Kareem Hunt being investigated for 2nd incident

The Senator

6 hours ago, The Senator said:

Absolutely, totally, incontrovertibly untrue.  I am completely color-blind, and my female relationship experiences and male friendships will show as much.

I'm just curious .... did you ever go back?

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, StHustle said:

Incognito was never called a thug either. That word is reserved for only black men who exhibit violence.  (Or in Kaepernicks case no violence necessary)

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

Look I just call it as I see it. Not interested in getting in a race relations discussion on these boards tho.

Shirley, you see the irony, here.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/2/2018 at 5:38 PM, HurlyBurly51 said:

He’ll fit right in with the Redskins

I thought Ravens! Isn’t their theme song “it’s a hard Thug life for us” lol

On 12/2/2018 at 4:28 PM, The Senator said:

For the Hunt apologists, who think HE is the victim....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/02/report-nfl-investigating-second-incident-in-which-kareem-hunt-punched-a-man/

https://nesn.com/2018/12/nfl-rumors-nfl-investigating-incident-in-which-kareem-hunt-punched-man-in-face/

Clearly, this thug is a violent criminal.  I’m sure, as we peel back the onion, more incidents of violence against both men and women will surface.

Dude’s cooked.  His NFL career is over.

(JMO)

Difference is it’s a guy, and with no police report makes it SOUND like it was probably a friend he had a spat with.. but I could be wrong.

mind you after hitting a woman and acting like an ass anything is possible.

On 12/2/2018 at 4:47 PM, Tsaikotic said:

I'm not on Hunt's side, but some ppl seem to think that NFL and FBI are the same initials...it has already been said that the hotel refused to show the NFL the tape because they weren't law enforcement...has already been said they tried to talk to the women and any friends, they all refused to talk...they can't interview ppl that won't talk to them.

All this is true, and yet "the devil is in the details".  I think the wording was "attempts to contact the victim were unsuccessful".  Does that mean called one time?  Sent someone to her house?  Sent a registered letter?  What?  Similar with the tape - the police say they never viewed it.  Does requested the tape mean, tried once?  Tried again after obtaining a letter from the police saying the tape wasn't part of their investigation?    Sent their lawyer to talk to the hotel's lawyer?  What?

I have the feeling that the NFL really didn't try very hard here.  It's just my feeling, and I could be mistaken.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

All this is true, and yet "the devil is in the details".  I think the wording was "attempts to contact the victim were unsuccessful".  Does that mean called one time?  Sent someone to her house?  Sent a registered letter?  What?  Similar with the tape - the police say they never viewed it.  Does requested the tape mean, tried once?  Tried again after obtaining a letter from the police saying the tape wasn't part of their investigation?    Sent their lawyer to talk to the hotel's lawyer?  What?

I have the feeling that the NFL really didn't try very hard here.  It's just my feeling, and I could be mistaken.

To me the details isn't as big as the headline.

While it's imperative for the NFL to monitor and address their players that they are doing anything without charges and conviction by law enforcement is a big deal to me.

Why is the NFL must be the acting body in a legal issue?  Like Tsai said the NFL is not the FBI and the FBI aren't even police or a body that presses charges.  The NFL can investigate this until they're blue in the face but without a chance to answer for this up front and confront his allegations directly to the accusations made by individuals than I see nothing good coming from this but the continued deterioration of the fabric of our society where mob rule, persecution, and public image mean more than the freedoms afforded to us by the Constitution.

If the NFL suspends Hunt or anyone else in these similar I will 100% support Hunt for the reasons above and hope he takes legal action against the NFL for being idiots and *****.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/2/2018 at 5:47 PM, Tsaikotic said:

I'm not on Hunt's side, but some ppl seem to think that NFL and FBI are the same initials...it has already been said that the hotel refused to show the NFL the tape because they weren't law enforcement...has already been said they tried to talk to the women and any friends, they all refused to talk...they can't interview ppl that won't talk to them.

Do you think that the NFL would need to operate like the FBI to simply ask Hunt about the incident?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

While it's imperative for the NFL to monitor and address their players that they are doing anything without charges and conviction by law enforcement is a big deal to me.

Why is the NFL must be the acting body in a legal issue?  Like Tsai said the NFL is not the FBI and the FBI aren't even police or a body that presses charges.  The NFL can investigate this until they're blue in the face but without a chance to answer for this up front and confront his allegations directly to the accusations made by individuals than I see nothing good coming from this but the continued deterioration of the fabric of our society where mob rule, persecution, and public image mean more than the freedoms afforded to us by the Constitution.

If the NFL suspends Hunt or anyone else in these similar I will 100% support Hunt for the reasons above and hope he takes legal action against the NFL for being idiots and *****.

I have a different perspective, perhaps stemming from different employer experience.  I worked for an employer with a very strict employee code of conduct.

I knew it when I took the job.  They put it in front of me and I had to initial about 5 places and sign at the end, witnessed.

It had nothing to do with charges and conviction and everything to do with the company's image and protecting it.  I had no right to "due process" because it wasn't a legal proceeding.  The NFL is NOT an acting body in a legal issue.  They are "protecting their brand" and image.  It's about the right to be employed by an NFL team, not a constitutional guarantee of life and liberty. 

The freedoms afforded by the constitution do not include the freedoms to work for a specific employer no matter what you do or how you behave.  I didn't have that freedom when I worked for my former employer.  Many people don't.  It's life in the world of business.  I indulged in conduct prohibited by the agreement I freely signed, they would have the right to can my ass.

The players who negotiated the CBA agreed to the conduct clause.  They have a legal right to negotiate changes with the next CBA.  But they agreed.  They signed on behalf of the players they represent.   If Hunt consults lawyers, hopefully they would advise him of same and not waste the money he so far earned from his NFL career.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

People tend to confuse legal rights with rights as an employee.  You don't need to be arrested to be terminated from your job.  Like they always say, playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right. 

Edited by SWATeam
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

https://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828506.pdf

But even if the conduct does not result in a criminal conviction, players found to have engaged in any of the following conduct will be subject to discipline. Prohibited conduct includes but is not limited to the following:

Actual or threatened physical violence against another person, including dating violence, domestic violence, child abuse, and other forms of family violence;

Assault and/or battery, including sexual assault or other sex offenses;

I'm certain Mr. Hunt was aware of this policy.  The NFL has every right to discipline him.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Often times people put themselves in bad situations.  Whether they deserve what  happens to them is a matter of debate. 

No doubt she acted inappropriately.  It's just my opinion that, in this particular situation, she didn't deserve to be hit by a man.  It's not like he was in any kind of danger; she wasn't armed and she could barely even stand.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Do you think that the NFL would need to operate like the FBI to simply ask Hunt about the incident?

my point wasn't directed at Hunt or if the NFL had the right to question Hunt...my point was at ppl acting as if the NFL showed up at my door I had to answer to them...players are under contract with the NFL, I am not...and neither are the women he beat or the friends/family of the victim or the hotel that owns the video

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tsaikotic said:

my point wasn't directed at Hunt or if the NFL had the right to question Hunt...my point was at ppl acting as if the NFL showed up at my door I had to answer to them...players are under contract with the NFL, I am not...and neither are the women he beat or the friends/family of the victim or the hotel that owns the video

Right.  And it's understandable if no one cooperated with them.  But the fact that they never questioned Hunt about the incident is inexcusable.  That is why the NFL is taking heat.

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Specifically: the consequences of Willie Nillie persecution style retaliation style retribution and punishment upon those who have not had a chance to be vetted, questioned and held up to investigation in their events/actions.  In this case you lack the ability hold respect for the law enforcement whom are tasked with the responsibilities of investigation - and I am fairly certain I can understand why you jump to this conclusion based on knowledge of you.  You believe the police let the guy skate because he is a star, it's not worth their time, etc.  It's not worth their time and how do I know that?  They said it.  I can accept that answer.  Why can't you? 

I have a totally different perspective on this.

The above reads as though you feel police investigation and legal action should be the be-all end-all of how a community (or an employer) operates and anything else is deterioration of society - "mob rule" I think you said.

I think there's a different principle called community standards.  I think police investigation and legal standards are a way too low bar.  People can do all sorts of stuff that aren't worth the police time, but that are unacceptable if they go on in a community especially repeatedly.  It's the ordinary citizens being willing to stand up and say "you know, this is not OK" that keep a community decent over time. 

Somehow in this day and age modern new-age folks like yourself get the idea that the whole social fabric to define what's decent and acceptable behavior should be handed over to law enforcement and that what's unacceptable to law enforcement should define what's unacceptable to employers or communities.  Baloney.  That's not how successful societies have ever worked.  It's a minimum bar.

The NFL is a private employer.  They have a right to define what is acceptable employee behavior.  What's more, their employees negotiated and agreed to a procedure for this.  I may personally think the players gave up way too much power to the league for language that's way too nebulous, but they signed.

Hunt had a chance to be questioned and investigated by the KC team.  The KC team and the NFL have the right to investigate him, because his contract gave them that right.  He said he never left the room.  He admits he lied to the team, and they did the right thing to cut him.  I can accept that, why can't you?

11 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

Calling the man a violent criminal is a little much to me. Something like that is reserved for someone who robs banks and murders and rapes people. 

I agree.   From what we know, I would say he's someone who has trouble with his temper, possibly exacerbated when he's been drinking to excess.

I don't like the headline - the video isn't what I think of as brutal.  Gratuitious, unnecessary, despicable, wrong yes.  Brutal, no.

11 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Right.  And it's understandable if no one cooperated with them.  But the fact that they never questioned Hunt about the incident is inexcusable.  That is why the NFL is taking heat.

ok I didn't realize they hadn't talked to Hunt...I had heard someone say on tv that Hunt had lied to the NFL so I must have assumed they did

11 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

So, the official group that is legally responsible and the only body able to investigate the activity determined to do nothing.

Yep. You made the point for me

Why do you think that the NFL is not legally responsible?  The players sign a legal contract that specifically prohibits conduct Hunt engaged in.

Nothing in the law precludes individuals or corporations from investigating something - they have a different status than law enforcement, but they are able to investigate.

1 minute ago, Tsaikotic said:

ok I didn't realize they hadn't talked to Hunt...I had heard someone say on tv that Hunt had lied to the NFL so I must have assumed they did

Hunt says he lied to the Kansas City Chiefs.  Apparently representatives of the NFL league office themselves did not come and talk to Hunt, but left it to the team.