Troy-42 UB-32 - Dollar General Bowl 12/22

PromoTheRobot

8 hours ago, zow2 said:

Tyree Jackson is rumored to be going to a P5 conference team as a graduate transfer to play his final season.  He most likely threw his last pass and lost his final fumble for the Bulls.

good luck to him.  I think the program will be fine. UB has other QBs in the pipeline that could be good.

I dont think Jackson gets time at a P5 school. He has regressed big time. He cant hit a check down to save his life. Wonder if this had something to do with Brooks flipping?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, zow2 said:

Tyree Jackson is rumored to be going to a P5 conference team as a graduate transfer to play his final season.  He most likely threw his last pass and lost his final fumble for the Bulls.

good luck to him.  I think the program will be fine. UB has other QBs in the pipeline that could be good.

If Tryee goes to a higher level program as a graduate transfer he will be making a mistake because he will be watching next season's games from the bench. He's got a lot of tools but he is still very raw and erratic. At times he plays like a first round prospect and then with the next series of plays he plays like a confused freshman. If a qb hasn't developed a level of consistent play in college then that player is not viable for the pro ranks. 

Jackson needs to make a decision about next year that he believes is in his best interest. Whatever it is the reality is that he is far from being ready for the pro ranks. The bigger issue for the program is addressing the defense. Too many teams plow through them in the running game, and in the passing game receivers are open for big plays with the defenders not in the same zip code. 

If one stands back it is undeniable that this was a successful season. Under their HC this program has been elevated from the ash heaps of a dead program to a winning program that consistently wins and is very entertaining. I see this program under the current coach steadily moving up the ranks. 

2 hours ago, noacls said:

I dont think Jackson gets time at a P5 school. He has regressed big time. He cant hit a check down to save his life. Wonder if this had something to do with Brooks flipping?

No

people have no idea what he is doing so they are throwing everything at the wall.

he has 3 options. Go pro , return to UB and Graduate Transfer

he May transfer to a meddling P5 school 

But

Being a graduate transfer makes little sense. Most P5 schools do not take a graduate transfer QB. They may take a WR or DB but P5 schools want 4-5 years of QB play, not 1

And it makes no sense to go to Minnesota or Rutgers and get destroyed weekly. The top schools have QB pipelines

UB is good at QB though 

11 hours ago, zow2 said:

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm trying to understand what happened to TJ this year. He's a totally different QB since the before the Army game. I saw him live vs Temple and E. Michigan and he looked impressive. Then Anthony Johnson went down and his game suffered. But even when AJ came back, Tyree looked lost and the offense got very conservative.  So is it TJ or coaching?

I happened to sit next to Tyree's dad at the MAC Championship in Detroit and we asked him what his son was thinking and he was pretty tight-lipped. But I got the sense he blamed the coaches for blowing that 19-point lead by getting too conservative.  So it wouldn't shock me if he'd want his kid to go to a "real" program for a year.  Jackson's NFL stock plummeted the second half of this season.

A real P5 school has QB pipelines .

if he transfers he is going to Rutgers or school like it. Tyrees play plummeted his stock 

hes just not an NFL starter

Edited by Buffalo716

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm trying to understand what happened to TJ this year. He's a totally different QB since the before the Army game. I saw him live vs Temple and E. Michigan and he looked impressive. Then Anthony Johnson went down and his game suffered. But even when AJ came back, Tyree looked lost and the offense got very conservative.  So is it TJ or coaching?

I happened to sit next to Tyree's dad at the MAC Championship in Detroit and we asked him what his son was thinking and he was pretty tight-lipped. But I got the sense he blamed the coaches for blowing that 19-point lead by getting too conservative.  So it wouldn't shock me if he'd want his kid to go to a "real" program for a year.  Jackson's NFL stock plummeted the second half of this season.

Tyree and his family probably see the same thing as you. That his stock is plummeting and it’s time to move on to a larger program and get “better coaching” and talent around him.  I think it would be foolish of him to declare for the NFL. He’s not ready.  At the beginning of the season I was wondering if Tyree was already better than Josh Allen?!  Now it’s no way.  

How about Auburn as a landing spot? Some in the Twitterverse were suggesting that.

14 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Tyree and his family probably see the same thing as you. That his stock is plummeting and it’s time to move on to a larger program and get “better coaching” and talent around him.  I think it would be foolish of him to declare for the NFL. He’s not ready.  At the beginning of the season I was wondering if Tyree was already better than Josh Allen?!  Now it’s no way.  

How about Auburn as a landing spot? Some in the Twitterverse were suggesting that.

Auburn AD Allan Greene came from Buffalo. There is a relationship.

13 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Tyree had a hot start to the season. That’s all

His biggest strength was his dual threat abilities and he completely stopped running this year 

he threw 13 TDs last year. He wasn’t even a top 6 round prospect entering the season. Drew Anderson took the job last year after Tyree went down . Lance wasn’t going back to Tyree that year with how good Anderson played but Drew went down and Jackson got healthy 

He will not automatically get better coaching or become better because he went P5 school 

Tyree is in one of The most QB friendly offenses in America

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Better coaching.

Auburn.

??

The only thing Gustav has shown he can develop is a cold.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, JohnC said:

If Tryee goes to a higher level program as a graduate transfer he will be making a mistake because he will be watching next season's games from the bench. He's got a lot of tools but he is still very raw and erratic. At times he plays like a first round prospect and then with the next series of plays he plays like a confused freshman. If a qb hasn't developed a level of consistent play in college then that player is not viable for the pro ranks. 

Jackson needs to make a decision about next year that he believes is in his best interest. Whatever it is the reality is that he is far from being ready for the pro ranks. The bigger issue for the program is addressing the defense. Too many teams plow through them in the running game, and in the passing game receivers are open for big plays with the defenders not in the same zip code. 

If one stands back it is undeniable that this was a successful season. Under their HC this program has been elevated from the ash heaps of a dead program to a winning program that consistently wins and is very entertaining. I see this program under the current coach steadily moving up the ranks. 

He's not raw. He's not good. He is what he is. If he was just raw you'd hear about him as an nfl prospect.

12 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

If you care about his NFL chances he does not need to go to au. That's where qbs dreams go to die.

Yea Auburn totally burned Cam. 

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

And it makes no sense to go to Minnesota or Rutgers and get destroyed weekly. The top schools have QB pipelines

UB is good at QB though 

A real P5 school has QB pipelines .

if he transfers he is going to Rutgers or school like it. Tyrees play plummeted his stock 

hes just not an NFL starter

Exactly this. I've only watched 3 games and perhaps I caught the worst games. I feel bad criticizing a kid from a mid major, but this NFL talk is absolutely crazy to me.

I dont care about how great he looked against Colgate or whatever. He's nowhere near that level

Edited by Ol Dirty B

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

He's not raw. He's not good. He is what he is. If he was just raw you'd hear about him as an nfl prospect.

Exactly this. I've only watched 3 games and perhaps I caught the worst games. I feel bad criticizing a kid from a mid major, but this NFL talk is absolutely crazy to me.

I dont care about how great he looked against Colgate or whatever. He's nowhere near that level

Well I saw him against Temple and EMU, not Colgate, and he was spectacular. Something changed along the way. In fact it changed for Anthony Johnson too. They stopped throwing to him. Perhaps what changed was maybe AJ never fully healed and TJ didn't look so hot without his best WR at 100%?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

AJ said himself that his goal coming back to school for his senior season was to graduate college.  After his injury vs Rutgers he was in protect-mode.  You could tell he didn't want to hurt himself more and mess up his NFL draft status.  Can't really blame him.  Obviously that didn't help Tyree any.  But the Bulls had an awesome rushing attack, and that turned out to be their strong point in my opinion.  Tyree was so friggin inaccurate the last half of the season., and he too often tried to make the long low % pass and not take the easy one to move the chains.  Slow eyes, long slow delivery, poor ball security... he's kind of a middling NFL prospect.  But his arm strength is what will attract teams. 

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Newton was a senior JUCO transfer, and played only 1 season when Gustav was the OC for Auburn.

In terms of success, he is an outlier.

Gus had success with Nick Marshall, but Marshall now plays as a DB in the CFL.

The best place for Tyree to Develop is at Buffalo with Leipold and staff

He runs one of the most QB friendly offenses you will find in college and is returning a stable of great running backs, a solid line , the best TE in the MAC and some good WRs..

His familiarity with the players and staff is invaluable and he still never achieved his goal of a MAC championship 

On 12/24/2018 at 11:00 AM, Cynical said:

Newton was a senior JUCO transfer, and played only 1 season when Gustav was the OC for Auburn.

In terms of success, he is an outlier.

Gus had success with Nick Marshall, but Marshall now plays as a DB in the CFL.

Perhaps it was a bad point on my part. But as far as they are responsible for not developing Cam. They are equally not responsible for not developing Marshall. That kid was never going to be a QB in the NFL. Never had the skill set. And in the end that's what it comes down to. 

Auburn didnt hold Cam back. They won't hold Tyree back. The issue is more of with Tyree than Auburn.

That dude is Suey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.