Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?

Gugny

Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?

Both.

The ball was a duck. It came out funny, was wobbly and was probably a good 10 to 15 feet underthrown.  There was no one close to guarding lay and a ball that was a few feet higher and you have yourself an easy TD.

That said, Clay could've and probably should've come up with the ball.  It looked to me like he almost started tripping as he was going down low to get underneath the ball.  

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Allen said postgane he didn't like the way it felt coming out of his hand and he also took responsibility on the Jones throw saying it was Cover 0 and Jones was 100% correct in continuing to run and he threw it as if he was going to sit down.

And this is why I really like Allen a lot.  He doesn't throw his teammates under the bus.  In the long wrong this is far more important then winning this one game. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Wasn’t a great pass but it got there. For 7 mil a year, you expect a guy to catch it. 

After I turned off our game I watched Kelce & Rudolph make great catches using strong hands to hang on.  After last year's performance before injury, I thought Clay would be a nice sleeper.  Sleepy maybe, not sleeper.

Allen was running away from the throw under pressure, its not like he had all day to plant his feet and throw a perfect ball. 

Any average WR in the NFL has the agility and quickness to react to that pass and grab it without breaking a sweat. The fact that Clay sucks and is done is the only reason it was even close. It shouldnt have been close. It should have been a comfortable catch for a TD. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mojo44 said:

You have to keep in mind the specific circumstances of that play. Josh was running for his life. When he made the throw he was off-balance. He had to get it off as fast as possible.He had no time to set his feet. Essentially, it got there. All Clay had to do was take a couple steps towards the pass and catch it. Josh made a great play in my opinion. Shame

AMEN !

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

I can't believe this is actually a serious question.  Do people even remember what Allen had to do to even get that throw off?  It was an amazing play by him.  Bad pass lol

Agree.

Folks who are calling it a bad throw are acting like Allen dropped back in the pocket had ALL day to scan the field and then make a throw to a wide open guy in the end zone.  Instead Allen was running for his life narrowly avoiding a couple of sacks and then turning and throwing a catch-able ball to the end zone.  Frankly, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED it was an incredible throw. 

As others have noted there are only a couple of QB's in the NFL who could have gotten that ball to Clay and I would add that there's only a couple of QB's in the league who could have escaped the rush and not been sacked. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

Agree.

Folks who are calling it a bad throw are acting like Allen dropped back in the pocket had ALL day to scan the field and then make a throw to a wide open guy in the end zone.  Instead Allen was running for his life narrowly avoiding a couple of sacks and then turning and throwing a catch-able ball to the end zone.  Frankly, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED it was an incredible throw. 

As others have noted there are only a couple of QB's in the NFL who could have gotten that ball to Clay and I would add that there's only a couple of QB's in the league who could have escaped the rush and not been sacked. 

Been decades since a Bills QB could even dream of making that pass, forgive the fans for being too young to remember 

1 minute ago, DJB said:

Allen was on the run, moving sideways and throwing somewhat across the field and his body.

That is a drop on Clay

A very Elway-ish toss, can’t think of many others who have done this 

• Like (+1) 1