Nick O'Leary Signs a 1-Year Extension with Miami

7 hours ago, T master said:

I don't blame them the Bills should have never let him out the door the guy was always there when the team needed him & he was a team guy & 10 times more dependable than Clay for a lot less money !!

I'll almost bet he burns the Bills for at least one good play during the game today !! 

I hated him getting released...dude always made clutch plays during real games not in preseason...

6 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Potential or not, the bottom line is he has been a more productive WR than O’Leary.  

I'll go with the player who is a natural Tight End over a former QB trying to play Tight End.

O'Leary may not have been a budding All-Pro, but I don't see Thomas becoming more than a 3rd string Tight End.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I'll go with the player who is a natural Tight End over a former QB trying to play Tight End.

O'Leary may not have been a budding All-Pro, but I don't see Thomas becoming more than a 3rd string Tight End.

I guess the point is that neither of them are NFL Tight Ends. You should keep swinging but don’t ever settle for the 3rd TE on one of the worst teams in the league. Hold yourself to a higher standard. Do better.

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I guess the point is that neither of them are NFL Tight Ends. You should keep swinging but don’t ever settle for the 3rd TE on one of the worst teams in the league. Hold yourself to a higher standard. Do better.

Disagree, I think O'Leary is an NFL Tight End.

54 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Then how do you account for the fact that Logan Thomas has been more productive than O’Leary this season?  3rd strong TE or not, he has caught more passes and gained more yards than O’Leary has this season

49 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Disagree, I think O'Leary is an NFL Tight End.

He has 7 more catches and 77 more yards than I do this season. At best, he’s a 3rd TE on a bad team. There’s no reason to ever protect a guy like that. Take a shot on a different fringe guy and hope that he’s better. 

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He has 7 more catches and 77 more yards than I do this season. At best, he’s a 3rd TE on a bad team. There’s no reason to ever protect a guy like that. Take a shot on a different fringe guy and hope that he’s better. 

Complete nonsense. Good teams sign reliable backups on the cheap. He will stick around the NFL for awhile 

6 hours ago, Needle said:

Complete nonsense. Good teams sign reliable backups on the cheap. He will stick around the NFL for awhile 

Has this team suffered at all by trying Croom instead? How many more games would they have won with O’Leary’s 7 catches? The back of roster JAGs are 100% replaceable. As soon as you realize a guy is no better or worse than street FAs, it’s time to try someone new. Whether it works or not you are no worse off. You should NEVER pay for a guy that can be replaced by an UDFA. That’s a poor business decision and typical of the Dolphins. I hope that he hauls in another 1/2 catch a game for them next year for $1.5M.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Like Logan Thomas? A player who is in his 3rd year, and still transitioning to the position?

Again I will go with the player who is a natural at their position.

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Then how do you account for the fact that Logan Thomas has been more productive than O’Leary this season?  3rd strong TE or not, he has caught more passes and gained more yards than O’Leary has this season

I don't know how the Dolphins use him.

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Has this team suffered at all by trying Croom instead? Hoe many more games would they have won with O’Leary’s 7 catches? The back of roster JAGs are 100% replaceable. As soon as you realize a guy is no better or worse than street FAs, it’s time to try someone new. Whether it works or not you are no worse off. You should NEVER pay for a guy that can be replaced by an UDFA. That’s a poor business decision and typical of the Dolphins. I hope that he hauls in another 1/2 catch a game for them next year for $1.5M.

He's 26. Look around the league and you will find tons of quality players who have spent time on practice squads. You will find players who have had to bounce around with different teams until they found their place. You will find TEs that don't fill the fantasy stat sheet but organizations value. Your argument makes it seem like guys can't develop or that anyone less talented than "Jimmy Graham" are worthless. It's a low risk signing that hasn't hurt the Dolphins in the least. You can chase the Charles Clay's if you want but I'd like to see more player development from this team. Also keeping a guy like O'Leary around hardly probibits you from looking for more TEs. 

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Like Logan Thomas? A player who is in his 3rd year, and still transitioning to the position?

Again I will go with the player who is a natural at their position.

I don't know how the Dolphins use him.

My point is that it doesn’t matter. You shouldn’t settle on any of those guys. Next year, try someone else new. You can throw a rock and find the production that those guys give you. Keep cycling through until you find guys that can actually play. 

5 hours ago, Needle said:

He's 26. Look around the league and you will find tons of quality players who have spent time on practice squads. You will find players who have had to bounce around with different teams until they found their place. You will find TEs that don't fill the fantasy stat sheet but organizations value. Your argument makes it seem like guys can't develop or that anyone less talented than "Jimmy Graham" are worthless. It's a low risk signing that hasn't hurt the Dolphins in the least. You can chase the Charles Clay's if you want but I'd like to see more player development from this team. Also keeping a guy like O'Leary around hardly probibits you from looking for more TEs. 

I agree with this. I’m not saying that he is worthless. He’s a JAG. I’m never going to be upset when a JAG moves on. It is refreshing when a franchise doesn’t settle. O’Leary is an average 3rd TE. That’s not a hard role to replace. 

18 hours ago, T master said:

I don't blame them the Bills should have never let him out the door the guy was always there when the team needed him & he was a team guy & 10 times more dependable than Clay for a lot less money !!

I'll almost bet he burns the Bills for at least one good play during the game today !! 

Hahahahahahaha...Croom is a much better TE...already! And Logan Thomas is a good backup. Only problem I have with them getting rid of O'leary is, they didn't send Clay out the door with him....People still crying over a slow.....under average blocker in O'Leary? Please stop it!

1 hour ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Hahahahahahaha...Croom is a much better TE...already! And Logan Thomas is a good backup. Only problem I have with them getting rid of O'leary is, they didn't send Clay out the door with him....People still crying over a slow.....under average blocker in O'Leary? Please stop it!

:lol: It's as if the Bills let a Hall of Fame talent go who has gone on to tear up the league.