So our bust qb was responsible for nearly 400 yards of offense

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The potential with Josh is incredibly intriguing. 

The guy can do it all. He reminds me a lot of Rodgers.... except he is extremely inaccurate at times. He missed many open receivers and had some pretty awful throws in the first half. He came out a different QB in the 2nd half. 

Reminds me of Brett Favre with a little Kaep sprinkled in. Makes for a fun, sometimes frustrating Quarterback. I'll take it!

Allen looks great but he IS making mistakes.  He is a rookie and by all means he looks like he should be a very good QB for many years to come but not admitting he has to finish putting it all together is not being realistic.  There were a few throws he'd love to have back and plenty he made that were great.  End of the day if you want to blame the QB you could say he missed Foster and missed Clay.  If you want to be realistic you would say he made enough plays to win and that Clay should have caught it.  Either way Allen looked very good and we still didn't win.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Bills fans: Yards don’t matter, wins do

Also Bills fans: Yeah we lost but look at the amount of yards he had!

Speaking only for myself as a Bills fan I think Allen played great as a rookie in his, what 7th start (maybe 6th) start.  I dont think in any way anyone can say Allen is a bust...and his yardage today was the ONLY reason the Bills were in the game until the end.  It was "relevant" yardage.

• Like (+1) 2

IDK how some people are still screaming BUST. If you're not excited about Josh for the coming years, I wonder if you know football or just want to keep ranting. And if, hopfeully not, he is an average QB, he would be one of the most entertaining ones out there.

He was off target on key throws today. His second INT he'd like back. But damn, he can make plays. He's got balls, attitude, leadership, and he's learning fast. In fact, all the young players seem to be coming strong. I don't believe in "momentum" building from this year to the next but these rookies coming along so great, that bodes VERY well for the future, including being enticing for some free agents. 

In a season truly in the hunt, yeah I would have foaming at the mouth at little on the miscues. Today? Great showings by many young guys, better play calling by Daboll,  Josh is a budding star (you'd rather have him or Tannehill???), the foundations are solid and Beane can build on that for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Speaking only for myself as a Bills fan I think Allen played great as a rookie in his, what 7th start (maybe 6th) start.  I dont think in any way anyone can say Allen is a bust...and his yardage today was the ONLY reason the Bills were in the game until the end.  It was "relevant" yardage.

He had a poor first half but played better in the 2nd. He made some bad throws but also had some nice throws and really nice plays with his feet. I’d still rather see him make more throws from the pocket than take off running.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

Can't we just agree that he shows a ton of heart and flashes of potential but still has a lot to work on? He's not a savior yet, and he's not a bust yet. You don't have to choose one of those and then act like a child trying to support it. You can praise good plays and criticize bad ones. That's called objective reasoning.

23 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Are we just ignoring the INTs and the missed TD to Zay?

Not saying he wasn't good, but let's not act like he was perfect

We should be ignoring you 

• Like (+1) 2

You have to realize that some people just don't understand football.  Josh Allen is the perfect QB for the Bills and will win championships for them.  

These are the kinds of "fans" that don't see it.....yet.....

5 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

I'm much more concerned about the coaching, play calling, and lack of discipline than I am about Allen.  Under Ryan, this team was a raging penalty machine.  I'm not sure it's improved.  Rex didn't seem to care, the Clapper continually says he does.  It's getting old.

So quick count, if I got it right, we've had six games with double digit penalties.  That is nuts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

He threw a perfect strike to Clay to win the game.  Anyone who blames him for the loss is a moron.

Amen.  Kept the play alive after running for probably 120+ in 86 degree heat and getting smacked around when he hung in the pocket.  The kid made a ridiculous play.  Just incredible.  And had the arm to get the ball home.  I can’t believe anyone would blame him.  

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Are we just ignoring the INTs and the missed TD to Zay?

Not saying he wasn't good, but let's not act like he was perfect

How many rookies are perfect? Josh played a hell of a game.

He played well enough to win. He led a game-winning drive and threw an "imperfect" but catchable pass that should have been a TD if Clay would have made the catch.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Amen.  Kept the play alive after running for probably 120+ in 86 degree heat and getting smacked around when he hung in the pocket.  The kid made a ridiculous play.  Just incredible.  And had the arm to get the ball home.  I can’t believe anyone would blame him.  

People have had the same agenda since April.

And they're all of them, to a man, wrong.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, BILLS55 said:

I do blame this lose on Josh. 

No, I can’t blame the loss on him. Was he perfect? No. Is he responsible for the loss? Heck no. Not with...

- an offensive line that couldn’t pull their collective heads from their backsides

- Charles”My incredibly athletic self can’t take two steps forward to catch the game winning TD” Clay 

- and the one which should overshadow Allen every week in Kelvin Benjamin, the biggest freeloading, waste-of-oxygen receiver in the history of the NFL and yet keeps getting trotted out every week as a “number 1”.

Josh Allen, Zay Jones and a couple of decent runs by Shady were the only offense we had today.

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It was amazing that Allen kept that play alive.  It definitely appeared to make it to Clay and it looked like he had a chance to catch it.  It was not a perfect strike.  Given the amount of running around Josh had to do and the distance I can't blame him.  Josh made a great play and Clay didn't but it wasn't a perfect throw.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

By no means was the loss on Allen.  He was the reason we had a shot today.  He played great.  But that last pass was far from perfect.  He did the best he could. 

My grandma can make that catch 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, VW82 said:

He left so many yards on the field, not to mention the four points we lost by on that second half miss to Zay running wide open in the end zone. Josh made some incredible plays today, and so I get the excitement, but his accuracy was awful and we only scored 17 and lost on a day where we easily could have had 25-30 and won.  

The miss to Zay Jones was miscommunication.  Not poor accuracy.

After the play, he motioned to Jones that he expected him to stop, instead of continuing in his route.  That is why the pass was behind him. 

Things like this can be expected with a rookie with 7 starts under his belt, throwing to a second year receiver.

Not sure where else he had "awful" accuracy today.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He had a poor first half but played better in the 2nd. He made some bad throws but also had some nice throws and really nice plays with his feet. I’d still rather see him make more throws from the pocket than take off running.

I think he got better as the game went on (and really as the season has gone in). Those things will hopefully come in time.