Atta Boy Josh - What a stud

Bakin

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, PolishPrince said:

His lack of accuracy is so overblown. There were like 2-3 bad passes... He threaded the needle on a ton of others as well. Both TD passes to Jones were fantastic difficult big time throws. 

his inaccuracies are not overblown at all. His low completion percentage is a testament to that. 

His pocket awareness is improving and his ability to scramble is becoming an asset however it could lead to his undoing just the same.. 

Right now Josh still struggles in the passing game quite a bit with his ability to make a quick read and then get the ball out quickly. If he can throw into tight windows consistently then this part of his game will start to shine.  He still holds the ball for a long time, and this leads to half of our holding calls on the OL. Cut down the time Josh holds the ball and we won't be as penalized on the OL. 

I thought he showed some progression against Miami... But Josh is still a pretty big project.... and very much still a We shall see situation

To put this loop on repeat,  this year is all about his development and seeing consistent signs of improvement along the way. You have to have an agenda to objectively not see that especially since his return from the elbow injury, the signs for such consistent improvement are there. Whether that is going through reads, pocket awareness, leadership, touch passes, all of the above, I'm greatly encouraged, regardless of the scoreboard result. Sure he won't be perfect or without some head-scratchers along the way, but the wins will follow naturally. The bottom line is, this kid is a gamer with a hunger to succeed, and is dragging the rest of the O along for the ride right now. How can you be mad at the fact he gave this team a chance to pull out the W all the way to the final play? Go Bills!!!!!  

4 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

For beginners I don't think he has accuracy problems. That is a myth that the media and casual observers chant. Do you actually watch other qbs who only have three years or less playing time? They are inconsistent at best. There are a few like Mahomes who were put in the right system with the right players who are strutting their stuff. As far as receivers getting better seperation, I suppose that is a little bit better from time to time, but even McDermott said yesterday that Allen is still having to put up with his receivers not getting seperation. For one, the receivers we are bringing in are players who have been cut from other teams or couldn't even beat out our own crappy receivers at the start of the year. Saying that, so what makes you think these receivers are anywhere near what other teams use to make their qbs preform better ? What does that say about their route running? Their understanding of our offense and the timing they have built up with Allen?

Sometimes it takes years for QB's to get on the same page as their receivers.  Even Brady struggled with new receivers earlier this year and the media flocked to his defense. And he is a guy who has been in the same system forever, is considered to be the greatest ever, throws quick passes that don't take long to develop, and has a better line and talent all around him. He also has an OC that knows him, that keeps him one step ahead of defenses most all times , and they have worked together forever. But anytime the Patriots miss one lineman or one leaves for free agency,  the media makes like it is the end of the dynasty. Do you think Josh Allen gets that kind of support from the media? That they justify a few bad passes and don't scream accuracy problems every time he throws a ball that doesn't hit a receiver in the chest? Why you and others are fixated on saying he has accuracy problems is lost on me.

When you watch the other two thirds of football games with teams who don't have qbs named Brady, Brees, Rivers, etc, you see guys who would be considered to have accuracy problems if you watched tape along side with Josh Allen. There is no difference between them and Allen as far as ball placement. The main difference if it really matters that much is Allen will have two or three that are not even close. And that right there is when people like you jump on it. But if another qb does it. It is overlooked as being a rookie , or a miscommunication. I could go on all day and address every one of your "opinions ". But this thread would be way longer than it already is. And when you accuse me of being incredibly vague,  I really have to laugh. One thing I am not is incredibly vague.

A few last things, I am not and don't have to be on a fishing expedition to catch anyone who is flipping on their opinion about Allen. They stand out on their own easily enough. It wouldn't be hard to go back to some of the posts they ranted on about Allen and how horrible he was. They didn't bother to give themselves an out like you do. So in effect, I don't have to catch anyone as I remember it quite clearly. Some of us have stayed the course and understood he is a rookie on a bad team. After one game everyone was saying the Bills might win 1 game all year. That is how bad the talent on the Bills is. I think if our veterans and veterans of other teams brag on Allen , it validates it enough in my mind that I don't feel the need to read "opinions" from wannabe GM's. This is basically a fan site that serves as a sounding board for a lot of guys who might have played jr. high football. Most are not even to the Al Bundy level of high school football.  I can at least say I played at a level above high school. And I have no real problem with guys hashing out football, that is what this site is for. Freedom of the press baby. But I will defend my opinion, just like what you do. After all, that is the fun part. My wife is the boss, so I don't get to talk sports as much as I like. Thus, the use of this board.  Sorry this got so long. Vague my butt. Lol.?

I'm getting the sense for what kind of poster you are, and it's one that pretty much argues within your own head. There hasn't been anywhere where I've contested this team's lack of talent on the offensive end from the O-line to the skill players, in fact I've had way more arguments about how much work there is to do on that end and my concerns for how little this regime has been able to accrue there around Allen after 2 offseasons. It's also why I'm not and have not at all at any time this year been fixated on what Allen's stats look like, because he doesn't have a real offense around him and this is really just about his development right now.

I do think there's a possible issue with accuracy but even there I've given him a break because of what he's working with. And who cares what the bottom two thirds of the QB's in the league are doing? Isn't the measuring stick for Allen ultimately going to be that top third? And before you argue against yourself, no I'm not saying Allen should be there already. The entire time I've talked about wanting to see more and how right now I'm just looking for progression. That's the whole point, it's you who's creating this scenario where I"m ripping on Allen for how "horrible" he is. And yes, saying his ball placement is on par with the bottom 2/3 of the league is vague, and doesn't really mean anything. 

And again, you are fixated on this whole thing about flipping on players for a message board agenda. i don't have one. I don't need an "out". I'm watching Allen as I go without any preconceived notions because as I said, I didn't watch him for a second at Wyoming. And for someone who self-proclaims he doesn't need to read opinions from wannabe GM's...you certainly seem to care a lot about what's said. I played football in college myself, but I don't see how that's relevant. That was a way for you to try to pump yourself up as if it means your opinion here matters more. It doesn't. And it doesn't make you a better fan, thinking that way about yourself and by proxy the other people here just makes you the worst kind. I doubt your wife doesn't let you talk sports because she doesn't like them...it's probably because of the pompous way it comes out of your mouth. 

Josh Allen will be a good NFL quarterback.  I live in Wyoming and attended most of his home games.  I'm certainly not an expert at football, (or posting on these boards:)  We won't know how good for three years or so, at least that's what the "experts" say.  The accuracy issue is something that will dog Allen his whole professional career.  It doesn't seem to be an issue when the media experts talk about the other new qbs.   Allen's completion percentage is at 53%.  Josh Rosen is at 54%.  Lamar Jackson is at 59%, and Baker Mayfield is currently at 63%.  All are better then JA, but no one's burning up the charts.  Give him time.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I'm getting the sense for what kind of poster you are, and it's one that pretty much argues within your own head. There hasn't been anywhere where I've contested this team's lack of talent on the offensive end from the O-line to the skill players, in fact I've had way more arguments about how much work there is to do on that end and my concerns for how little this regime has been able to accrue there around Allen after 2 offseasons. It's also why I'm not and have not at all at any time this year been fixated on what Allen's stats look like, because he doesn't have a real offense around him and this is really just about his development right now.

I do think there's a possible issue with accuracy but even there I've given him a break because of what he's working with. And who cares what the bottom two thirds of the QB's in the league are doing? Isn't the measuring stick for Allen ultimately going to be that top third? And before you argue against yourself, no I'm not saying Allen should be there already. The entire time I've talked about wanting to see more and how right now I'm just looking for progression. That's the whole point, it's you who's creating this scenario where I"m ripping on Allen for how "horrible" he is. And yes, saying his ball placement is on par with the bottom 2/3 of the league is vague, and doesn't really mean anything. 

And again, you are fixated on this whole thing about flipping on players for a message board agenda. i don't have one. I don't need an "out". I'm watching Allen as I go without any preconceived notions because as I said, I didn't watch him for a second at Wyoming. And for someone who self-proclaims he doesn't need to read opinions from wannabe GM's...you certainly seem to care a lot about what's said. I played football in college myself, but I don't see how that's relevant. That was a way for you to try to pump yourself up as if it means your opinion here matters more. It doesn't. And it doesn't make you a better fan, thinking that way about yourself and by proxy the other people here just makes you the worst kind. I doubt your wife doesn't let you talk sports because she doesn't like them...it's probably because of the pompous way it comes out of your mouth. 

I like to get the ire of a loser who continually tries to bull#### his way around an argument. And that sums up your rhetoric. I highly doubt you played college ball, but good try. You come off as a squirly nerd who hasn't played the game, that tries to weasle around posts. Pompous little feller aren't you?