Jerry Hughes Confronts Official after the Game - Umpire Roy Ellison Reinstated After Being Fined $9300

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I'd like to see in the referee's locker room nest home game the heat not work for it and no hot water.

I seriously doubt they care about your opinion and it is right decision.

They do not call you "idiot" here. They call you "The Idiot" like "The Batman" or "The Flash" which means it is a term of respect.

Wtf are you talking about? Is english your second language? I seriously doubt that I care what you think. 

He's already got a reputation that draws more flags than he should get.   This will just make that situation worse.

It's another instance that shows how undisciplined this team is.  It's worse than the Rex Ryan years ... and that's pretty pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He's already got a reputation that draws more flags than he should get.   This will just make that situation worse.

It's another instance that shows how undisciplined this team is.  It's worse than the Rex Ryan years ... and that's pretty pathetic.

Let's not go overboard Priscilla.  We usually have 11 players on the field these days.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Let's not go overboard Priscilla.  We usually have 11 players on the field these days.

:lol:

10 hours ago, mattynh said:

Hughes is passionate.  I like that but this was completely stupid.   Nothing good could have come from it.  Focus on what you can control Jerry.   

Is this part of the process too?

Refs should be fined for missing calls or calls that are bull crap.  Need to be held accountable.  

Maybe a team of 3 should be ring the refs in games and say thy need to throw a flag or that’s not a penalty.  

14 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not that bad, he didn't touch the guy, maybe a reprimand from the league.

He went after a ref and needed to be restrained.  That's bad. He will be made an example.   Probably a 1-3 game suspension.   I'd say 1 game.  There is clear video proof he went after someone, and even threatened to "getch you."

6 hours ago, Seoulful Soul said:

Personally, I'm sick of the refs blowing calls Mr. Magoo could see and the league defending them like they are infallible.  This crap needs to stop.

Refs need to be say down with a league evaluator after every game publicly and shown every game film from every angle, then asked "how is this a foul?"  How did you miss this foul?"  "Why didn't you call this?"  Then start fining them for every blown call and every BS foul they thrown or miss.

You will see their quality improve immediately.

This x100. Money talks......Always.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Clean up on Aisle 55!

Jerry Hughes: "Great Learning Experience for all These Young Guys" (2:14)

Bills DE Jerry Hughes talks about the team's performance vs the Dolphins as well as some post game interactions made with the officials.

Bad look, Jerry. You confronted the official,  now own it.  

8 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I thought the officiating was pretty bad too. Inconsistent. But the PI call on Milano was the right call. He interfered before he went for the ball. The reversal on Zay Jones was the right call. The unsportsmanlike on Phillips was the right call even though it was petty. Even the head tackle on Josh may have been the right call. At first I thought it was awful. But he was grabbed by the jersey and thrown down. Only right at the end did the Dolphin have his helmet. After he was already on his way down. He wasn't at all tackled by the helmet. Yes, they could have called a penalty but it looked way worse than it actually was. 

They are ridiculously undisciplined. On all three teams. 

Let's remember to be fair and BALANCED KTB.

PI call on Milano was accurate, missing the DPI on the non-catch by Zones was not.

Agree on Phillips. It was a selfish, bone-headed move, but glad to know he has that kind of ability to be disruptive - now show it against teams not called the Dolphins.

I was on the fence about the clothesline, but not sure if officials have really been looking at "intent" when protecting other QBs. What I did see was Tanny trip over his own lineman when being tackled by our safety that he outweighs by 20-30lbs and our safety got a roughing the passer. Also, numerous late hits on Josh Allen, and one decent forklift and full-weight-on-top-of Allen slam by a Miami DT with no flags.

You can find a penalty on any given play if you look for them, the reason I question the Miami calls was a lack of balance.

I will concede the undisciplined rookie mistakes, the pre-snap gaffs, or clock mismanagement - I expect those with so many 1st and 2nd year players that are starters.

• Like (+1) 1

vs MIA he had 1 tackle, 1 qb hit and zero sacks

to me, he's the most over rated player on team. one trick pony

for the season:

Jerry is tied for 34th in the league for sacks with 6.0

Jerry is tied for 285th in the league for tackles with 31.0

he has 3 forced fumbles (the best thing he does)

he has 5 penalties (probably a career low)

17 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The refs being worse for us than they have been.

I know what its like to be on the wrong side of reffing. Waaaay back when i was a wrestler this retard awarded the other kid four penalty points costing me the match and i let the ref have it and after that word got around and those clowns were on me for everything and mystery calls as well. It was a royal pain in the ass wrestling the opponent and the refs too. I wish i had kept my mouth shut as it made it that much harder from there on out.

Ultimately, the only way to turn the lopsided officiating around is to coach the players to go full "Eddie Haskel" and be as profoundly polite as possible to every ref, every game. 

Good for Hughes. If what he's saying is true then I'd be getting in that ref's face as well. 

Poor officiating is killing the game. As someone else pointed out, it's now just second nature to look for a flag on any given play, especially a big play. That's not how the game should be. I've felt for a long time that the league wants the refs more involved to create "more drama" within each game. This is an entertainment industry first, don't forget that. The league doesn't give a crap about player safety, the league wants 100+ combined points a game with high flying offenses because it's "entertaining." I can't wait until KC faces a legitimate defense in the playoffs and bows out with a big fat one and done, because while they can score points, they also can't stop any opponents from scoring. Gave up, what, 30 or 33 points to the friggin' Raiders yesterday?? These offenses are fun to watch but at the end of the day, defense gets it done and the Chiefs have zero defense.

But the rules are completely lopsided to favor the offense and, supposedly, protect the QB. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that bad calls or no calls when there should've been a call happen every game, but that's usually only one or two things. Yesterday, I thought there were three or four clear instances of roughing the passer on Allen. I've seen way less get called this season, which is why it's kind of maddening. 

I hate seeing their dumb referee faces in their dumb referee uniforms with their stupid little yellow flags. I feel like all referees are just little doofuses that wanted to play football but could never cut it so they figured they'd be the jagoff to ruin the game. You ever play backyard football with your neighborhood buddies? There was always a friend with a younger brother who, well, just kinda sucked. He was whiny and bratty but all the moms told all their kids, "You gotta let Johnny's little brother Timmy play too." So you'd tolerate the little jerk because it was better than getting yelled at by mom or dad. But little Timmy slowly kept making himself a bigger part of the game until he became the kid that would steal the ball and run home whenever a play didn't go his way. That's modern NFL officiating. All a bunch of little Timmy's that wanna take the ball and go home. I frickin' hate it. It's nearly unbearable to watch a game these days. Every third play, flag. "Number 62 farted in my general direction, he has been ejected not only from the game, but from the entire league. I AM REF GOD!" BAH! The entire frickin' rule book needs to be shredded and rewritten. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1