Sign in to follow this  
transplantbillsfan

Josh Allen will be a 2019 NFL MVP candidate

13 hours ago, Putin said:

And you know this because?

And you know he will be because?

I'm not saying he won't be good, but do you really think he'll be top 5 next year? Top 10? I think he can push for top 10 QB but that doesn't put your near an MVP.

I'm being optimistic and being treated like I'm calling him a bust. I'm just trying to make an accurate observation. 

Most analysts would say I'm crazy for top 10, but I know how this board regards analysts. You all know better lol.

• Like (+1) 2

I thought MVP was in the bag

Image result for Kramer walking gif
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yep.

Offer was for Ol Dirty B, but if you wanna get in on it, name your terms.

I said friendly wager, though. Nothing overtly mean-spirited.

If he makes a pro bowl I'll get a transplant tramp stamp. That'll really confuse people, just the words transplant.

I'm playing but if he makes the pro bowl, not as an alternate I'll donate 20 bucks to a charity of your choice.

I don't even need a return. I'll be happy to donate the money. Doing something good is good enough, Allen looking like the franchise would just be even sweeter.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

lmao. be nice to you?? nice when you are being obtuse or nice when you don't deserve it? sorry but you are asking me to be disingenuous. would you rather be coddled and swaddled in cloth to protect you from the harsh realities of the world around you? then to have a tough love aimed at you (omg, @Patrick_Duffy might be right) and let you know when you are wrong? is one happy living a delusion rather than in reality?

sorry but if these are your terms, no can do. choose something that is fair and it's on like Donkey Kong.

Terms are pretty damn fair, I'd say.

I guess derision and bitterness is in your blood, though. Pity.

If you can't be nice, you can just ignore me... didn't your mama ever teach you that? 

Are you really just that devoted to me? :wub:

18 hours ago, Foxx said:

will you promise to stop making your ill fated prognostications forever if he isn't?

stupid ask, you can't possibly adhere to that requirement, it is in your blood...

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I can do that.

And if he is, you can only be nice to me on here. That's both in one on ones and in your conversation with others. No sarcasm. No derision. Nice or nothing.

Or is that impossible for you because sarcasm and derision is in your blood?

So is this a bet or not Foxxy?

Allen makes pro bowl as 1st selection not alternate and you either be nice to me in both conversation with me and references to me... or you just ignore talking to me or about me in any way, shape or form. Of course that includes the entire realm of TBD and all her message boards, not just the Wall.

And if he doesn't, I cease all prognostications here whatsoever. 

Seems like you want that pretty badly and think I can't do it.

So how 'bout it?

Ralph-Richeson-Thumbs-Up.gif

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If someone bets this, please post your betting slip. The odds have to be amazing. 

Ummm... what????

You want in?

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Allen makes pro bowl as 1st selection not alternate and you either be nice to me in both conversation with me and references to me... or you just ignore talking to me or about me in any way, shape or form. Of course that includes the entire realm of TBD and all her message boards, not just the Wall.

So how 'bout it?

Ummm... what????

You want in?

As opposed to requiring the loser to change their overall behavior I think you guys would be better off with a standard loser has to say something praising the winner and disparaging themselves.

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm not saying he won't be good, but do you really think he'll be top 5 next year? Top 10? I think he can push for top 10 QB but that doesn't put your near an MVP.

I'm being optimistic and being treated like I'm calling him a bust. I'm just trying to make an accurate observation. 

Most analysts would say I'm crazy for top 10, but I know how this board regards analysts. You all know better lol.

Outside of Buffalo, you'd be pretty hard pressed to find anyone that believes he'll be a top 10 QB. He hasn't shown anything to make someone believe that outside of pure optimism & faith, so yeah, predicting top 10 is generous to say the least.

Compared to others on this board though, you're not enough of a homer lol. You had people last year watch Patrick Mahomes become an MVP in his first season as a starter, breaking records left & right, tossing over 50 TD's, and put his team in the lead in the AFC Championship game to head into the Super Bowl, yet STILL say they'd rather have the "potential" of Josh Allen.

I mean, why take results and an actual MVP when you have a 1 in a million chance to get someone who MIGHT play even better? That's like saying you'd rather take the lotto ticket that COULD win $100 million instead of taking a guaranteed $10 million in cash up front. 

So trying to have an HONEST conversation about Josh Allen on here has proven fruitless with most people. I've warmed up to the guy, want him to succeed, and even got his jersey for my wife, but I'm not going to throw out insane & outrageous predictions just because it makes me feel warm & fuzzy to fantasize about how cool it'd be to have an elite QB again.

Reality is he played awful the first half of the season, then showed glimpses of potentially being good once he returned from injury & went on to face the WEAKEST strength of schedule in the league for his final 6 games (shocker).

So let's wait to anoint him until he starts playing just "good" overall. If someone claims they believe he's an MVP candidate based on anything they actually witnessed him do on the field, then Baker Mayfield is going to win the Super Bowl, win the MVP, and be voted into the HOF next year too, because his on field play showed a LOT more than Allen.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So how 'bout it?

yeah, no. pick a different punishment for me and we're on.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Was Tyrod ever within a hundred of being MVP? I like him, but don't think he ever was. 

I made it impossible to judge, but I'll gladly admit if I'm wrong.

No. In fairness though I did clarify with transplant that he meant an actual pro-bowler not the 19th alternate....

12 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Trust me Ol D B - the problem is not with you.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Foxx said:

yeah, no. pick a different punishment for me and we're on.

How about you pick it? Apparently you're the one nervous about losing something you value.

You came in with a term for me and I accepted. I didn't realize your relationship and interaction with me was so important.

Give me something you're willing to bet that's relatively equal to what I'm betting. Based on the way you constantly beg me to stop making these predictions, it should be something that matters.

Otherwise, my original offer stands if you're man enough to accept the terms.

18 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You are being rational.  It’s just people think playoffs for the Bills.  Can’t blame anyone for thinking we might make the playoffs this year.  Every playoff teams qb is automatically glanced at in the mvp voting.  Might only be a quick glance, but if they’re the obvious reason that team is in the playoffs, you can get some votes.  

Allen showed he can be dynamic.  He needs to be consistent with showing it.  If he does and we win games, I don’t see why he wouldn’t be in the mix.  His upside is MVP caliber 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/30/2019 at 5:28 PM, HOUSE said:

I thought MVP was in the bag

Image result for Kramer walking gif

Ok...along with MVP comes a new nickname!

23 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So how 'bout it?

Ummm... what????

You want in?

I was going to take a straw poll of how many days you’d stick to that, but hours might be the better measurement. 

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

You are being rational.  It’s just people think playoffs for the Bills.  Can’t blame anyone for thinking we might make the playoffs this year.  Every playoff teams qb is automatically glanced at in the mvp voting.  Might only be a quick glance, but if they’re the obvious reason that team is in the playoffs, you can get some votes.  

Allen showed he can be dynamic.  He needs to be consistent with showing it.  If he does and we win games, I don’t see why he wouldn’t be in the mix.  His upside is MVP caliber 

Most years you are looking at 2 maaaaaaybe 3 of those 12 playoff qbs receiving votes.

unless he’s dominating and on a division champ (more realistically top 2 seed with a bye) he’s not likely to see votes.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Most years you are looking at 2 maaaaaaybe 3 of those 12 playoff qbs receiving votes.

unless he’s dominating and on a division champ (more realistically top 2 seed with a bye) he’s not likely to see votes.

I don’t think it’s “likely” that he will get

votes.  I’m just saying that it’s a possibility, if we make the playoffs, that voters would have to at least think about him.  

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I was going to take a straw poll of how many days you’d stick to that, but hours might be the better measurement. 

Ummm... what????

Are you actually following along???

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ummm... what????

Are you actually following along???

Yes, if you lose I don’t think you’d make it a full day without a qb “prognostication” thread. You just can’t help it.

under 1 day, over 12 posts in a loss.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

votes.  I’m just saying that it’s a possibility, if we make the playoffs, that voters would have to at least think about him.  

The Bills offense was 2nd or 3rd worst in the league last season, depending on the metric. If they wind up in the top half of the league this season, then Allen will get some real props from the league and people in general. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him get some votes and at least an alternate spot.  

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

I live in Chicago now. I asked some Bears fans about Allen. They said he runs too much. They don't know half the story behind that!

7 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I live in Chicago now. I asked some Bears fans about Allen. They said he runs too much. They don't know half the story behind that!

Out of curiosity, what do Bears fans think of Trubisky?

...quite a quantum leap.....slow and grow with 10 "W's" /wild card works just fine for me....he's a TEAM vs ME guy anyway................

32 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Out of curiosity, what do Bears fans think of Trubisky?

For the most part Bears fans love Trubisky. They expect an ascension in his play as well as the team as a whole. I couldn't help bringing up the field goal in the playoffs! All I said was that I "could relate"

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Agree. I was in the pub with a Falcons fan last week and that was exactly his take too. Runs too much and not a good pocket QB. I don't think they are right but Josh has a lot to do to change those perceptions.