So our bust qb was responsible for nearly 400 yards of offense

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Josh Allen should have 4 TD passes today......are you saying that dropped passes that hit a QB right in the hands is not something we should expect to improve with better talent at wideout?

He was supposed to be the most raw rookie of this draft class.....by a lot actually......so bills fans are not supposed to expect him to improve as he matures as a passer?

His offensive line is crap.....we literally cannot run the ball.......we put Josh Allen is ridiculous situations with 3rd and longs do to not being able to run the ball and penalties....are we not supposed to think he cant improve if he has more plays to his disposal.

We hardly ever throw screens....which is a pass to drive up percentage for QBs....you dont think that doesnt come into play?

Come on man

I absolutely do!  I agree....very very very RAW....he's supposed to take time.  You guys are all arguing at me like I am telling you it can't happen.  I HOPE IT DOES!  .....I am pointing out that a good many of you folks here speak about Allens accuracy issue like it will just get better as time passes...as he has more reps...if his supporting cast is better...ETC ETC.....when I bring up Tebow...I do so to demonstrate that everything they ever tried to fix his accuracy never worked...he got reps, he got coaching, he had a good supporting cast and a good defense....I am rooting for Allen to do it....I think the task at hand is DIFFICULT.  Improving accuracy is hard...and big improvements from college to pros are not typical.  My gripe, my point is that MANY posters kind of just write it off like it's bound to be better as he gets more reps, time passes, etc....it is not inevitable...it will be Allen overcoming the the odds, and beating back conventional wisdom IF he gets better......A lot of rookie QB's come in and struggle...but a good many of them had demonstrated accuracy in College....Baker Mayfiled had a horrible day today...he was a 71% thrower in college...it is reasonable to expect he;ll be accurate in the pros....he has demonstrated accuracy over a long period of time...it is reasonable to expect he will develop into an accurate NFL QB (that doesn't mean he will, but he's shown accuracy and shown that he has progressed in being more accurate as time passed)  

7 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

IF Tebow were accurate he would be a star.....that's the thing that bothers me...No one could make Tebow more accurate...he didn't have it in him...and he had Baby Hoodie coaching him.  Improving accuracy is not a given...it's much more likely that it doesn't improve.....If you could take a guy whose problem is accuracy and fix it....then guys like Lamar Jackson and Mike Vick would have been all time greats.

Tebow’s release was a major problem, also.  He had a big wind-up.

Allen’s accuracy improved over the course of the game today.  I think it’s probable that it increases over his career- particularly if he doesn’t have to run for his life every play and gets a few more legit receivers to throw to.

It’s not like QBs have never improved their accuracy.  

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Tebow’s release was a major problem, also.  He had a big wind-up.

Allen’s accuracy improved over the course of the game today.  I think it’s probable that it increases over his career- particularly if he doesn’t have to run for his life every play and gets a few more legit receivers to throw to.

It’s not like QBs have never improved their accuracy.  

I agree....it has happend...it can happen...but it isn't typical...it isn't usual...the numbers were all over the place at draft time about college QB who had poor accuracy in college almost never improved much or at all in the pros.  From what I have seen...and what I have read...Allen is every bit the guy the scouting reports said...and he has a LONG way to go to be consistanly accurate.  ...that doesn't mean  I am saying he sucks...it doesn't mean I am saying he isn't worth developing....quite the opposite...I'm just saying that improving accuracy is HARD TO DO and that it doesn't just happen because over time the switch just goes on....we'll know when he strings 4 games or better of 60% plus if he's getting there or not.

3 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I absolutely do!  I agree....very very very RAW....he's supposed to take time.  You guys are all arguing at me like I am telling you it can't happen.  I HOPE IT DOES!  .....I am pointing out that a good many of you folks here speak about Allens accuracy issue like it will just get better as time passes...as he has more reps...if his supporting cast is better...ETC ETC.....when I bring up Tebow...I do so to demonstrate that everything they ever tried to fix his accuracy never worked...he got reps, he got coaching, he had a good supporting cast and a good defense....I am rooting for Allen to do it....I think the task at hand is DIFFICULT.  Improving accuracy is hard...and big improvements from college to pros are not typical.  My gripe, my point is that MANY posters kind of just write it off like it's bound to be better as he gets more reps, time passes, etc....it is not inevitable...it will be Allen overcoming the the odds, and beating back conventional wisdom IF he gets better......A lot of rookie QB's come in and struggle...but a good many of them had demonstrated accuracy in College....Baker Mayfiled had a horrible day today...he was a 71% thrower in college...it is reasonable to expect he;ll be accurate in the pros....he has demonstrated accuracy over a long period of time...it is reasonable to expect he will develop into an accurate NFL QB (that doesn't mean he will, but he's shown accuracy and shown that he has progressed in being more accurate as time passed)  

You see this is more info showing that you really don’t understand what you are saying.  Tebow didn’t have an accuracy issue, he had a mechanics and throwing issue.  He literally had just a terrible throwing motion and awful mechanics, he just couldn’t throw a football.  Josh doesn’t have anything remotely close to the same issues.  

There is literally no similarity between the challenges in Allen’s game and the challenges in Tebow. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

You see this is more info showing that you really don’t understand what you are saying.  Tebow didn’t have an accuracy issue, he had a mechanics and throwing issue.  He literally had just a terrible throwing motion and awful mechanics, he just couldn’t throw a football.  Josh doesn’t have anything remotely close to the same issues.  

There is literally no similarity between the challenges in Allen’s game and the challenges in Tebow. 

But completion percentage! College issues! 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

.....so that kind of leads me back to my point to begin with...if Allen is destined to be accurate...why wasn't anyone able to fix him in HS?  in JUCO?  At Wyoming (where he had the same coaches as Carson Wentz) ?    It's not just going to suddenly happen....and I don't know how you make it happen or what coach you need etc..or maybe the right cast....If it were easy, if were bound to happen....it would happen a lot more often than it does for other talented athletes...like a Vick etc etc.

13 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Tyrod was a part of the Bill's eliminating a 18 year playoff drought, no matter how much YOU may despise him, he got the job done that no one else before him could, all the way back to the kelly days almost.  You are obviously a die hard Bill's fan, that hates everyone on the team before.  I get it, but I'm not joining the hate train

No, I am a Josh Allen fan. I live in Laramie Wyoming and used to be a Raiders fan for 40 years. I was just busting your chops. I have only read about Tyrod. But I like most Bills fans.  Especially Bills Mafia. They are a lot like Wyoming fans, not a lot to cheer about. So I am now a Bills fan. I don't jump teams, I am just tired of the Raiders antics. Plus I like underdogs, so it is a good fit.

.....so that kind of leads me back to my point to begin with...if Allen is destined to be accurate...why wasn't anyone able to fix him in HS?  in JUCO?  At Wyoming (where he had the same coaches as Carson Wentz) ?    It's not just going to suddenly happen....and I don't know how you make it happen or what coach you need etc..or maybe the right cast....If it were easy, if were bound to happen....it would happen a lot more often than it does for other talented athletes...like a Vick etc etc.

Ever hear of Stafford?  And come on, HS and JUCO?  Not even remotely close to the level of coaching in the NFL.  

By the way, you realize Allen was a multi sport athlete too?  He didn’t focus on football until Wyoming, which is why he also wasn’t a bigger recruit coming out of HS.  So that’s part of the reason he was more raw and has a good chance to reach his potential in the NFL. He had crap to work with at Wyoming That was doing him no favors 

Edited by Alphadawg7

10 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

No, I am a Josh Allen fan. I live in Laramie Wyoming and used to be a Raiders fan for 40 years. I was just busting your chops. I have only read about Tyrod. But I like most Bills fans.  Especially Bills Mafia. They are a lot like Wyoming fans, not a lot to cheer about. So I am now a Bills fan. I don't jump teams, I am just tired of the Raiders antics. Plus I like underdogs, so it is a good fit.

Well we will welcome you as a fan, but warn you it's a tough fandom, we are die hard, but our team let's us down more than often do dont expect much of an improvement.  Tyrod was actually decent no matter what you read, he was not great, but not awful either which unfortunately for us Bill's fans is better than what we are used to. Sure from Bill's fans you will hear the bad Tyrod story, but for some of us we are thankful for what he did,even if he wont the best qb ever.  Unfortunately he was the best we had in a long time, and hopefully we are witnessing that to change. Either way, welcome aboard, no hard feelings.  Just some advice, buy lots of beer/liqour, you will need it lol

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

16 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Go look at some of my posts about Allen. I am from Wyoming and have explained why his numbers weren't great at Wyoming. It isn't accuracy issues. He had a worse supporting cast than he does now, they were a running team, and his OC put him in a lot of 3rd and long situations. You need to research more. And not take the lazy way out and listen to others who didn't research. 

3 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

Go look at some of my posts about Allen. I am from Wyoming and have explained why his numbers weren't great at Wyoming. It isn't accuracy issues. He had a worse supporting cast than he does now, they were a running team, and his OC put him in a lot of 3rd and long situations. You need to research more. And not take the lazy way out and listen to others who didn't research. 

Why did the two QB under Coach Bohl, who were before Allen have signifigantly higher completion pcts?

Benjamin with a drop.  Clay could have played hero but he hasn't caught much of anything for his $9 million.  Zay Jones with a miscommunication on the route.  The game was filled with a number of almosts, with a foot here or there that could have brought a different result.  Its' not like the guy was 5 of 19 for 34 yards and 2 picks.

Anyone who doesn't see Allen's positive influence on this team is blind.  He is a rookie only 7 games in, and he has already made a mark with his leadership, arm, and legs. 

No, he didn't play a perfect game.  But neither did Roethlisberger today, or other QB's who are held to a higher standard than he is.

His confidence on the field is unmistakable.  He acts like a 10 year vet.  I love his moxie.  He may never be the most accurate QB in NFL history, but he has enough tools to be a great one.  That's a helluva lot better than what we've been used to seeing over the last 20 years.

16 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I agree....it has happend...it can happen...but it isn't typical...it isn't usual...the numbers were all over the place at draft time about college QB who had poor accuracy in college almost never improved much or at all in the pros.  From what I have seen...and what I have read...Allen is every bit the guy the scouting reports said...and he has a LONG way to go to be consistanly accurate.  ...that doesn't mean  I am saying he sucks...it doesn't mean I am saying he isn't worth developing....quite the opposite...I'm just saying that improving accuracy is HARD TO DO and that it doesn't just happen because over time the switch just goes on....we'll know when he strings 4 games or better of 60% plus if he's getting there or not.

There was a great article online from an ex coach who watched Allen his whole college career.  Allen’s college accuracy had a lot to do with the offense they ran, at least in his opinion.  They didn’t have the kind of athleticism and blocking that you need for screens and the short pass game, so they leaned a lot in Allen’s big arm and the long game.  

I don’t see this wild inaccuracy that many point to.  He was 18-33 after a 1-6 start, and I practically lost track of the drops.  Both of his final passes should have been catches, and he had another that was a Hail Mary.  The Foster bomb was a thing if beauty that was just a foot too long.

Did you watch the game tonight?  Both Rivers and Ben had their share of wild ones.  Every QB does, but Allen’s are more scrutinized because they reinforce a fear that fans here had on draft day, based mainly in scouting reports.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

You still don't get it. Allen doesn't get to build his percentage up with screens,  checking down and hitting sideline passes and easy plays like that. With his arm strength he ends up rolling out from design or pressure, and hitting receivers farther downfield. It is more risk, but higher reward. So not a typical offense. Same hoes for at Wyoming. Bohl coached teams run clock, take shots downfield after the run game gets going. But if the run game is bad, so is the pass game.  Allen carried Wyoming in his two years there. I never missed any home games or close road games. So I have a better look than anyone who writes about him.

9 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Why did the two QB under Coach Bohl, who were before Allen have signifigantly higher completion pcts?

Are you still at this? now I know your a troll. So many people in this topic has explained it to you in so many ways and you read the first sentence of people replies then reply something that makes no sense what so ever. Your well disguising your trolls and you have to be stopped.

no one is this pig headed. It cant be possible.   Stop take a deep breath go back to other people replies then read yours.

you either need to get a grip or your a horrible troll

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Are you still at this? now I know your a troll. So many people in this topic has explained it to you in so many ways and you read the first sentence of people replies then reply something that makes no sense what so ever. Your well disguising your trolls and you have to be stopped.

no one is this pig headed. It cant be possible.   Stop take a deep breath go back to other people replies then read yours.

you either need to get a grip or your a horrible troll

Obviously it's all about percentage completions. Get a grip!

• Haha (+1) 2