Dolphins 21 Bills 17 Postgame Thread

5 minutes ago, Spielman said:

Allen needs to hit a wide open Jones in the end zone and\or a wide open Foster for a TD.  Those are pretty easy throws for an NFL quarterback.  He makes some great throws and then misses wide open receivers.  It is concerning.  

If if he completes those two passes, we win easily. 

Also, what about the missed xtra point ?  Haushka makes that and we only need a field end at the to send it to OT. 

idk if the foster play is considered 'easy' but yes on zay

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's exactly what I thought had happened. It was a miscommunication, Allen thought Zay was gonna slow down and he didnt.  It wasn't an accuracy issue as much as a miscommunication one.

Clay cannot be on the back end of the end zone as Allen is winding up to throw there. 

Allen is running around backwards and navigating through traffic just to get the ball off.... but Clay is somehow still on the back line of the end zone? I don’t get it.  Maybe all his “vet days off” mean he’s never practiced the scramble drill.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They didn’t have to blitz. With our line any play can be a jail break, and it was. He didn’t have time to get that ball that deep without heroics. It was a last chance play, and while the throw was far from perfect, I was disappointed in Clay not being able to move forward more than about 6 yards during that hang time. 

I’m encouraged with Allen. I was skeptical but supportive, and I’m starting to feel a little better. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

They didn’t have to blitz. With our line any play can be a jail break, and it was. He didn’t have time to get that ball that deep without heroics. It was a last chance play, and while the throw was far from perfect, I was disappointed in Clay not being able to move forward more than about 6 yards during that hang time. 

I’m encouraged with Allen. I was skeptical but supportive, and I’m starting to feel a little better. 

Remember. It was 4th and 11 with plenty of time left.  He didn't have to go to the end zone.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This to me is the issue Allen will need to improve on. He seems to abandon plays a little to early and panics. 

A lot of his big runs I have zero issue with as a lot of the time it's the correct play to make(at least this game) there are times he had 10 plus yards free

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

That makes me feel a little better. Otherwise, it was just an awful throw.

Yeah, I instantly felt it was more of a communication issue than accuracy issue. But it was man vs sit down zone I think, so? But what do I know? (Yeah, not much....)

26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How in the world did the Fins let Clay get so wide open in the EZ on that play.  It's crazy how no one is near him

Don't think I've ever seen a player open in the EZ on a bomb without a single defender literally in the picture

image.thumb.png.63e5ad78b3dca9ad7b3bd3bb3f11ddcc.png

Edited by stevewin

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Remember. It was 4th and 11 with plenty of time left.  He didn't have to go to the end zone.

No, they didn’t, but they were in his face in a hurry. He’s a rookie, and I’m not sure what his other options were, but we had a ball on a receivers hands in the end zone to give us the lead with under a minute left. I’m OK with that. Give the poor guy an OLine and some weapons. 

Just now, Augie said:

No, they didn’t, but they were in his face in a hurry. He’s a rookie, and I’m not sure what his other options were, but we had a ball on a receivers hands in the end zone to give us the lead with under a minute left. I’m OK with that. Give the poor guy an OLine and some weapons. 

There are plenty of encouraging signs. The 2019 offseason should be interesting.

• Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I disagree it was Brutal. It wasn’t a goood first half but it wasn’t brutal... example of Brutal would be Tyrod’s half losing his starting job to Mayfield.... or ANY Peterman half series

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

he made a great play, he deserves to celebrate. i didnt see anything out of line. the guy who RKOed Allen though was going nuts after an illegal hit 

Jordan made a good play, not a great play.  The idea that he "deserves" to celebrate is just bizarre and its THE reason that undisciplined teams lose games. 

Why do players need to celebrate every single good play?  Why do fans think that excessive celebrations are good?  I like football because I like the  plays, not the ***** that happens afterward. I have been watching since the 60's and believe me the game is not better because of all the celebrations.  It is worse. 

The officiating was not consistent today and I think it was very  poor overall.  Still … I want players that understand not do stupid things.  Jordan did something stupid. 

My problem with the game is that there were two hits on Allen, after the Jordan penalty, that were worse than what Jordan did, and they did not get called.  In a league that is supposed to protect QBs this was completely inconsistent. 

Regardless, Jordan was wrong and he hurt the team. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Thank you (+1) 1