Sign in to follow this  
transplantbillsfan

Josh Allen will be a 2019 NFL MVP candidate

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Soooooooo.... anyone hear anything about how JA has looked in OTAs? Has he looked good?

John-Cusack-Wink.gif

I've spoken to the authorities at Canton and they have agreed to add Josh to this year's HoF list. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Soooooooo.... anyone hear anything about how JA has looked in OTAs? Has he looked good?

John-Cusack-Wink.gif

yep. they aren't even going to hold a competition this year, they are just going to give the award to Josh.

:eyeroll:

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

I agreed with this thread that it was a possibility when it was posted and agree with it even more now.  Josh has a real shot to have a special year this year.  I’m not going to guarantee he will win it, but I do believe he has a legit shot to turn some heads and be in the convo.  I mean anyone would have laughed last offseason if someone suggested Mahomes would be an MVP contender and he went out and had one of the best seasons ever.  

I think we have a great coaching staff and love the vibe and culture of this team right now.  Expecting big strides with the OL and run game around him this year which will really help Josh in the passing game and using all these new weapons.  

KOOL-AID officially has been drank!

Allen for MVP 2019!!!  Let’s do this s**t!!!!

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agreed with this thread that it was a possibility when it was posted and agree with it even more now.  Josh has a real shot to have a special year this year.  I’m not going to guarantee he will win it, but I do believe he has a legit shot to turn some heads and be in the convo.  I mean anyone would have laughed last offseason if someone suggested Mahomes would be an MVP contender and he went out and had one of the best seasons ever.  

I think we have a great coaching staff and love the vibe and culture of this team right now.  Expecting big strides with the OL and run game around him this year which will really help Josh in the passing game and using all these new weapons.  

KOOL-AID officially has been drank!

Allen for MVP 2019!!!  Let’s do this s**t!!!!

I'm feeling like this more every day 

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)

This thread is ridiculous. I'm more of a fan of Allen than I thought I'd be.

But he'll be no where near the MVP conversation. He wont even be within a hundred of it. And that doesn't mean he hasn't shown progress or gotten better

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Meh 1
  • Skeptical 1

31 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

But he'll be no where near the MVP conversation. He wont even be within a hundred of it. And that doesn't mean he hasn't shown progress or gotten better

You're obviously entitled to your own opinion. 

I just think it's really wrong.

Allen's about to tear up the league.

Friendly wager that, let's say, Allen makes the Pro Bowl this year. If he does that, I'd say he'd be within a hundred of being MVP, right?

Name your terms.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Friendly wager that, let's say, Allen makes the Pro Bowl this year. If he does that, I'd say he'd be within a hundred of being MVP, right?

Name your terms.

As a first selection only? No sneaking in as an alternate? 

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

As a first selection only? No sneaking in as an alternate? 

Yep.

Offer was for Ol Dirty B, but if you wanna get in on it, name your terms.

I said friendly wager, though. Nothing overtly mean-spirited.

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yep.

Offer was for Ol Dirty B, but if you wanna get in on it, name your terms.

I said friendly wager, though. Nothing overtly mean-spirited.

I will happily do a $50 charity bet. No money passes between us but loser makes a $50 donation to a charity of the winner's choice and sends a screenshot of the donation as proof. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I will happily do a $50 charity bet. No money passes between us but loser makes a $50 donation to a charity of the winner's choice and sends a screenshot of the donation as proof. 

Works for me.

But I'm not rich... so can't do this bet a whole bunch with others since I will honor it if I lose.

Gonna have to be different with others who jump in.

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

And you know this because?

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Works for me.

But I'm not rich... so can't do this bet a whole bunch with others since I will honor it if I lose.

Gonna have to be different with others who jump in.

will you promise to stop making your ill fated prognostications forever if he isn't?

stupid ask, you can't possibly adhere to that requirement, it is in your blood...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

There are two obstacles. Allen playing at an elite level and the Bills winning. Both would have to happen. Allen did play at an elite level for his final six games last year even if half that production was on the ground. 

This year we don't expect him to run for 100 yards every other game but a dip in rushing numbers should hopefully coincide with improved passing numbers.

There have a been a number of second year QBs who have been in the MVP conversation recently. Mahomes, Wentz and Goff. I would expect to see Mayfield, Darnold or Allen or a combination of the three be in the conversation this year.

Pretty sure Allen already got the MVP award in the mail. He's just not allowed to talk about it till the season ends.

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

will you promise to stop making your ill fated prognostications forever if he isn't?

stupid ask, you can't possibly adhere to that requirement, it is in your blood...

I can do that.

And if he is, you can only be nice to me on here. That's both in one on ones and in your conversation with others. No sarcasm. No derision. Nice or nothing.

Or is that impossible for you because sarcasm and derision is in your blood?

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Word. You're gonna have to tell me how to do a screen shot. Not a clue how to do that.

I like Allen and think he shows promise too, but I'm with Ol Dirty B. You guys are nuts here

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Name your terms.

You better be careful on how you structure your bet.  If the Bills are in the Super Bowl, Allen will be ineligible for the Pro Bowl.  Make sure that your bet is he will be named to the Pro Bowl since he won't be playing in it since he'll be playing in the big game.  

Really-if Allen is an MVP candidate, the Bills are Super Bowl contenders.  Pretty simple math.  

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

I like Allen and think he shows promise too, but I'm with Ol Dirty B. You guys are nuts here

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. 

If someone bets this, please post your betting slip. The odds have to be amazing. 

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

There are two obstacles. Allen playing at an elite level and the Bills winning. Both would have to happen. Allen did play at an elite level for his final six games last year even if half that production was on the ground. 

This year we don't expect him to run for 100 yards every other game but a dip in rushing numbers should hopefully coincide with improved passing numbers.

There have a been a number of second year QBs who have been in the MVP conversation recently. Mahomes, Wentz and Goff. I would expect to see Mayfield, Darnold or Allen or a combination of the three be in the conversation this year.

I think we haven’t seen good qb play in forever so we don’t know what it really looks like. Allen was better in those 6 games but stop with elite. 

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I can do that.

And if he is, you can only be nice to me on here. That's both in one on ones and in your conversation with others. No sarcasm. No derision. Nice or nothing.

Or is that impossible for you because sarcasm and derision is in your blood? ...

lmao. be nice to you?? nice when you are being obtuse or nice when you don't deserve it? sorry but you are asking me to be disingenuous. would you rather be coddled and swaddled in cloth to protect you from the harsh realities of the world around you? then to have a tough love aimed at you (omg, @Patrick_Duffy might be right) and let you know when you are wrong? is one happy living a delusion rather than in reality?

sorry but if these are your terms, no can do. choose something that is fair and it's on like Donkey Kong.

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

... Word. You're gonna have to tell me how to do a screen shot. Not a clue how to do that.

on your keyboard there is/should be a 'Print Screen' button (Prt Scr). scroll your browser to the portion on your screen that you want to capture and hit that button. open up paint paste your clipboard, crop the portion you want to save and save it where you can find it. easy peasy.

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If someone bets this, please post your betting slip. The odds have to be amazing. 

I think we haven’t seen good qb play in forever so we don’t know what it really looks like. Allen was better in those 6 games but stop with elite. 

No. His rushing numbers were elite. Actually, not just elite but arguably the best ever over a six game span.  And that's not hyperbole.  His production as a whole was on the elite level even if he was still below average as a passer. Regardless of how poor or mediocre he is at passing if he were to run for those averages for an entire season and the Bills win he will be an MVP candidate. That is all I am saying. Not likely at all he runs for those averages over 16 games but we also expect him to improve in the passing game. 

5 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If Allen plays at an elite level i find it hard to believe the bills aren't winning especially with all the pieces they added for Allen.

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

No. His rushing numbers were elite. Actually, not just elite but arguably the best ever over a six game span.  And that's not hyperbole.  His production as a whole was on the elite level even if he was still below average as a passer. Regardless of how poor or mediocre he is at passing if he were to run for those averages for an entire season and the Bills win he will be an MVP candidate. That is all I am saying. Not likely at all he runs for those averages over 16 games but we also expect him to improve in the passing game. 

I doubt it.  To be an MVP you have to excel at your position and in today's nFL the QB is expected to get yards/tds passing not running the ball.  I don't think he would be "rewarded" for MVP consideration as a running QB, it is too gimmicky.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I doubt it.  To be an MVP you have to excel at your position and in today's nFL the QB is expected to get yards/tds passing not running the ball.  I don't think he would be "rewarded" for MVP consideration as a running QB, it is too gimmicky.

Let's be fair to Allen here. Lamar Jackson is a gimmicky QB. In the final six games, Allen ran the ball about half as many times as Lamar and rushed for the same amount yards or more. Allen is still a gunslinger QB at heart. Just also happens to be super athletic which lead to a YPC well over 10 when you subtract kneel downs and goal to go rushing attempts. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

20 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Let's be fair to Allen here. Lamar Jackson is a gimmicky QB. In the final six games, Allen ran the ball about half as many times as Lamar and rushed for the same amount yards or more. Allen is still a gunslinger QB at heart. Just also happens to be super athletic which lead to a YPC well over 10 when you subtract kneel downs and goal to go rushing attempts. 

I dont disagree.  What Allen did last year as a  running QB was extraordinary, never saw anything like it.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

He will not last playing like that though.  I would have had he setting pass records like Cam than running like him.  As big as he is, those hits will catch up.  

I do know Allen was a fantasy monster at the end of the season.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Name your terms.

Was Tyrod ever within a hundred of being MVP? I like him, but don't think he ever was. 

I made it impossible to judge, but I'll gladly admit if I'm wrong.