Troy-42 UB-32 - Dollar General Bowl 12/22

PromoTheRobot

On 12/3/2018 at 7:32 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

It's actually not a bad bowl considering UB lost the MACC, other than playing in a town that's practically a home game for Troy. It's a weekend game, it's not a week before Christmas, and the payout is decent. And while flights to Mobile from Buffalo are expensive you can fly to New Orleans or Atlanta, rent a car and drive there.

Also a airport in Panama City Fl. that might be closer than driving from Atl. 

Family Dollar and Dollar general are billion dollar businesses. Crazy as that may seem. Pulling for Troy in this one guys sorry.

On 12/5/2018 at 2:17 PM, Tisker A Tasker said:

I'll be there.  My brother and I are driving down from Atlanta!

We went down for the Senior bowl when Tim Tebow played in it and let me tell you the wind coming off the bay in the middle of winter is no joke. Rented a room off the bay to be all romantic. Literally froze my butt off the entire time I was there.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

....sorry but I'm sticking with the preeminent "716", well connected collegiate expert for several reasons who said that Jackson is a long way off.......this guy knows his stuff period.....forecasts WR Anthony Johnson as an available 3rd.....doubt him because of his QB Coach Culley support all you want......sure it is an opinion, but do not underestimate this guy's knowledge.....

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....sorry but I'm sticking with the preeminent "716", well connected collegiate expert for several reasons who said that Jackson is a long way off.......this guy knows his stuff period.....forecasts WR Anthony Johnson as an available 3rd.....doubt him because of his QB Coach Culley support all you want......sure it is an opinion, but do not underestimate this guy's knowledge.....

Appreciate it buddy.

and idk why people get all in an uproar over my Culley opinion lol

he is a much better coach than any of us and has the respect of McDermott and Allen. And I can see the growth in Allen

Tyree Jackson is rumored to be going to a P5 conference team as a graduate transfer to play his final season.  He most likely threw his last pass and lost his final fumble for the Bulls.

good luck to him.  I think the program will be fine. UB has other QBs in the pipeline that could be good.

8 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

That was the worst football awareness play I've ever seen. He had an easy gain if he ran. Plenty of time to throw it away. Terrible ball security. Just terrible all around

That’s saying a lot from a Bills fan

8 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

That was the worst football awareness play I've ever seen. He had an easy gain if he ran. Plenty of time to throw it away. Terrible ball security. Just terrible all around

That’s saying a lot from a Bills fan

Troy wasn’t a cool name when I was in school, those given it didn’t help matters.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, zow2 said:

Tyree Jackson is rumored to be going to a P5 conference team as a graduate transfer to play his final season.  He most likely threw his last pass and lost his final fumble for the Bulls.

good luck to him.  I think the program will be fine. UB has other QBs in the pipeline that could be good.

I'm trying to understand what happened to TJ this year. He's a totally different QB since the before the Army game. I saw him live vs Temple and E. Michigan and he looked impressive. Then Anthony Johnson went down and his game suffered. But even when AJ came back, Tyree looked lost and the offense got very conservative.  So is it TJ or coaching?

I happened to sit next to Tyree's dad at the MAC Championship in Detroit and we asked him what his son was thinking and he was pretty tight-lipped. But I got the sense he blamed the coaches for blowing that 19-point lead by getting too conservative.  So it wouldn't shock me if he'd want his kid to go to a "real" program for a year.  Jackson's NFL stock plummeted the second half of this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.