Sign in to follow this  
transplantbillsfan

Josh Allen will be a 2019 NFL MVP candidate

Sucks we didn't start him from the beginning and our playoff hopes are dashed, but these last 4 games will be fun to watch just thinking about our future...

our very near future :thumbsup:

First of all.... this kid just cares about football and winning. You can see just in how pi$$ed he was right after that last throw:

Second, he takes responsibility for winning and losing:

The guy is a leader, plain and simple. Didja see him pumping up his Defense on the sidelines once we took the lead--not that it did any good.

Ultimately, he's just a freak of nature physically in terms of size and athleticism. He's doing things with his legs you just don't see from QBs his size.

I think next to Cam Newton, the NFL hasn't seen anything like him, and even compared to Newton, who I think relies more on physicality and strength than elusiveness, Allen is much more of a Houdini and will last longer:

And he's smart about the way he's taking hits. The worst hits he's taking are from the pocket, often illegal but uncalled-- expect a massive OL overhaul this offseason.

And the guy is also pretty clearly capable of being a good passer from the pocket with some work in the offseason. But even now he's making some unreal throws you just don't see from most NFL QBs:

Heck, half the plays he's NOT completing passes are impressive as hell and I'd think improved WRs and TEs in the offseason will massively help:

I think Josh Allen is going to be special very quickly. 

Like 2019 quickly.

Isaiah-Mustafa-Yes-nod.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 3

:rolleyes:

Edited by Foxx

I don’t think we have a clue what we have our hands on yet... Josh is such a gamer. No matter how crappy he may be playing, you always have the feeling he can pull it out at the end. Exciting times ahead! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean I think he can be really good but besides him developing this also really hangs on who gets brought in for next year.

No he won't be. 

Just development and progression would be enough..

2 minutes ago, Meazy26 said:

I don’t think we have a clue what we have our hands on yet... Josh is such a gamer. No matter how crappy he may be playing, you always have the feeling he can pull it out at the end. Exciting times ahead! 

This is true.  I don't understand those that aren't extremely excited right now. 

Josh Allen is The Man. Hopefully, for the next 15 years or so

Next year? Probably not (I'd sure like to be wrong). But the future certainly looks bright and exciting!

6 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

This is true.  I don't understand those that aren't extremely excited right now. 

It's not a coincidence that those that were emotionally invested against him as soon as we picked him are still against him today.  Albeit he is making believers of many of those that weren't on team Allen from day one and for all of those that believed he could be something special, hardly any of those feel that hes been disappointing.  

Hes over performing expectations 

• Like 2

No he won't. He was impressive but no he won't be MVP candidate. You know how ridiculous your stats have to be in order to be from a losing team and be considered. 

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No he won't be. 

Just development and progression would be enough..

Gonna see a Carson Wentz like jump from rookie year to sophomore season.

And the bolstering of our OL combined with acquired weapons are going to further help.

2019 here we come baby!!!

I can’t see him jumping from erratic and inaccurate year one to 4000 yards 40+ tds that it takes to even sniff mvp 

7 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

No he won't. He was impressive but no he won't be MVP candidate. You know how ridiculous your stats have to be in order to be from a losing team and be considered. 

I believe he meant next year

3 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

This is about next year, when we'll no longer be a losing team.

I also think we're in the AFC Championship game and are legitimate contenders next season.

3 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I can’t see him jumping from erratic and inaccurate year one to 4000 yards 40+ tds that it takes to even sniff mvp 

He's really not that erratic and inaccurate even now.

Now with the reveal of the miscommunication on the Zay Jones pass, I think his worst pass today was his missed bomb to Foster, and every QB in the NFL misses that throw.

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Sucks we didn't start him from the beginning and our playoff hopes are dashed, but these last 4 games will be fun to watch just thinking about our future...

our very near future :thumbsup:

First of all.... this kid just cares about football and winning. You can see just in how pi$$ed he was right after that last throw:

The guys a gamer hell he was pissed when his team lost the Senior Bowl.

Edited by Warcodered

Didn’t Josh start half way through first game of the season?

He needs a better caste around him. 

Just win games and ultimately the Championship..

Him winning MVP is no second prize for me..

I think it’s pretty simple to make Allen a phenom.

Trade an early 2020 draft pick for Julio Jones.

Sign Tevin Coleman.

Sign two starting OL.

And go nuts in the draft on offense, starting with one of those stud TE’s that are going in the first round.

They have the cap space to do it. And they will still have plenty of money to get another piece for the D, which doesn’t need much.

• Like 1

AND kicks brady off the top of the division and reclaims glory for the next 15 years for us fans.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Meazy26 said:

Dont be stingy with said 'clues' though.

Pass those suckers around!!