Sign in to follow this  
transplantbillsfan

Josh Allen will be a 2019 NFL MVP candidate

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Funny how this thread moved the goalposts from “MVP candidate” to “sneak into pro bowl”...

It hasn't.

Allen will be an MVP candidate :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It hasn't.

you're really stretching it here...MVP?

I feel strongly he will make a big step but not an MVP step.

why set yourself up like this and why, only in his second season would you make such a bold prediction?

never mind, no need to answer as it's pretty clear based off your board reputation that you are obsessed with JA  the same as you were with tuhrod. fortunately though I don't see JA sent packing for a 5th...nor do I see him a 2019 MVP.

2020 maybe?

16 hours ago, Bangarang said:

How sad is it that your bet for a stranger on the internet is that they have to be nice to you..

I predict Ed Oliver will be under consideration for Defensive Rookie of the Year.  If that happens, you have to do my laundry for a month.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I predict Ed Oliver will be under consideration for Defensive Rookie of the Year.  If that happens, you have to do my laundry for a month.

I predict that he won’t. If I win, I’ll still do your laundry but I get to do it naked. Deal?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I predict that he won’t. If I win, I’ll still do your laundry but I get to do it naked. Deal?

I’ll turn up the heat so you can also be sweaty.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

why set yourself up like this and why, only in his second season would you make such a bold prediction?

My guess is the recent success of second year QB's. Three second year QB's in the last two seasons have been MVP candidates.

While Allen is a long shot still, I do like the odds of one out of Allen, Darnold or Mayfield to be an MVP candidate. Of course, MVP candidate is kind of hard to grade. But typically major sporting websites do a top 10 MVP ranking throughout the season.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is going places. We can PM to discuss the terms further.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

....10 wins.....a WC spot and a healthy Josh works for me.....MVP candidate?....his humility for an individual award would probably see him downplay it.....it can come later IMO....

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you're really stretching it here...MVP?

I feel strongly he will make a big step but not an MVP step.

never mind, no need to answer as it's pretty clear based off your board reputation that you are obsessed with JA  the same as you were with tuhrod. fortunately though I don't see JA sent packing for a 5th...nor do I see him a 2019 MVP.

2020 maybe?

To clarify, since you aren't the only one leaving this word out:

Candidate.

I didn't predict he would win, just that he's going to be in that MVP conversation during the season.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

To clarify, since you aren't the only one leaving this word out:

Candidate.

I didn't predict he would win, just that he's going to be in that MVP conversation during the season.

gotcha chief.

candidate eh?

so, throwing for 30 tds and 10-12 wins (or 10 and possible wildcard) and deep (at least divisional or afcc) in to the playoffs?

that would be the only way I see him even in the conversation. I wouldn't count him out if it were the 2020 season but there will be a lot of work to do to even reach 10 wins this season.

2020 however, after a season of experience with the new OL/WR and another draft and fa pick ups, I would then most likely consider JA in the mix for MVP...candidate

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

...let 'em continue to learn "the walk" before expecting him to sprint......no rush......

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

This is going places. We can PM to discuss the terms further.

Invite me in the PM,I want to get involved in this naked laundry party. Thanks

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I also want participate in the naked laundry. I'm a big Gain fan and use the "gain fireworks" for extra freshness. Thanks in advance...

3 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

... I also want participate in the naked laundry. I'm a big Gain fan and use the "gain fireworks" for extra freshness. Thanks in advance...

i'm a Tide Pods man myself.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/2/2019 at 1:48 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

It hasn't.

I approve this message !!! 

On 6/2/2019 at 1:05 PM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

gotcha chief.

candidate eh?

so, throwing for 30 tds and 10-12 wins (or 10 and possible wildcard) and deep (at least divisional or afcc) in to the playoffs?

that would be the only way I see him even in the conversation. I wouldn't count him out if it were the 2020 season but there will be a lot of work to do to even reach 10 wins this season.

2020 however, after a season of experience with the new OL/WR and another draft and fa pick ups, I would then most likely consider JA in the mix for MVP...candidate

To be fair, Fred was in the MVP conversation in like, Week 6 of the 2011 season.  Win totals and final stats don't play into mid-season discussion.  JA could start off hot in games 1-5, and either he has amazing Miami game-like stats, or he is just responsible for all the scoring (like most of his time back last year), but the team is also winning.  Lots of interesting things go into how someone gets talked about for the MVP during the season.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/2/2019 at 1:05 PM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

gotcha chief.

candidate eh?

Point of clarification:  Post-season results do not come in to play when selecting the MVP.  It is voted on prior to the playoffs.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

I was an Allen fan before the draft and I was glad we took him and I am still glad we took him, but I think we need to pump the brakes on the MVP talk.

I feel Allen will be a long term project, it may take him 4 or 5 years before we get a glimpse of who he really is. In the meantime I believe we'll see solid play, tantalizing moments followed by head scratching plays. Such is life for a young QB.

When I think of Allen I think of a big play machine that still hasn't mastered the ins and outs and nuances of the QB position. Especially in the short and underneath passing game so Allen relied on his legs a lot. Then again we didn't have a guy like Cole Beasley last year either. Will he be a more complete QB this year? I would hope so, but I don't expect a MVP like jump in that regard either. 22:10 TDS to INTs would make me hopeful. Any more than that then I think we should all be really hopeful and I also think our running game would be good enough for a considerable playoff push. Maybe we can make the wildcard and sneak out a win.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:29 AM, Rocket94 said:

Yes, and from what I understand, Palmer and Dorsey are excellent mentors and teachers. Surely they are running him through his film and working with him closely. Allen knows he can throw the ball to Fort Erie, but he is learning all aspects of the QB position. After he was drafted we know he followed the press...reinforcing his I have to do it all attitude. 

Good post.

Josh Allen seems like the type of athlete that will push to get better and better year after year.  It's an internal character thing as I see it.

It's rare for someone (especially Diva QBs) to consistently keep working to improve.  He's got a lot to prove to a lot of people and he won't give up easily.

There is a big chip on this young man shoulder and I like it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Good post.

Josh Allen seems like the type of athlete that will push to get better and better year after year.  It's an internal character thing as I see it.

It's rare for someone (especially Diva QBs) to consistently keep working to improve.  He's got a lot to prove to a lot of people and he won't give up easily.

There is a big chip on this young man shoulder and I like it.

Yes. On top of that it...his humility is refreshing. He wants to do it all...yet he is realizing it takes steps. I am not worried about him. He is doing everything he can.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Yes. On top of that it...his humility is refreshing. He wants to do it all...yet he is realizing it takes steps. I am not worried about him. He is doing everything he can.

Yep, and this season I'm just going to sit back and try to enjoy the ride for once.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yep, and this season I'm just going to sit back and try to enjoy the ride for once.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes...me as well. Just a matter of time!

• Like (+1) 1