Jerry Hughes Confronts Official after the Game - Umpire Roy Ellison Reinstated After Being Fined $9300

4 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

So... lets do math..
(Calling 1 team's players names like B word)  +  (very lopsided calls in crucial moments).... = ???

Lets do the math.

No matter how egregious calling a player a B word is, calling for the persons job is soft.n

End of story.

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Lets do the math.

No matter how egregious calling a player a B word is, calling for the persons job is soft.n

End of story.

Not when that person abuses the power of their job. That's grounds for termination.

Lets do the math.

End of story.

not in this instance.  You have refs making lopsided calls against the Bills, then calling a player a B word.  Refs should at least be suspended or barred from future Bills games.  These refs are not impartial.  

• Like (+1) 1

OK. Then fire the guy.

Yay.

That would be justified.

If your boss were giving perks to your co-workers and writing you up for unsubstantiated infractions, then called you a B word when you spoke up about it, what do you think should happen to him/her?

5 minutes ago, popcornpam said:

How come we never hear from the owner?  Does he ever speak to the people in Buffalo?    I live in Houston I know the owner just died  a couple weeks ago but he used to talk on the news about his team the Houston Texans.  

Maybe you should follow the Cowboys and see how that works out...

• Haha (+1) 1

Fully support Hughes regardless of repercussions.  Sometimes in life you have to stand up for yourself or a group and let someone have it verbally face to face.  Really let them have it.  Quite often it's effective and in this case he will likely have team ownership and management on his side this upcoming week. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Maybe you should follow the Cowboys and see how that works out...

I hate the Cowboys but anyway, what’s that got to do with the Bills owners speaking up for the Buffalo Bills in the amount of penalties that have been called in the last few weeks 

If anyone on the team deserves the right to freak out over officials it’s Jerry. 

I used to hate him for how many stupid personal foul penalties he’d get, but he’s smartened up. And not just as a bills fan but someone who watches a lot of teams, he is held more than anyone else I’ve ever seen and they almost never call it. And he generally just keeps on with his business. 

His speed means he almost has to be held to make it fair and the refs agree. Regardless of what the ref said to him something was clearly up with this game. The Bills can commit enough stupid penalties all on their own they don’t need help. But the calls missed from the dolphins was very shocking to me. I’m not a conspiracy refs cost us the game kinda person but they were extremely one sided on the calls today

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Lets do the math.

End of story.

I understand your sentiment, BUT refs are supposed to be impartial. IF they did do that with Jerry, it shows the lack of being impartial and a potential bias against a certain player/team. That is why he should be fired.

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

When was it said? Does that matter? Getting fired for calling someone a B word?

Nah.

I mean, ***** that ref but are we that soft we are calling for people’s jobs that call someone a B word?

Heck yeah... if a friggin' ref calls a player a B****, he should be fired immediately.

It's not a question of being "soft".