Josh Allen's progress

mjt328

2 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

Why do 7 out of 10 posters here admit that Josh Allen has a accuracy problem but then turn around and say how great Josh Allen is?  I don't get it.

Accuracy isn't something that you teach.

:doh:

Wrong. Accuracy, at least from the pocket, is an absolutely trainable psycho motor skill. Do some research. Google it for crying out loud! This is one of the biggest myths about quarterbacks that accuracy, at least from the pocket, cannot be trained and improved.It most definitely can.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Allen’s success won’t START

until the running STOPS.

its fools good.

dont fall for it.

he gets the BOTD because he is a Rookie.

but his true success won’t START until the running STOPS.

I agree, he should sit in the pocket and take the beating, he might even survive. Or throw picks because nobody’s open. Maybe we can punt our way back the the line of scrimmage after all the sacks. 

He’s got a LONG way to go, but today was very encouraging. Sketchy start, but he came around and put the offense on his shoulders. I don’t want him running TOO much, but we lose by 3+ TD’s today without his legs. At least he knows when to slide or go OB. It works for Russell Wilson. 

It’s a work in progress. 

52 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Only issue I have is none of these runs are designed.

They are not part of Dabols Offense.  So on these runs...The Bills are not executing the offfense game plan.

either Allen can’t see the field or is refusing to throw or other areas are failing.

every time he runs...the play has failed.  He’s had over 200 rushing yards in 2 weeks.  That’s ALOT of broken/failed plays.

Thats not true empty back field qb draw is in his gameplan, the coach and oc has said so. Granted not all of them are qb draws, however if a lane is open and your wrs are locked up get yards and get down. It slows the pass rush and opens other players up.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He is good

The pass to Demarco for a thirty yard gain where Josh took some muster off of his fast ball and shown that he is capable of throwing with touch demonstrated to me that he is progressing as a passer as opposed to a thrower. He is going to be real good. What was also encouraging about this game is the play of Zay Jones. He certainly is playing up to his draft status. 

What this game also demonstrates is that the organization has to stress improving the OL and the receiver corp in the offseason. The player who needs to go is Benjamin. His indifferent play should not be tolerated. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Only issue I have is none of these runs are designed.

They are not part of Dabols Offense.  So on these runs...The Bills are not executing the offfense game plan.

either Allen can’t see the field or is refusing to throw or other areas are failing.

every time he runs...the play has failed.  He’s had over 200 rushing yards in 2 weeks.  That’s ALOT of broken/failed plays.

they drafted him high because of his athletic ability, compare him to someone like elway, that seemed to work out okay

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Looked depleted in his post game pc. This dude is a gamer. I have no doubt he's gonna be great if he can continue to develop every week 

The kid's got the heart of a lion. I loved it when the camera showed him over on the sidelines firing up the offense. With more reps, the kid's going to be fine.

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Just stop.

The kid is the closest thing we have seen to John Elway since Elway was young.

His true success will include his running ability.

I heard the announcer compare him to Steve Young!  I like that comparison and hope that his passing continues to develop which we have definitely seen as of late!  Dude is flat out balling and running away from defenders!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Just stop.

The kid is the closest thing we have seen to John Elway since Elway was young.

His true success will include his running ability.

Don't sweat the trolling...and all the whining. He stiff arms one defender, spins away from another, jukes a third before getting a 40 yard pass off across his body and you get the guys asking "what's with the wobbly ball?". Seriously?

Even Lofton was talking about how Josh Allen was taking less damage scrambling (for over 100 yards) than when he stayed in the pocket and was getting hit late over and over. After one late hit where the defender (a DT over 300lbs) fork lifted Josh and landed with his full weight driving him to the turf, Josh looked up at the ref like what gives? The camera caught the Miami player laughing as he walked away - no call of course.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Today was the first game all season where I believed the Bill's best chance to win the game was to put the ball in Allen's hands.  Forget the final score, today was a great day to be a Buffalo Bills fan.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Success said:

Allen was amazing.  Can’t believe all of the “but this and that pass weren’t perfect” stuff.

He wasn't amazing.  He missed about 8-10 passes which an amazing QB would.only miss 2-3 of those.  

His passes that weren't perfect cost us the game.  Like the miss to wide open Zay Jones in the end zone.  And the wobbly ball to Clay.  Then there was the long bomb overthrow to Foster.  That's three missed TD passes.  17 points.  His 2nd int was a bad ball too, KB was open.  There were others too. I don't expect him to make every throw but he needs.more of those throws in the future

Remove Allen's running highlight plays--of which there have been many--and you don't have a lot leftover.  

Here's the thing: the running will eventually be stopped by opposing defenses and it doesn't win many games in the NFL to begin with.   

3 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Allen’s success won’t START

until the running STOPS.

its fools good.

dont fall for it.

he gets the BOTD because he is a Rookie.

but his true success won’t START until the running STOPS.

Completely disagree, his running is a weapon. He should use it, especially his first three years in the league. His passing will continue to develop and surpass his running in time.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Remove Allen's running highlight plays--of which there have been many--and you don't have a lot leftover.  

Here's the thing: the running will eventually be stopped by opposing defenses and it doesn't win many games in the NFL to begin with.   

Yeah, take away what was wildly successful and it wasn’t that good. Allen played a great game. 

It it was interesting though. My brother was a college QB and we almost always see things the same way. I came away today with a ton of optimism.  He did not.  Allen has a lot of development ahead of him but we should feel great about the progress. 

• Like (+1) 2