Josh Allen's progress

mjt328

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Didn’t trade up for a Running Quarterback.

Stand in the pocket and deliver.  And in these next four games try some throws.

Rather punt while experimenting than immediately running for a first down.

Your posts are moronic.

You’d rather punt than have him run for a first down (better for the team) which would give him more chances to make throws.

LOL.

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I need Josh Allen to evolve into something better as soon as possible you bet.

we traded up for a QB with many question marks and I want him to work on his throwing. These next four games instead of running.

didnt draft him for running.

and you took Tyrod running for a billion 1st downs instead of throwing...where’d that get anyone?

If you are comparing Taylor to Allen you truly are a fool.

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Why do 7 out of 10 posters here admit that Josh Allen has a accuracy problem but then turn around and say how great Josh Allen is?  I don't get it.

Accuracy isn't something that you teach.

:doh:

Look up Peyton Manning and Drew Brees first two seasons stats and then look at their later years.  Each improved about 15% over their ist two season pass completion percentage....can't see why Allen can not do it if most others do so.

6 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Your posts are moronic.

You’d rather punt than have him run for a first down (better for the team) which would give him more chances to make throws.

LOL.

If you are comparing Taylor to Allen you truly are a fool.

Do Taylor and Allen both sacrifice throwing in favor of running?

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

There is no problem being a running QB.....that is until defenses adjust and then it becomes a problem if Allen can't adjust to playing in the pocket

That’s all I’m saying.

allen needs to move beyond the running.  It’s only slowing him down and making evaluating him take longer.

if he’s not going to stand and Deleiver then it will never get to the level it could go.

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Allen’s success won’t START

until the running STOPS.

its fools good.

dont fall for it.

he gets the BOTD because he is a Rookie.

but his true success won’t START until the running STOPS.

What the hell?!????

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

It’s just slowing down the process and taking away the time he needs to analyze a defense, stand in the pocket and deliver the surgeon like throws that you need to win in this league at a Prime Time level.

he can keep on running.  He’s good at it.  But it’s just a bandage on the wound, it is slowing him down.

but if he wants to go platinum in this league and sit at the top dog table...he will use these four games to stand in the pocket and try some things.  Try to use his brain.  Chess match it up Mr. Allen.

I’d rather him try some throws on 3rd and middle yardage and punt

then have him scramble for the first down.

thats crazy  Let him use his gifts.  That same running ability helped him not take several sacks as well as opened up guys downfield.  The kid is big/strong/fast and elusive  Let him use it  Hopefully he needs to use it less as the line plays better and we acquire guys that can get open right away

• Like (+1) 1

Kiko was the spy on Allen today and Allen just burned them on the ground. Allen played great for a rookie in his position with the talent he has around him. The good new is that Allen is still improving. He has a real high ceiling. Lets just enjoy the ride with him. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm still on the fence if Allen is the future of the franchise, but I absolutely believe he CAN be. It's going to take the front office to make it happen. He has the physical ability, but as we saw today Allen's best weapon is a wr3 on most teams. And confidence is a huge factor for a young QB. Does Allen have any confidence in any of his receivers will come up and make a play for him? Does he have confidence his o line will give him time to set his feet and scan the feild? Right now he has a defense that plays tough and keeps the score close, other than that the front office needs to surround him with weapons.

4 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

thats crazy  Let him use his gifts.  That same running ability helped him not take several sacks as well as opened up guys downfield.  The kid is big/strong/fast and elusive  Let him use it  Hopefully he needs to use it less as the line plays better and we acquire guys that can get open right away

Only issue I have is none of these runs are designed.

They are not part of Dabols Offense.  So on these runs...The Bills are not executing the offfense game plan.

either Allen can’t see the field or is refusing to throw or other areas are failing.

every time he runs...the play has failed.  He’s had over 200 rushing yards in 2 weeks.  That’s ALOT of broken/failed plays.

1 hour ago, RichardLee said:

What is the wobbly ball about?!?!  Many of his passes were wobbly today...

Yes, true.  I’m not an Allen hater, but too many balls came out as ducks.

i choose to believe that this is because the OL isn’t giving him adequate blocking and that the Receivers are not helping and that he is throwing on poor down and distances, but there are an alarming number of wounded ducks coming out of his hand.

8 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Yes, true.  I’m not an Allen hater, but too many balls came out as ducks.

i choose to believe that this is because the OL isn’t giving him adequate blocking and that the Receivers are not helping and that he is throwing on poor down and distances, but there are an alarming number of wounded ducks coming out of his hand.

It seems to me that he doesn't set his feet a lot of the time. Sometimes he's under pressure, other times he is feeling the pressure when, by NFL standards, it isn't there. The throw to Clay was a great example. He made a great play to get away from the two Dolphin pass rushers and bought the time to set his feet and make a good throw. Instead he flicked it downfield on the run and missed by 10 yards.

Edited by vincec

Just now, vincec said:

It seems to me that he doesn't set his feet a lot of the time. Sometimes he's under pressure, other times he is feeling the pressure when, by NFL standards, it isn't there. The throw to Clay was a great example. He got away from the two Dolphin pass rushers and bough the time to set his feet and make a good throw. Instead he flicked it downfield on the run and missed by 10 yards.

Agreed, I see it the same way.

Just now, vincec said:

It seems to me that he doesn't set his feet a lot of the time. Sometimes he's under pressure, other times he is feeling the pressure when, by NFL standards, it isn't there. The throw to Clay was a great example. He got away from the two Dolphin pass rushers and bough the time to set his feet and make a good throw. Instead he flicked it downfield on the run and missed by 10 yards.

Watch Drew Brees on a play like that, see how he sets up and throws.  Biggest knock on Allen in the draft was his footwork, here we go...

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Looked depleted in his post game pc. This dude is a gamer. I have no doubt he's gonna be great if he can continue to develop every week 

Honestly looking at his face it looked like he maybe have been crying in locker room, or fighting the tears hardcore. He looked dejected and flush. Not dejected like I’m clueless or I give up way. More of dejected because he left it all on the field but sill felt and wanted to do more. I respect this.

I am in love with his fire, competitiveness and his desire. I will fully admit I was a “wrong josh crowd.” I didn’t want ANOTHER project. I wanted the NFL ready qb. Out of the rookie QB’s I wanted Allen the least (besides Jackson). However now Allen is my favorite of all of them. Even Mayfield who I liked the most, I still like but I feel he is kind of “at his ceiling” already.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Watch Drew Brees on a play like that, see how he sets up and throws.  Biggest knock on Allen in the draft was his footwork, here we go...

Needs to work on it. Drew Brees wasn't Drew Brees either his first season...