So our bust qb was responsible for nearly 400 yards of offense

Josh missed a couple throws that should have been TDs. One to Jones in the EZ. Threw behind him. Their was another to a wide open Receiver ( can't remember who) on the sideline that had nothing but daylight and he overthrew him.  I do blame this lose on Josh. I also see him improving so I have hope. 

m

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Are we just ignoring the INTs and the missed TD to Zay?

Not saying he wasn't good, but let's not act like he was perfect

You ignore it because he's a rookie. It's year one and he's seeing the field. I'll say it's a better season than I thought because he's a bigger runner than I thought he'd be.

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Almost all quarterbacks are up and down. 

He had one pick, bad throw. And a few more terrible throws like the Zay td miss. 

But he marched them right down the field to win the game, and made an amazing play and throw that gave them a shot. 

He’s completely hit or miss I find the easy throws and reads he misses very concerning. 

Just saying overall the kid can’t win with this crowd. Last week not enough stats, this week no win. I found his game to be incredibly encouraging today. Lots of young players tuck tail playing badly in the first half 

It's hard to tell.  Looks like a guy  to me who has 6 starts and not enough offseason reps to have good enough chemistry with his skill players.  Wide open Allen thought he was going to sit down Zay kept running. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BILLS55 said:

Josh missed a couple throws that should have been TDs. One to Jones in the EZ. Threw behind him. Their was another to a wide open Receiver ( can't remember who) on the sideline that had nothing but daylight and he overthrew him.  I do blame this lose on Josh. I also see him improving so I have hope. 

m

It was Foster

11 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Agreed, but he did enough to win. Clay should have caught that ball and Haushka did him no favors today.

All he can do is give his teammates the ability to make a play on the ball when he rockets it loose—he did that, and we should be talking about an awesome win at the end. To say nothing of what he did with his legs again too. He’s definitely a baller, and I’m feeling more confident by the week that the Bills didn’t miss on this kid. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

It's hard to tell.  Looks like a guy  to me who has 6 starts and not enough offseason reps to have good enough chemistry with his skill players.  Wide open Allen thought he was going to sit down Zay kept running. 

Skill players? ?

• Haha (+1) 1

If anyone watched the game and seriously came away with the feeling that Allen isn't the best QB we've had in a long time - you must not be watching the same game. He was standing in the pocket often today for far longer than I can remember any time this year - ran when he needed to. He is clearly going through his reads, you can literally see it on replays just by watching his eyes. Yes he has missed some throws and needs slightly better touch.....a rookie... looking like a rookie at times, during his rookie year..... imagine that.

Give the kid a slightly more consistent Oline (that can run block), go get a BIG WR that can catch or a True #1 - Get us a TE who's knees don't give out when fans hold their breath. Lets see what he can do. Considering his stats and surrounding cast - he has looked the best out of all the rookie QBs(I will admit Baker is looking good but the browns have a better team around him offensively).

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

He left so many yards and plays on the field, not to mention the four points we lost by on that second half miss to Zay running wide open in the end zone. Josh made some incredible plays today, and so I get the excitement, but his accuracy was truly awful. We only scored 17 and lost on a day where we easily could have had 25-30 and won.  

Edited by VW82
  • Sad 1

I’m excited about the future.  D looks good, this off season draft and free agency can rebuild the offense.  Unfortunately looks like age is catching up to Shady though.  I look forward to watching JA the balance of the year.  I agree, limit KB, he needs a fresh start.

16 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Are we just ignoring the INTs and the missed TD to Zay?

Not saying he wasn't good, but let's not act like he was perfect

the second INT was on Allen... the first one was a 0 second halftime hail mary lol... yeah idiot Allen

12 minutes ago, BILLS55 said:

m

You blame the 4 point loss on Josh, when our kicker missed 4 points in game, our special teams gifted a fumble back to Miami deep in our zone, and josh hits clay in the end zone at the end of the game and he drops it? Got it. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

He threw a perfect strike to Clay to win the game.  Anyone who blames him for the loss is a moron.

By no means was the loss on Allen.  He was the reason we had a shot today.  He played great.  But that last pass was far from perfect.  He did the best he could. 

13 minutes ago, BILLS55 said:

m

He also missed Foster on a bomb. Foster had 5 yards on the DB.

Allen left some points out there but I think what we saw today is what we are going to get moving forward....only better.