Nick O'Leary Signs a 1-Year Extension with Miami

21 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Please he makes 1 TD catch and some people act like he’s Jimmy Graham.  

Before you fans re-write history, keep in mind that O’Leary has 7 catches on the year for 77 yards.  

7 catches is less than any TE’s on the Bills.  O’Leary is a quality #2 or #3 option at TE.  He is an average blocker and average receiver.  

The decision for the Bills was pretty simple.  They elected to go with players like Croom and Thomas who have more potential as receivers at TE.  They can’t get rid of Clay because of contract reasons but they wouldn’t because he too is a better receiver and blocker than O’Leary.

I see him as a marginal player.  One way or the other O’Leary has ZERO effect on the Bills season in 2018.

Potential.

That's all I hear about when it comes to Logan Thomas.

He's in his 3rd year with the Bills. How much longer until that potential comes to fruition?

You also say that O'Leary is an average blocker, which is true.

Have you seen Logan Thomas block? :unsure:

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No he hasn't. He has shown nothing at all. This is year 3 of the Logan Thomas experiment. How long does he get to do something useful?

I honestly think we just keep him so we have an emergency QB. But I don't doubt our TE group next year will be very different.

52 minutes ago, T master said:

I don't blame them the Bills should have never let him out the door the guy was always there when the team needed him & he was a team guy & 10 times more dependable than Clay for a lot less money !!

I'll almost bet he burns the Bills for at least one good play during the game today !! 

he had a huge play against them last year that if memory serves me correctly ended up in a 38 yd. td?

48 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t think he’ll hurt us at all....today. 

I always liked the guy and I’m glad he’s hanging on, but I wish he was helping another team.

Did you know his grandfather.......

Thank God for you.  I thought I was missing out and starting to panic.

58 minutes ago, T master said:

I don't blame them the Bills should have never let him out the door the guy was always there when the team needed him & he was a team guy & 10 times more dependable than Clay for a lot less money !!

I'll almost bet he burns the Bills for at least one good play during the game today !! 

58 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Man. I would rather have Nick than Logan Thomas right now.

never really understood that move.

One word: Croom. 

That is where its at.

The only thing to miss about Nick is the cool trivia question that the announcers incessantly repeated - he is Jack Nickolas' grandson. Yes, WE KNOW ALREADY!

I see where people are coming from, but Logan Thomas, to my eye, is starting to come around. He looks much better as a blocker and has been an okay reciever. There is still some nice potential in there. His route running appears to have improved as well. I do like O'Leary, but I understand why they moved on. Croom is a nice reciever, and an awful blocker, but Thomas still has potential to become an all around tight end. 

I thought he sucked too, but since Clay has been out, he has been the #1 and I think he looks a lot better. 

Just now, BringBackFlutie said:

Someone has to be.  Too many crazies around here for my impressionable mind.  I need an adult!

Ohhh, then some people might say I qualify in years, but maybe not in behavior. 

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Releasing him made no sense, especially given Clay's injury history.

So, you’re saying Clay is still on the team? Who knew? 

O'Leary was okay, but no great loss.  I can see why the Bills let him walk.  Thomas is a horrible blocker.  They need to just use him as a WR.  In fact,  the Bills don't have a TE on the roster who is a great blocker.  Clay is just okay.  Croom is more WR too.  The Bills can do better at that position in general.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yes I have. He was very compelling in The Shining.

latest?cb=20140512045133

Was that me waiting for the school bus in High School? Striking resemblance! 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Was that me waiting for the school bus in High School? Striking resemblance! 

My kids tell me that experience scarred me for life.

I agree. 

• Haha (+1) 1