Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?

Gugny

Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?

6 hours ago, Frez said:

After watching it again, that pass was absolutely horrible! Looks like a wounded floppy duck in the air. If that was just a little better pass, clay snags it. 

FYI..I love our rookie QB. 

Define bad pass.

Went 45 yards in the air and made it 3 yards deep into the endzone.

Was it bad because it wobbled? If so then how does anyone ever catch a kickoff? 

The pass was fine, nothing wrong with it, Clay just sucks and gaffed it!

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

We are out of the playoffs and Charles Clay and Kelvin Benjamin both suck.  Get used to not seeing them anywhere and they would not last in the CFL.  Nobody even covered Clay and he gave up on the play which seems to be his only real characteristic as a player.  

I think we could do just as well with Croom. Although I don't have any idea of his blocking ability. But as far as the receiving aspect he is better than Clay. Save lots of money as well.

3 hours ago, pop gun said:

Define bad pass.

Went 45 yards in the air and made it 3 yards deep into the endzone.

Was it bad because it wobbled? If so then how does anyone ever catch a kickoff? 

The pass was fine, nothing wrong with it, Clay just sucks and gaffed it!

Ok, I will try.

The pass was under thrown and wobbled like a wounded duck. If that pass had more steam and was a bit more tighter it would've been game over Buffalo wins. No doubt in my mind! 

Just now, Frez said:

Ok, I will try.

The pass was under thrown and wobbled like a wounded duck. If that pass had more steam and was a bit more tighter it would've been game over Buffalo wins. No doubt in my mind! 

No, if that pass had more steam and was perfectly thrown, the tragedy of Clay dropping it would have been magnified because he would have dropped it standing up in the end zone.  Clay sucks.  

14 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Did anyone post the all 22 view yet?

Look how long Clay is standing still in the endzone while Allen runs in the opposite direction. I think he assumed he was out of the play, and by the time he realized Allen could get the pass to him it was too late. He gave up and couldn't recover in time. Disappointing to say the least.

Seals it for me: Clay not only dropped it, he waited waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long to break on the ball.

7 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Was no circumstances... Allen even admitted it was a bad throw... I guess Josh Allen is a retard by your thinking.

Sorry for ruining your ***** moment.

Allen took responsibility; and yes, it wasn't a great throw...but it was most certainly good enough.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Seals it for me: Clay not only dropped it, he waited waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long to break on the ball.

Allen took responsibility; and yes, it wasn't a great throw...but it was most certainly good enough.

So bad throw and bad drop. Why the ***** is it so hard for you people. 

Edited by Boca BIlls

7 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Maybe because it's not us; it's you.

And I know I said it wasn't a great throw...so let me make this clear: It's not a bad throw...it's actually a sensational throw.  Not good, not very good, not great; utterly sensational.

I said it before: ask any pass catcher in the NFL if he would've caught that ball with the game on the line, and 100% of them would say yes without a scintilla of hesitation.  In contrast, ask any QB in the NFL if they could have made that throw in those conditions, and there might be 5 guys that could honestly say yes. Mahomes could do it, maybe Cam too.  On his best day, Aaron Rodgers could make that throw.  Maybe Carson Wentz if he's fully healthy.

That's your list.

If the throw is good enough to be caught with the game on the line, then it's not a bad throw.  When the throw is good enough to be caught, in fully uncontested fashion, under those conditions, then it's a sensational throw.  Was it perfect?  No, and if you want to say that it's a bad throw because it wasn't the greatest throw of all time (which it would be in contention for if it made it to Clay where he was standing still and not working back to the QB), well, I suppose that's your prerogative...but I think you're grading on a totally unrealistic scale.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I can see that you're still very upset about the lack of a "BOTH," option - even though it's been presented to you in about 4,231.7 ways how this was a pass that was thrown to where it could be caught, where it was subsequently not caught (dropped) by the wide receiver.

I'm starting to get concerned.

If your employer has some sort of an EAP, I suggest looking into it.  If not, perhaps there is someone here that can work with you Pro Bono to get you into a better state of mind.

In the mean time, I suggest you leave this thread alone.  It's simply not healthy and it's breaking my heart to watch you continue to publicly deteriorate.

Bless you, my son.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

It wasn't good enough! 

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I can see that you're still very upset about the lack of a "BOTH," option - even though it's been presented to you in about 4,231.7 ways how this was a pass that was thrown to where it could be caught, where it was subsequently not caught (dropped) by the wide receiver.

I'm starting to get concerned.

If your employer has some sort of an EAP, I suggest looking into it.  If not, perhaps there is someone here that can work with you Pro Bono to get you into a better state of mind.

In the mean time, I suggest you leave this thread alone.  It's simply not healthy and it's breaking my heart to watch you continue to publicly deteriorate.

Bless you, my son.

I'm not reading all of that since it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. 

Both is the only correct answer, dont get mad b.c you forgot an option just learn next time you make a thread.

22 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Maybe because it's not us; it's you.

And I know I said it wasn't a great throw...so let me make this clear: It's not a bad throw...it's actually a sensational throw.  Not good, not very good, not great; utterly sensational.

I said it before: ask any pass catcher in the NFL if he would've caught that ball with the game on the line, and 100% of them would say yes without a scintilla of hesitation.  In contrast, ask any QB in the NFL if they could have made that throw in those conditions, and there might be 5 guys that could honestly say yes. Mahomes could do it, maybe Cam too.  On his best day, Aaron Rodgers could make that throw.  Maybe Carson Wentz if he's fully healthy.

That's your list.

If the throw is good enough to be caught with the game on the line, then it's not a bad throw.  When the throw is good enough to be caught, in fully uncontested fashion, under those conditions, then it's a sensational throw.  Was it perfect?  No, and if you want to say that it's a bad throw because it wasn't the greatest throw of all time (which it would be in contention for if it made it to Clay where he was standing still and not working back to the QB), well, I suppose that's your prerogative...but I think you're grading on a totally unrealistic scale.

It was a bad throw, get over it. Clay was working back to it. You sound like that guy who called up WGR a d said the same thing... he got laughed off the phone line.

Edited by Boca BIlls

2 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I'm not reading all of that since it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. 

If you didn't read it, how do you know whether it's relevant?

4 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

It was a bad throw, get over it. Clay was working back to it. You sound like that guy who called up WGR a d said the same thing... he got laughed off the phone line.

If that's your belief, then you didn't watch the play.

Clay is standing still in the back of the end zone when the ball is released.  If that is someone's definition of "working back to the QB", then that person is simply acluistic.

You wanted the QB to throw the ball more than the 60 yards in the air that he managed to heave it across his body on the run after running 50+ yards?  Again, such an opinion defies any brand of logic.

It was a tremendous throw...and I couldn't care less if some dude got laughed off of WGR.  In fact, him being laughed off of WGR would strongly bolster my opinion of whatever he said, since that duo has been furiously anti-Allen since well before the draft.

And so I'll say it again, and then I'll leave you to your own thoughts: ask any pass catcher in the NFL if he would've caught that ball with the game on the line, and 100% of them would say yes without a scintilla of hesitation.  In contrast, ask any QB in the NFL if they could have made that throw in those conditions, and there might be 5 guys that could honestly say yes. Mahomes could do it, maybe Cam too.  On his best day, Aaron Rodgers could make that throw.  Maybe Carson Wentz if he's fully healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Frez said:

It wasn't good enough! 

Sure it was.

After 8 seconds of running around to get the throw off it went 45 air yards and 3 yards deep into the endzone. It was there, you cant argue it wasnt, Clay had both hands on it and dropped it. Good throw, bad drop, end of story.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, pop gun said:

Sure it was.

After 8 seconds of running around to get the throw off it went 45 air yards and 3 yards deep into the endzone. It was there, you cant argue it wasnt, Clay had both hands on it and dropped it. Good throw, bad drop, end of story.

Yeah but that dude got laughed off of WGR!!!!!

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Clay is standing still in the back of the end zone when the ball is released.  If that is someone's definition of "working back to the QB", then that person is simply acluistic.

You wanted the QB to throw the ball more than the 60 yards in the air that he managed to heave it across his body on the run after running 50+ yards?  Again, such an opinion defies any brand of logic.

It was a tremendous throw...and I couldn't care less if some dude got laughed off of WGR.  In fact, him being laughed off of WGR would strongly bolster my opinion of whatever he said, since that duo has been furiously anti-Allen since well before the draft.

And so I'll say it again, and then I'll leave you to your own thoughts: ask any pass catcher in the NFL if he would've caught that ball with the game on the line, and 100% of them would say yes without a scintilla of hesitation.  In contrast, ask any QB in the NFL if they could have made that throw in those conditions, and there might be 5 guys that could honestly say yes. Mahomes could do it, maybe Cam too.  On his best day, Aaron Rodgers could make that throw.  Maybe Carson Wentz if he's fully healthy.

When he saw the ball wasnt going to make it he started coming back. WATCH 

5 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

When he saw the ball wasnt going to make it he started coming back. WATCH 

I'm trying to figure out if you're just messing with me or if you really can't understand what you're reading.

I'll just post this again with even greater emphasis and hope you get it this time:

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

But forget all of that and answer this one question: does the ball hit him in the hands?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

100% of NFL pass catchers should catch that ball with the game on the line.

Good through (outstanding actually); bad drop.

Edited by thebandit27