Troy-42 UB-32 - Dollar General Bowl 12/22

PromoTheRobot

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I just hope Lance Leipold decides to play the full 60 minutes and use his best players.

Its up to players to play hard every play all game... coaches can only do so much... it’s a championship game I’m sure he told them at half to keep it up... the players need to sustain it

just like it’s up to Tyree to NOT throw to AJ... Leipold isn’t telling Tyree to not throw to AJ for 1.5 quarters 

the QB is pulling the trigger and AJ was running routes out there 

Edited by Buffalo716

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Dollar General !! That big money right there. Those places are everywhere.

It's actually not a bad bowl considering UB lost the MACC, other than playing in a town that's practically a home game for Troy. It's a weekend game, it's not a week before Christmas, and the payout is decent. And while flights to Mobile from Buffalo are expensive you can fly to New Orleans or Atlanta, rent a car and drive there.

I thought Miami/O was better than E Michigan, W Michigan, or Toledo.

I think Buffalo got almost as good as an opponent as they would have gotten if they hung on.  They would have probably just swapped places with N Ill and been in the Boca Raton Bowl vs UAB.  Either way, both opponents are comparable.  UAB won C USA, but whatever.  

The big loss was Ohio.  beat Ohio AND win the MAC and we could have seen an upgrade in Bowl and Opponent.

4 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I thought Miami/O was better than E Michigan, W Michigan, or Toledo.

I think Buffalo got almost as good as an opponent as they would have gotten if they hung on.  They would have probably just swapped places with N Ill and been in the Boca Raton Bowl vs UAB.  Either way, both opponents are comparable.  UAB won C USA, but whatever.  

The big loss was Ohio.  beat Ohio AND win the MAC and we could have seen an upgrade in Bowl and Opponent.

Realistically the big loss was Army. They would’ve won in front of the orange bowl committee. Gotten to 5-0 and 6-0 with their win the next week and possibly ranked .. then they coulda tried running the table

the only way for a bowl upgrade would’ve been to win out and run the tables. Beating Ohio and winning the MACC would’ve just gotten us to boca raton bowl more than likely 

they needed to beat army in front of orange bowl committee to get serious looks

Edited by Buffalo716

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's actually not a bad bowl considering UB lost the MACC, other than playing in a town that's practically a home game for Troy. It's a weekend game, it's not a week before Christmas, and the payout is decent. And while flights to Mobile from Buffalo are expensive you can fly to New Orleans or Atlanta, rent a car and drive there.

I wasnt trying to be sarcastic, DG is big bucks.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I wasnt trying to be sarcastic, DG is big bucks.

I didn't take it that way. I was agreeing.  I was worried UB would end up in Boise or in some Wednesday bowl game.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have been seriously wondering about what UB will do at the RB spot moving forward the next few years... they are absolutely loaded 5-6 deep on the roster 

even outisde side of Patterson , Marks, Reed... they will have senior Hawkins, Theo Anderson and Current Freshman Dylan Mcduffie...

i wonder if there will be a tranfer situation 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.