So our bust qb was responsible for nearly 400 yards of offense

Just now, Doc said:

So far, and it’s a small sample size, he’s been completing 3% more than he did in college. The answer you’re looking for is he has a better supporting cast on offense. 

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  In the case of Flacco and Jackson, Flacco is completing just over 61 pct of his passes...that is right on what his career completion pct is.....and with the same folks Jackson is completing less.   .....In Allens case...Barkley, Peterman and Anderson have all completed at a higher rate then Allen....with the same people.

How many more points of completion pct do you suppose Allen can achieve with a "better cast"?  It's a question worth asking.

4 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

I'm much more concerned about the coaching, play calling, and lack of discipline than I am about Allen.  Under Ryan, this team was a raging penalty machine.  I'm not sure it's improved.  Rex didn't seem to care, the Clapper continually says he does.  It's getting old.

Why the dehumanizing language on McDermott? Not just you, so many people on here use really lame dehumanizing nicknames about him. He is a person, he has a name, and he's on your team. You named Rex by name twice, who was a con man who wasn't putting in the work, but Sean...nope.

Just confusing, and it's really widespread on this board, very clear from that that so many here have no genuine intention of ever supporting him.

31 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I know he is a rookie....I do think his pct will improve...I am not sure it ever improves enough to be a viable "franchise" QB.  ....the idea that all you need to have him do is "just improve accuracy"  is a funny statement to me...that isn't something that is easily done....and history shows it is highly unlikely it will ever improve very much.  ...I'm just pointing out that many here seem to think that one day Allen is all of the sudden gong to go from a lifelong 50% passer to a 65% guy somehow...I just don't see how it is taken as something that WILL happen given enough time....etc....

Scouting reports are valuable, but peopke read way too much into them.   Every QB has a few wild throws.  Because the reports on Allen talk about inaccuracy, when he has a wild throw, it gets more focus.

Did you watch Wyoming’s offense.  A much higher rate of long balls than the ncaa average.  They didn’t throw a lot of screens and slants.

Allen was bad in the 1st quarter, but his accuracy was very good after that.

3 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  In the case of Flacco and Jackson, Flacco is completing just over 61 pct of his passes...that is right on what his career completion pct is.....and with the same folks Jackson is completing less.   .....In Allens case...Barkley, Peterman and Anderson have all completed at a higher rate then Allen....with the same people.

How many more points of completion pct do you suppose Allen can achieve with a "better cast"?  It's a question worth asking.

I am trying to figure out if its the case that your head is not screwed on tight or a troll but your not thinking straight.

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I acknowledge that he looks for the deeper passes more then the right pass and is not captain check down, doesn't throw more shorter passes (witch he needs to work on.) He is not a vet like the other guys that makes smarter plays, he is a rookie doing rookie things. Does he get to 65% next year? no one can say for sure. Cam Newton is hovering just under 60% career and I think Josh Allen will reach that when this offense gets fixed.

I am going to name a perfect example for those of you that don't think a person/situation can fix QB stats.

Steve Young first year was 53%

Joe Montana first year was 56%

Mitchell Trubisky 59%

Troy Aikman who was on record saying you cant fix accuracy started his first year with bad accuracy, how did that work out

Answer: Does Josh Allen have accuracy issues right now? yes? is that a lot do to the situation he is in and not sitting a raw talented player one year yes? Can he fix that? yes

am I going to complain or even worry about it this year? hell no

I am all on board with the idea Allen is a rookie.  WE all expect issues, problems...etc.  What I would be worried about is the lack of progression in college....even at that level, pick any QB you want...there is almost always a couple pct point improvement year over year at that level as guys get used to the college game etc....Allen didn't show that....I've seen the argument he had a way better roster the year before his last college season.....I would worry about it if he gets to the end of this year with a sub 55% for the year.  That isn't getting it done in this era.  

Just now, Zerovotlz said:

I am all on board with the idea Allen is a rookie.  WE all expect issues, problems...etc.  What I would be worried about is the lack of progression in college....even at that level, pick any QB you want...there is almost always a couple pct point improvement year over year at that level as guys get used to the college game etc....Allen didn't show that....I've seen the argument he had a way better roster the year before his last college season.....I would worry about it if he gets to the end of this year with a sub 55% for the year.  That isn't getting it done in this era.  

see there you go again, first bolded you should be looking at his progression between the senior bowl and now.  Second bolded. Repeat players on team quality wise has lots to do with this.  QB's make your players look great but players around the QB can make your QB look worse. what's not to understand about this fact.

4 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

Are we just ignoring the INTs and the missed TD to Zay?

Not saying he wasn't good, but let's not act like he was perfect

True. Should have won the Super Bowl today and he BLEW it!

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

see there you go again, first bolded you should be looking at his progression between the senior bowl and now.  Second bolded. Repeat players on team quality wise has lots to do with this.  QB's make your players look great but players around the QB can make your QB look worse. what's not to understand about this fact.

This would be a valid argument EXCEPT other lesser QB's have signifigantly better numbers throwing to the same guys.  

1 minute ago, Zerovotlz said:

This would be a valid argument EXCEPT other lesser QB's have signifigantly better numbers throwing to the same guys.  

Except for the QB's I quoted earlier? and the many more I could add to that list if I did more homework on the topic? na. nice try

I think Allen could be an elite QB.  His talent level is absurd, his leadership is admirable and his work ethic seems top notch.  

Anyone who watched the game today is crazy if they didn’t come away impressed with our rookie QB.  

That being said, he does need to work on his accuracy, but hopefully experience, an offensive line and some more skill position talent around him will do the trick. 

18 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Jackson is completing 1% fewer passes, which is 3% higher than college.  Why is that?

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Jackson is completing 1% fewer passes, which is 3% higher than college.  Why is that?

Don't bother Doc, his head isn't screwed on straight. as I said in earlier replies if I truly did my homework on past and present QB's I would have a massive result that would prove him wrong.

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Except for the QB's I quoted earlier? and the many more I could add to that list if I did more homework on the topic? na. nice try

The QB's you quoted earlier especially Montana....had like 20 attempts his first year... ....anyhow...Steve Young was 65 % passer in college.  He was a 65% passer in the pros.  Aikman was a 63% passer in College and a 61% passer in the pros.  Trubisky was a 67% completion thrower in college.....I don't understand your point...All these guys were accurate passers who were also accurate in the pros...They all progressed (except Trubs who only played one year) while in college.  They were the passers everyone thought they were.  Allen is the passer everyone thought he was.

3 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

The QB's you quoted earlier especially Montana....had like 20 attempts his first year... ....anyhow...Steve Young was 65 % passer in college.  He was a 65% passer in the pros.  Aikman was a 63% passer in College and a 61% passer in the pros.  Trubisky was a 67% completion thrower in college.....I don't understand your point...All these guys were accurate passers who were also accurate in the pros...They all progressed (except Trubs who only played one year) while in college.  They were the passers everyone thought they were.  Allen is the passer everyone thought he was.

try again look at montana first WHOLE year.. you failed.  Trubisky had a 67%? what program did he come from. please keep trying..

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Tebow? 

Tebow was not even close to the talent Allen is. Watching today's game you understand why so many scouts loved him despite less than stellar career college numbers at a school like Wyoming. He shows flashes of Rodgers like capability but yes, his footwork is still very sloppy causing him to have some very bad throws. This may or may not get better, but I was pretty impressed for as raw a prospect as Allen is in several instances in today's game. At the same time scratching my head at some of his throws.

He stared the game badly, but he was without question a different QB in the 2nd half of today's game. 

I agree Allen is very talented.  Great build...great athlete...great runner...super strong arm...leader...etc....he isn't accurate.  He never has been.  This isn't some brilliant observation on my part....all I am saying is that accuracy is the toughest skill to have, to improve, to work on....it's just odd to me, that so many poeple think this is an "easy" fix..."just" need to fix his accuracy.  he "just" needs some better supporting cast (even though others seem to be able to perform with this group)  

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Other than say Moon and Rogers and Wilson and Elway to a degree?

Your act is ridiculous at this point.  The 7 th start for the kid.  He makes plays, and that's what you need in a QB.

Everyone should stop bothering with the troll. Earlier in the season he was claiming Peterman was going to turn out to be our franchise QB. That's as bad as it gets.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Everyone should stop bothering with the troll. Earlier in the season he was claiming Peterman was going to turn out to be our franchise QB. That's as bad as it gets.

You have me confused with someone else.  I have NEVER EVER said anything about Peterman being good, ok, etc.