What’s Up With Derek Anderson?

10 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Do you think they are just using this to keep Anderson off the field.

He may have told management that " I signed up to mentor Allen, but don't put me on the field again"?

I was thinking the exact same thing. He probably told them he would help Allen along then incredibly got thrown in right away. Then got legitimately injured. He probably told them he didn’t sign up for this, get a real back up in and just keep me in concussion protocol.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

It just seems a little odd given his circumstances this year

In most cases, concussion recovery takes about 7 to 10 days. However, if you don't get enough rest or follow your doctor's recommendations, recovery may take a bit longer.

sure you can find articles that say 100 days. But in the NFL 2 weeks is typically the norm. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. He probably told them he would help Allen along then incredibly got thrown in right away. Then got legitimately injured. He probably told them he didn’t sign up for this, get a real back up in and just keep me in concussion protocol.

Exactly my thoughts 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

In most cases, concussion recovery takes about 7 to 10 days. However, if you don't get enough rest or follow your doctor's recommendations, recovery may take a bit longer.

sure you can find articles that say 100 days. But in the NFL 2 weeks is typically the norm. 

Right I remember Carlos Williams has a very difficult time recovering.  I think he was out for 3 weeks and that was considering longer than usual.  DA is just about twice as long.  

The crazy thing is, with Allen Barkley and tech Anderson on the roster: it is the most comfortable I have been with a group of Bills QBs in well over a decade. I feel like all 3 of those guys can play and I’m not afraid of an injury for the first time in a while. When EJ was the backup you might as well have canceled the season if the starter got hurt. Same with Peterman.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I don’t get the status of Derek Anderson.  He leaves the game versus NE on 10/29 with an apparent concussion and is placed in concussion protocol.  

6 weeks later he’s still in concussion protocol!?!?  It seems like a very long time.  

So are the Bills just trying to keep him on the roster without activating him?  I know he was signed to mentor Allen but why don’t they just hire him on the coaching staff?  Does anyone thing he’ll ever be off the injury report?

There’s no set timetable for recovery.  Most people recover in a few weeks, some take a couple months, some never recover.

Kolb retired because apparently he is still having symptoms, every day.

Hopefully, by the time the Bills need a third string QB to step in and play, Derek will be ready.  Concussions vary greatly in severity and recovery time.  Obviously, he had a bad one.  He would be inactive if he were healthy anyway.