Josh Allen's progress

mjt328

17 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Allen’s success won’t START

until the running STOPS.

its fools good.

dont fall for it.

he gets the BOTD because he is a Rookie.

but his true success won’t START until the running STOPS.

This is soooo completely wrong.

Understand the attempt at a point but... no

Running is going to remain part of Joshs game for most of his career. And thats ok.

He is bigger, stronger and more athletic that most of the players he is facing.

Should be a running threat well into his 30's

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Why do 7 out of 10 posters here admit that Josh Allen has a accuracy problem but then turn around and say how great Josh Allen is?  I don't get it.

Accuracy isn't something that you teach.

:doh:

Im not sure on this...yeah there are a few throws a game that he would probably want back but a lot of his incompletions are on throwaways, whether he has been instructed to get outside the pocket and if its not there and he can't run to throw it away, or because nobody is open.  

Outside of those few throws and the throwaways, most of his balls the last 2 weeks are on the money.

6 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

The garbage being Clays drop ? 

The treat being Allen carrying the offense all day ?    

Are you saying Allen didn’t have a single bad play in today’s game? Of course not because that would be silly and I don’t take you for the being silly type.

5 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Why do 7 out of 10 posters here admit that Josh Allen has a accuracy problem but then turn around and say how great Josh Allen is?  I don't get it.

Accuracy isn't something that you teach.

:doh:

You can teach footwork and body mechanics, which greatly improve accuracy.

Sure, it's not easy to teach a guy in his early-20s to change these things after coming into the NFL.  But it's not completely unheard of.

I was not a fan of Allen in college, and would have preferred drafting Josh Rosen. 

But then again, I'm the type that prefers the safer pick, rather than the boom/bust.  I'm also not an NFL scout.

It's starting to become pretty apparent what Beane/McDermott saw in Allen.  And you can start to see what his physical talent can do to a defense.  Not every QB is about standing in the pocket and dissecting coverage.  Ben Roethlisberger has two Super Bowl rings and will be a Hall of Famer due to his ability to escape pressure and keep plays alive.  Allen absolutely needs to improve as a passer, but he doesn't need to become Drew Brees or Tom Brady in the accuracy department.  That will never be his game.

With that said... the gradual improvements in Allen's passing are very apparent to anyone who as paying attention.

27 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

until the running STOPS.

its fools good.

dont fall for it.

First down is a first down and a rushing TD is worth as many points as a passing TD.

Like most, I'm encouraged by what I'm seeing out of Allen on the field.  I was a little frustrated by first half play calling today.  I thought there were too many running plays called on early downs.  Miami knew what was coming and had stacked the box to stop it, and they still ran it - too often into a brick wall.

6 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

First down is a first down and a rushing TD is worth as many points as a passing TD.

It’s just slowing down the process and taking away the time he needs to analyze a defense, stand in the pocket and deliver the surgeon like throws that you need to win in this league at a Prime Time level.

he can keep on running.  He’s good at it.  But it’s just a bandage on the wound, it is slowing him down.

but if he wants to go platinum in this league and sit at the top dog table...he will use these four games to stand in the pocket and try some things.  Try to use his brain.  Chess match it up Mr. Allen.

I’d rather him try some throws on 3rd and middle yardage and punt

then have him scramble for the first down.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

It’s just slowing down the process and taking away the time he needs to analyze a defense, stand in the pocket and deliver the surgeon like throws that you need to win in this league at a Prime Time level.

he can keep on running.  He’s good at it.  But it’s just a bandage on the wound, it is slowing him down.

but if he wants to go platinum in this league and sit at the top dog table...he will use these four games to stand in the pocket and try some things.  Try to use his brain.  Chess match it up Mr. Allen.

And I agree with you but at the moment that pocket seems to get pretty full pretty quickly. It's not all Allen's fault and it's not all the OL fault. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Are you saying Allen didn’t have a single bad play in today’s game? Of course not because that would be silly and I don’t take you for the being silly type.

He carried the offense making play after play. 

Zay dropped some easy ones.    I don’t see much to criticize do you ? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I’d rather him try some throws on 3rd and middle yardage and punt

then have him scramble for the first down.

So, in other words.....you want Josh Allen to stop being Josh Allen and stop being the QB that made the Bills draft him.

Makes sense.

And, silly me, I’ll take a first down over a punt every day of the week.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He carried the offense making play after play. 

Zay dropped some easy ones.    I don’t see much to criticize do you ? 

He had a bad first half. He got baited on his INT and made a poor throw. I’ve already said he played better in the 2nd half. A mixed bag, like I said.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

until the running STOPS.

its fools good.

dont fall for it.

Back to back 100 yard rushing days = stop

that ????‍♂️??‍♂️??

52 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Someone should really keep track of all the "fans" that continue to doubt that Josh Allen is going to be a stud.

Too many extremes on the boards today...why can’t people take a “wait and see” approach about labeling him the 2nd coming, while still criticizing his flaws and praising his strengths? Who ever said it had to be all or nothing with some people?

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

So, in other words.....you want Josh Allen to stop being Josh Allen and stop being the QB that made the Bills draft him.

Makes sense.

And, silly me, I’ll take a first down over a punt every day of the week.

I need Josh Allen to evolve into something better as soon as possible you bet.

we traded up for a QB with many question marks and I want him to work on his throwing. These next four games instead of running.

didnt draft him for running.

and you took Tyrod running for a billion 1st downs instead of throwing...where’d that get anyone?