Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?

Gugny

Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?

23 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

What isnt civil is going one way or the other when both were *****.

I can tell this is bothering you.  I feel terrible about it.  I'm going to add a "Both," option.

Nah ... I'm not.  It's black and white.  Either a bad pass or a dropped pass.  Period.

54 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I can tell this is bothering you.  I feel terrible about it.  I'm going to add a "Both," option.

Nah ... I'm not.  It's black and white.  Either a bad pass or a dropped pass.  Period.

You are wrong, but it's ok... it goes back to my first post.

Yes, it was (a relatively poor pass that was dropped).  Obviously, Allen was running around trying to escape pressure.  He didn't feel like he had the opportunity to set his fee properly, and it was a deep pass attempt, all of which makes it more difficult to unleash a perfect pass.  Clay should have been more cognizant of Allen's scrambling, and should have come to the front of the end zone sooner.  That would have made it an easier catch to make.  In the end, it was a a catchable ball,, but a tough one to haul in.

4 hours ago, pop gun said:

True and I agree, but I don't understand why people say it was a bad pass, what was bad about it? It made at least 2 yards deep into the endzone, yet I keep seeing it referred to as a bad pass, why? No one can argue that it didn't get there, Clay dropped it, it's 100% on Clay.

Because it wasn't a perfect spiral and/or because Clay couldn't catch it.  It didn't need to be a perfect spiral as long as it got to him, which it did, and Clay dropping it had no bearing on whether it was a good pass or not.

It was Herculean feat by JA just to escape pressure and get that in the vicinity of Clay, so there's no way I put the blame on Josh for that.  At the same time, it wasn't the easiest of catches for a tight end with bad knees.  Zay is as much to blame for dropping the prior pass as Clay was for dropping his.  Neither were "easy" grabs, but you'd like to think we'd be able to hold on to at least one of them.  So, yes, Clay "should" have caught it, but it's easy to see why he didn't. 

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

It was on Clay as much as the drop against Carolina last season was on Zay.

Not a great throw, but certainly catchable. Now if you spent last season bashing Tyrod Taylor for the throw against Carolina and are not claiming this was all on Clay, you're being intellectually dishonest.

Under perfect circumstances Taylor made a poor throw.  Allen reversed feild twice and threw a crossed his body for 40 plus yards.  The fact the ball was even catchable defies physics.  The pass before to Jones would be a similar pass.  3 steps boom Allen put it on the money.

22 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

It was Herculean feat by JA just to escape pressure and get that in the vicinity of Clay, so there's no way I put the blame on Josh for that.  At the same time, it wasn't the easiest of catches for a tight end with bad knees.  Zay is as much to blame for dropping the prior pass as Clay was for dropping his.  Neither were "easy" grabs, but you'd like to think we'd be able to hold on to at least one of them.  So, yes, Clay "should" have caught it, but it's easy to see why he didn't. 

Those are plays Mahomes, Brees, Brady and Rodgers routinely have guys making.    When its caught it's great.  When its dropped he is inaccurate.  

Edited by Mat68

On 12/2/2018 at 3:35 PM, LikeIGiveADarn said:

It's not reasonable to expect Allen to make a perfect pass there, but he got the ball into the hands of the receiver, who dropped it.

With no one around him. No DB distracting him. Good pass considering the situation I thought. Would have been a decent catch if he made it but not spectacular by any stretch.

• Like (+1) 1

The ball definitely must’ve slipped out of Josh’s hand.  Even going to his left he was able to Rip it and his arm is plenty strong enough, even when tired.  

You can tell on replay Clays right toe caught the turf monster, so he was falling forward. What I don’t understand is why a professional receiver like Clay would not get his arms under the ball to keep it From hitting the ground?  It’s like he short armed it.  Strange all around

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Ayoooo tell me this isn't a drop-

DtciKXVW0AACkwn.jpg

That image doesn't even tell the whole story. Clay doesn't need to be on the ground at all. He needed to take two steps forward while the ball was in the air. He completely misjudged the trajectory of the ball.

We are out of the playoffs and Charles Clay and Kelvin Benjamin both suck.  Get used to not seeing them anywhere and they would not last in the CFL.  Nobody even covered Clay and he gave up on the play which seems to be his only real characteristic as a player.  

3 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Bad throw and a drop... did you not understand?

I think people are just thinking to themselves " What sort of a retard could possibly think that was a bad throw considering the circumstances?"    

• Like (+1) 4

Did anyone post the all 22 view yet?

Look how long Clay is standing still in the endzone while Allen runs in the opposite direction. I think he assumed he was out of the play, and by the time he realized Allen could get the pass to him it was too late. He gave up and couldn't recover in time. Disappointing to say the least.

8 hours ago, Magox said:

I think people are just thinking to themselves " What sort of a retard could possibly think that was a bad throw considering the circumstances?"    

Was no circumstances... Allen even admitted it was a bad throw... I guess Josh Allen is a retard by your thinking.

Sorry for ruining your ***** moment.

Edited by Boca BIlls

Seems to me clay misjudged it and dove to soon. could have ran up to it more, not to mention why he was at the very back of the end zone to begin with. When your qb is running for his life you are supposed to run back to him to help

20 hours ago, pop gun said:

Just wondering about the people who say it was a bad pass, what was bad about it? It traveled almost 45 yards in the air about 3 yards deep into the endzone, what was bad about it? Was it not a perfect spiral, because I'm not getting what was so bad about the last pass.

i'm wondering if something is still wrong with his elbow. i saw a few passes that were not tight spirals, and more like wounded ducks in the game. when that happens, accuracy is going to suffer. i hadn't really seen this up until sunday. that's my only question/point.

15 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

It looked like Clay was trying to keep two feet in the end zone.  He had plenty of time to get underneath that thing.

^^ this. why did he stop running and dive? if he kept his feet moving, he would have came back to the ball for an easy catch.