Dolphins 21 Bills 17 Postgame Thread

17 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He should sleep well tonight. 

I’m glad he didn’t appear to take any severely damaging hits. He was very smart with his sliding and getting OB. A big improvement over previous games, and that’s the kind of progress that gives me hope. 

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I want my big armed QB to make a better throw there.  Strongest arm in the history of the game?  Show it!

I get it, but ya gotta be reasonable. Dude just got done running all over the field. Like, litterally, all over the field. Then he has to launch a 60-65 yard pass in the air. Not for nothing, did you see how it came out? I dont mean this to be gym class hero-ish, but i can hit 50 yards in the air and have some control over where it goes. Maybe I can throw it 55ish with just chucking it to throw it as far as i can. What happens though, for that and anything after that is ya try and throw it too far and either grip it too tight or just over throw it and the result is a fluttery duck that doesnt go as far as just trying to throw a nice bomb. If you arent trying to throw it as far as you can, youll get a nicer pass. Its totally possible that at that point in that situation - a 60+ yard pass was all ( all...lol) he had. It got there and he needed help. In a vaccum he hits that throw. In THAT situation,  its still impressive. At the end of the day, its not something i can rip on him for while sitting on my couch. 

Also, there is a reason Clay was down there wide open. Id imagine most thought it wasnt humanly possible to make that pass from the oppo hash. 

The kid almost proved otherwise

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
34 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

I get it, but ya gotta be reasonable. Dude just got done running all over the field. Like, litterally, all over the field. Then he has to launch a 60-65 yard pass in the air. Not for nothing, did you see how it came out? I dont mean this to be gym class hero-ish, but i can hit 50 yards in the air and have some control over where it goes. Maybe I can throw it 55ish with just chucking it to throw it as far as i can. What happens though, for that and anything after that is ya try and throw it too far and either grip it too tight or just over throw it and the result is a fluttery duck that doesnt go as far as just trying to throw a nice bomb. If you arent trying to throw it as far as you can, youll get a nicer pass. Its totally possible that at that point in that sotuation - a 60+ yard pass was all ( all...lol) he had. It got there and he needed help. In a vaccum he hits that throw. In THAT situation,  its still impressive. At the end of the day, its not something i can rip on him for while sitting on my couch. 

Also, there is a reason Clay was down there wide open. Id imagine most thought it wasnt humanly possible to make that pass from the oppo hash. 

The kid almost proved otherwise

You're using far too much  nuance for a spam-bot to understand

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I want my big armed QB to make a better throw there.  Strongest arm in the history of the game?  Show it!

The point you, and quit a few posters, seem to miss is that no QB makes perfect throws every time.  It just doesn't happen.   The key on that play was he had protection break down, ran for his life, and eventually saw #85 wide open.  The pass was there, the guy just has to catch it.  It was't perfect; it wasn't his best throw; but the pass was there, at the goal line, for the #1 TE to catch uncontested.   And as we've seen countless times this season... There are several players that just can't catch out there.  It's ridiculously bad the effort that was bad to catch that pass.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dan said:

The point you, and quit a few posters, seem to miss is that no QB makes perfect throws every time.  It just doesn't happen.   The key on that play was he had protection break down, ran for his life, and eventually saw #85 wide open.  The pass was there, the guy just has to catch it.  It was't perfect; it wasn't his best throw; but the pass was there, at the goal line, for the #1 TE to catch uncontested.   And as we've seen countless times this season... There are several players that just can't catch out there.  It's ridiculously bad the effort that was bad to catch that pass.

Did I post perfect? I said better in that situation with the strength of his arm that is supposed to be an asset.  You like many others are making an excuse where he did everything except complete the play.  Good effort by Allen, but I want a better ball there than a wounded duck.  He bailed out of the pocket a tad early to be accurate as there was room to step up.  Clay could have made a play for him certainly, but Allen also could have made it easier for him. 

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Did I post perfect? I said better in that situation with the strength of his arm that is supposed to be an asset.  You like many others are making an excuse where he did everything except complete the play.  Good effort by Allen, but I want a better ball there than a wounded duck.  He bailed out of the pocket a tad early to be accurate as there was room to step up.  Clay could have made a play for him certainly, but Allen also could have made it easier for him. 

Links > Takes 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Refs didn't help but the missed extra point meant we couldn't kick a fg to tie and the punt muff was just bad luck/not paying attention.  Three turnovers and 13 penalties is a bad recipe.

Good point !