What’s Up With Derek Anderson?

I don’t get the status of Derek Anderson.  He leaves the game versus NE on 10/29 with an apparent concussion and is placed in concussion protocol.  

6 weeks later he’s still in concussion protocol!?!?  It seems like a very long time.  

So are the Bills just trying to keep him on the roster without activating him?  I know he was signed to mentor Allen but why don’t they just hire him on the coaching staff?  Does anyone thing he’ll ever be off the injury report?

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I don’t get the status of Derek Anderson.  He leaves the game versus NE on 10/29 with an apparent concussion and is placed in concussion protocol.  

6 weeks later he’s still in concussion protocol!?!?  It seems like a very long time.  

So are the Bills just trying to keep him on the roster without activating him?  I know he was signed to mentor Allen but why don’t they just hire him on the coaching staff?  Does anyone thing he’ll ever be off the injury report?

You should do research on cocussions and you'll find out there is no set time table for recovery. 

• Like (+1) 2

They signed him to “play” 

that didn’t go well. He’s just here to finish the season, no reason to transition his role in the organization. He may not want to be a coach or whatever and is just collecting a quick check helping out the team. Win win for everyone 

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

do you think they are just using this to keep Anderson off the field.

He may have told management that " I signed up to mentor Allen, but don't put me on the field again"?

Yes I’m kind of wondering that.  Only thing is there probably are big penalties for falsifying injuries like that, so I don’t know what’s up.  If head injuries are this big of an issue, he should just retire

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

He’s getting the questions wrong on purpose so he doesn’t have to play.

Either way he's not likely going to be active unless either Barkley or Allen were to get hurt. Wonder if ther's any type of $$ advantage if you're in concussion protocol maybe consdiered active for some type of bonus $$ where if inactive he doesn't get paid.  So they agreed to keep him that status??

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

You should do research on cocussions and you'll find out there is no set time table for recovery. 

Understood; but he’s doing things practice wise that show he’s not exactly incapacitated. But he definitely took a pounding while playing 

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Yes I’m kind of wondering that.  Only thing is there probably are big penalties for falsifying injuries like that, so I don’t know what’s up.  If head injuries are this big of an issue, he should just retire

Yeah, just bring him back as a coach if that is basically his role now.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

...especially at 35 with some ring rust......he bailed McBeane's azz out when begged to sign......stay in protocol, show up daily with your walker and dark glasses collecting your weekly booty.....any signs of coming out , buy a Louisville Slugger for self infliction......

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Understood; but he’s doing things practice wise that show he’s not exactly incapacitated. But he definitely took a pounding while playing 

Hasn't cleared the last hurdles. Who knows how long that will take. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1