Charles Clay- the most useless player ever

NewEra

8 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

JA had time to square up and throw a good pass on that play.   Love what JA is doin,  that particular ball wasnt his best by a mile.  Partly Joshs fault,  partly Clays.

its a tough throw for a QB to throw that far down the field while running to the opposite side without squaring up and setting your feet.   was a poor ball.

i do agree, if allen had taken a fraction of a second to plant, that woulda been a standup td.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Witch makes Clay had all day to catch the ball and noone around him. Did a dive witch was not needed. Or tried to play it like hail Mary lol

Well if having bad knees I'd release him

Had all the time in the world to adjust and he cannot expect at that point in the play that JA can reasonably get that much air on the ball where he was heading scrambling to one side to throw cross field on the other.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Clay also had some big blocks

There are plenty of blocking TEs in the league for a lot less than 9 million a year.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's BY FAR their best blocking TE..........as far as having him running around 40 yards downfield on those bone-on-bone knees?    Nope.    Bad personnel decision by Daboll.

If Beane/McDermott/Daboll don't address the TE  position in the off season then he is not worthy of his GM role.  I will give him a little more time.

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

It was a duck pass which stalled in the air and was super under thrown.  Not exactly his fault. 

Duck pass?  Please re-watch the play.  He had to turn a flip it from the far numbers (40) to inside the goal line at the other numbers.

Clay was brain dead by not running out of the end zone.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Pete said:

That play was on Josh.  Put your pitchforks down.  He also missed a wide open Foster.  Growing pains. We finally have our QB!

The kid ran for probably 120+ in 86 degree heat, got smacked around when he was in th pocket, kept the play alive, and then threw a ball 50 yards in the air that hit clay in the hands.  Not an easy catch, but holy cow blaming Allen for that incompletion ... wow. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Show your love for Charles ******* Clay.  You sir, are a bum.  Thanks for one game vs the dolphins years ago.  

Allen played his heart out like always.   He extended that play.  Clay makes a half hearted effort and comes up short.   Let's package Clay and Benjamin and trade them for a vintage Yugo! 

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i do agree, if allen had taken a fraction of a second to plant, that woulda been a standup td.

If you are going to play the IF game.................IF the Bills offensive line could block anyone................JA wouldn't of been running for his life.

The Buffalo Bills Offensive Line would get Tom Brady killed.

They barely can block on a punt.

21 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

JA had time to square up and throw a good pass on that play.   Love what JA is doin,  that particular ball wasnt his best by a mile.  Partly Joshs fault,  partly Clays.

its a tough throw for a QB to throw that far down the field while running to the opposite side without squaring up and setting your feet.   was a poor ball.

Allen dodged pressure and bought time.

Sure the throw wasn’t the best but an NFL tight end catches that pass.

Thats how things go.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If you are going to play the IF game.................IF the Bills offensive line could block anyone................JA wouldn't of been running for his life.

The Buffalo Bills Offensive Line would get Tom Brady killed.

They barely can block on a punt.

I felt like he had plenty of time on the majority of snaps. Maybe I’m wrong, it won’t be the first time. I was thinking he would really benefit from a legit WR core.

31 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I'm sure someone would take him.  Somewhere.   Cut him and it's dead cap.  Just find someone to give us a conditional 7th in 2040.  

Cap hit is 9mill.  He’s a bum

if it wasn't for the last play, i would be critical of josh.....but the pass shoulda been  caught and the poser kb coulda helped ....but not to happen... as usual.

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

No love for this misfit, always hurt, butterfingered, out of position, slow, poor blocking waste of roster space and money

who?....kb or clay?

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

if it wasn't for the last play, i would be critical of josh.....but the pass shoulda been  caught and the poser kb coulda helped ....but not to happen... as usual.

who?....kb or clay?

I was talking about Clay since the OP referenced him but this criticism equally applies to both. They cost the team 2 wins at the least. This team could be 6-6 even with the Peterman fiasco.