Make or Break Game for Shady

The Dolphins run defense has been abysmal this season.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&season=2018&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

They are 4th in YPG and have given up 13 runs of 20+ yards. I think this game will tell us if Shady has anything left in his tank at all. If he lays an egg, it will be time to say g'bye. If he does rush well, at least we will have hope.

It appears the run defense woes are primarily because they are so thin at the interior DL position (and they released JP 97, ha ha!). That means Shady should not dance around to the outside, but run north south between the D Linemen. Can he still do it?

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

The Dolphins run defense has been abysmal this season.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&season=2018&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

They are 4th in YPG and have given up 13 runs of 20+ yards. I think this game will tell us if Shady has anything left in his tank at all. If he lays an egg, it will be time to say g'bye. If he does rush well, at least we will have hope.

It appears the run defense woes are primarily because they are so thin at the interior DL position (and they released JP 97, ha ha!). That means Shady should not dance around to the outside, but run north south between the D Linemen. Can he still do it?

Its time to embrace the Hunt 

Just now, NewEra said:

Yeah.....a game vs the dolphins is make or break for a HoF RBs career......said no one ever......but you. 

I am sorry - I never said make or break for his career. IMO, it is make or break for whether he has anything left in his tank given the underwhelming season so far. 

6 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I am sorry - I never said make or break for his career. IMO, it is make or break for whether he has anything left in his tank given the underwhelming season so far. 

Yeah, meaning his HoF is over if he doesn’t play well.  That’s exactly what you said in different word.  

If he stinks vs the fins, then should part ways.  Why should we part ways?  Because he’s not good anymore......because he had a bad game vs the dolphins.  Ultimatums are bad

....should be an interesting call.....he's due $6.425 mil and his cap hit is $9.050 mil.....June 1 designated cut is $4.5 mil for 2019 and 2020.........don't see much of a trade value at that number......AP was released and signed for $1.015 mil vet minimum........although the OL is showing signs of improvement, even if they took a quantum leap in 2019, doubt that Shady could be the lead back......at some point, averaging 241 carries per year over his career start to take a toll, like it or not..........

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I know this answer.  Because you are triggered by everything. 

That’s funny. I’m generally nontriggered by just about anything. But there’s two kinds of people I won’t ever tolerate: woman beaters and child molesters. 

• Like (+1) 4

in just another game and Shady won't just suddenly run North n South. He is going to do his thing, like it or not..... I think this year is a wash, and Shady will be back next season and ready to play. He keeps in shape year round and doesn't take big hits during the season..

40 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I keep hearing this type of sentiment from some sports writers. The funny thing is it usually follows criticisms about the offensive line deficiencies and how the Bills need to start finding replacements for the unit.  It's almost as if that criticism has nothing to do with Shady's struggles at all.?

Shady is my favorite player on the Bills and he’s the biggest reason the drought is over...he’s got to stop dancing and just get to the hole.

He knows 100x more about playing RB then I will ever know but he’s trying to make every run a highlight reel run. There comes a time in every RBs career, where they lose a step. Maybe it’s that time, maybe it’s the scheme, maybe it’s the Oline, maybe it’s a little of everything. Either way, get to the hole first, then make a move. That’s the way Ivory does it. That’s the way it works in this offense. Just because it’s different, doesn’t mean it’s bad. Shady can still be excellent. He just has to do it in a different way.

Whatever happens tomorrow, and for the rest of the year, a priority for the Bills next year will be a fast, powerhouse running back for this offense (and several more offensive weapons and lineman, of course).

Shady is over 30 and, while he may have a good year left, the Bills cannot count on that.  The new backs will learn from one of the best and Shady will likely become more productive for the rest of this year, as the offense improves, and next as well, with an improved offense, more weapons, and less reps. 

Shady will also likely become even more important as  a receiver this year and next. This will prolong his career as a dynamic threat.

But a great running back in the draft (or via free agency) will be essential next year, a priority--if the Bills know what they are doing..

Edited by Mister Defense

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My fantasy team is make or break on Shady now.  I have to start Shady for first time this year in Fantasy thanks to the Hunt debacle. Lol, go shady! 

My sincere condolences. There’s always next week/year/decade.