the middle of OTAs or so... 

Yes, Josh. I agree. You should have gotten #1 reps the second you were drafted based on the QBs we had on the roster... period!!!

Still cracking up at the Peterman love in that thread 

Jeff-DanielsJim-Carrey-Lol.gif

https://theathletic.com/1099855/2019/07/26/kyle-peko-provides-a-dose-of-perspective-and-other-notes-from-day-2-of-bills-training-camp/

Josh Allen update

I charted Josh Allen as 16-for-26 passing during team drills Friday. He seemed to pick up steam as the day went along. He’s still working on getting in sync with new slot receiver Cole Beasley. The two connected on just 3-of-6 targets during team drills, with Allen missing high on a few occasions. Beasley has shown the initiative to seek Allen out between drills and after practice to make sure the two are on the same page and working toward a stronger chemistry. After Beasley missed most of the spring, it’s not a shock that he’s still getting on the same page with Allen.

That hasn’t stopped Allen from spreading the ball around. He’s attacking all areas of the field and threw to 11 receivers on Day 2 of practice. Allen has been patient in the pocket and willing to go through his progressions. The intensity is going to go up when pads come on, but Friday was a step in the right direction for the second-year passer.

https://theathletic.com/1104285/2019/07/29/through-four-days-of-bills-camp-thoughts-and-analysis-on-all-91-players/

Quarterback

Unlike last year at St. John Fisher College, Josh Allen is now the Bills’ unquestioned starter and has made strides along the way — even from spring workouts to his work at camp. It certainly helps that Allen has his top four receivers to throw to in camp. He’s still showing some growing pains, whether on shorter throws to Cole Beasley or in the flat to running backs, but the results have been trending in the right direction, especially over the last two practices.

Allen already seems to have found some timing and chemistry with Beasley and John Brown, his two newest targets. The quarterback frequently found both players in stride while exhibiting the patience to allow their routes to develop — which is particularly tricky with Beasley’s unconventional footwork. Allen hasn’t stared down his targets nearly as often as he did just two months ago, which has helped him cut back on turnovers. His lone regrettable throw occurred during Sunday’s practice. The pass was well behind his receiver, which allowed the trailing Tre’ Davious White to pick it off as if he were the intended target. Allen came back from that throw, however, to have his best day of camp, which is indicative of the encouraging signs he has shown through the first four days.

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Get ready fer the Josh Allen improvement! :thumbsup:

An alarmingly positive tweet from Thad. Is he feeling ok??

i guess technically if you are in the NFL then you are a "candidate" for MVP

the bills josh allen will not be in the Top 50 of vote getters

I don't think this will be an MVP year, but it's possible in the future... if he improves his accuracy. He can't be throwing balls into the ground. I think he definitely has the moxie and the drive to be an MVP, but his game won't quite be at that level this year.