Anonymous Poll: Would you support a Bills waiver claim for Kareem Hunt?

StHustle

Kareem Hunt in a Bills uni? Would you accept it?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support Kareem Hunt playing for the Bills next year? **PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU WATCHED THE TMZ VIDEO (Nobody will know how you vote SO BE HONEST!)

• No, I would not support such a thing.
    • Yes, I think he deserves a second chance and would love it to be here.

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I disagree.

What would have happened if there were no witnesses?

What would have happened if there weren't two men and a woman holding him back throughout his attempt to attack the woman?

Hunt was completely out of control, and only stopped from doing major physical harm by the fact that his entourage did what they could to prevent the attack. 

If that were true he would have done more than push the woman when she 1st approached him in the video. 

I think he obviously needs counseling (long term not a six month program or something), but I am all for second chances if a person is sincerely remorseful.

9 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I'm on the fence about programs and classes to change behavior. It has to be the person wanting to change and they have to make an honest effort. I've seen many people attend programs and a lot of them were there just to act like they're bettering themselves but go right back to what they were doing but with more caution so they don't get caught again. People would go back to giving them the benefit of the doubt because of the program while the person continued their ways. 

Fair enough but would you prefer a person not attending a program and promising not to do it again.  

The truth is that a lot of people that do these types of things lack the tools to manage their emotions.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills have largely avoided criticism for keeping Shady after all the allegations he has had ... mainly due to lack of evidence but there was the video with him fighting the off duty cops. But lots of accusations thrown out a lot him over the years about women, kid, dog abuse... just saying, they’ve stood by him and wouldn’t expect them to pick up another guy with actual evidence of this 

Completely different situations.  In Shady's fight with the off duty cops, some of the witnesses said the cops instigated the fight.  They certainly didn't shy away from it.   The allegations of Shady hitting women never came from credible sources.   The police never pressed charges because there was no clear evidence Shady did anything wrong.  

Here we have video of Hunt instigating the violence and later escalating it by knocking the woman to the floor and kicking her.  Hunt's wrong-doing is both disgusting and indisputable.  

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I get what you are saying. But let me ask you does he learn at all when another team just immediately re-employs him. 

Just get tired of the excuses made for these adults because they can run fast. Chiefs did the right thing. And I would be disgusted with my team if they claimed him. 

So essentially they are not smart enough to walk away I guess. Always have to be the Alpha Male 

I'm not sure it's a matter of "smart", though for sure these guys are not being selected for their mental acuity. 

My kid dated a football player her freshman year.  Nose tackle.  Fundamentally a decent kid.  Came from a rough part of town, attended her school on a scholarship.   Mom worked 2 full-time jobs.  Dad in jail.   He was very sweet to my kid and respectful to us, but he made it clear all the time he came from a background of crap unhealthy relationships of every kind and that was what he knew.  I don't know how to explain it.  I could see it all the time from little to big things.  My kid was, and I was, all the time explaining stuff that everyone here would be "well durrr" but he was blind to.   Anyway, my kid said what he'd grown up with was, someone pushes you, push them back harder.  Someone hits you, hit them back harder.  Don't let anyone "disrespect" you in any way, ever.   Bringing in someone else to help solve a problem - teacher, counselor, security guard - just wasn't part of the picture.  A lot of anger simmering under the surface, all the time.   After ~6 months, my kid got tired of the drama and ended it.  Can't say it made me sad.

Football is a very violent game.  As Eric Woods said, "you can do things on the football field that are severely illegal anywhere else".  I think a lot of these guys have a lot of anger, and between the whistles on a football field is a socially acceptable way of getting it out.   The problem is what they do with their anger off season and the "code of conduct" they've learned.  Some of them adapt and figure it out in civilian life.  Some of them don't. 

I'm not making excuses for Hunt, his behavior was unacceptable and wrong. 

I'm just saying his behavior has a context, and if I were another team, whether I wanted him or not would depend on understanding that context and how Hunt sees it now.

• Like (+1) 2

I would not sign Hunt at this particular moment.

However if the jurisdictional law enforcement agencies confirm that no charges have been or will be filed, I would off him a three year contract at league minimum with no signing bonus and a roster bonus for 2020.  Hunt will not play again in 2018.  The NFL will slap him with a 6 game suspension as is their right regardless of the legal situation.  Hunt's actions have brought serious negative publicity to the NFL as a whole so the NFL is within their rights to suspend or even ban him outright.

Structure a contract at league minimum for the remainder of 2019 while he sits at home.  League minimum for 2020 and 2021.  If he keeps out of trouble and performs on the field, by 2021 this will have blown over.  Give him a nice roster bonus in 2021 and negotiate a long term extension

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I get what you are saying. But let me ask you does he learn at all when another team just immediately re-employs him. 

Just get tired of the excuses made for these adults because they can run fast. Chiefs did the right thing. And I would be disgusted with my team if they claimed him. 

So essentially they are not smart enough to walk away I guess. Always have to be the Alpha Male 

Chiefs didn’t do the right thing.  Right thing would have been to cut Tyreek Hill too.  Tyreek Hill was guilty of way worse and actual domestic abuse.  

So I give Chiefs no “kudos” because they cut someone only after TMZ shares a video.  They didn’t cut Hunt because of a stance against violence against women, otherwise they would cut Hill too.  They cut Hunt over a PR issue.

6 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I think he deserves a second chance but he won't get it here.

McBeane are not yet at the point in the process where they would take on a rehabilitation project.

...paging Boy Danny Snyder.......AP will be all done so he can devote his time to child rearing...........prolly gets an Everlast endorsement........

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

With respect, it's not limited to women.  As soon as someone is known to have money, there's no shortage of folks willing to help them spend it  - not just women, but "investment advisors", friends and relatives who need a little help "just this once" with the rent, teammates who show them how to "live the lifestyle" getting expensive manicures and haircuts, pals who expect them to foot the tab for "a night out" and a great party.

IMHO, the women are probably the least of the problems these guys face.

And that's how celebrities end up losing touch with reality they get surrounded by these people that only tell them yes and stroke their ego.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I'd honestly rather he not get picked up until the offseason to help cement how serious this is to him.

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Chiefs didn’t do the right thing.  Right thing would have been to cut Tyreek Hill too.  Tyreek Hill was guilty of way worse and actual domestic abuse.  

So I give Chiefs no “kudos” because they cut someone only after TMZ shares a video.  They didn’t cut Hunt because of a stance against violence against women, otherwise they would cut Hill too.  They cut Hunt over a PR issue.

So these are the comments that confused me in that other thread. I asked if there had been another incident since he got dropped by OSU and I was told there hadn't been. You post makes it look like they should cut Hill because from the incident but they brought him in knowing about it.

I know zip about this this abuse issue. This thread was the first I heard about it. I tend to give folks the benefit of the doubt, and Mr. Hunt is innocent until the court says otherwise. So, yes. Can never have too many good RBs.

26 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I know zip about this this abuse issue. This thread was the first I heard about it. I tend to give folks the benefit of the doubt, and Mr. Hunt is innocent until the court says otherwise. So, yes. Can never have too many good RBs.

That's already been decided with the case investigated and closed by law enforcement with no charges filed. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

14 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

So in most cases, he won’t be charged with a crime unless there are.visible injuries. If there weren’t that’s going to be very tough. As we all know, there is a video of what he did and the nfl does not care what the court says. They are their own judge and jury and will determine whether and when he plays. Just because he’s not incarcerated doesnt mean he’s automatically eligible to represent the shield. The same is true of a fan - using your own compass,  do you care about his actions enough to not want him on your team? If not, vote yes. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

NO!

You never hit a women....ever.

Did he hit a woman?

It looked more like a shoving confrontation that ended with a 50% effort kick to her butt.

Im more outraged over the fact of how silly it all looked vs a “brutal” attack.

I don’t condone his actions there, but I’d take him in a heartbeat. Now Ray Rice, Rueben Foster repeat etc. No way.

I just think there’s guys on here trying to take some super high road etc. This was just a silly drunken mess a lot of shoving. The only swing I saw was her trying to hit him.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Can you press "PLAY"?

• Haha (+1) 4

I’m in no way condoning what Hunt did, but it’s not half as bad as Joe Mixon landing a haymaker on that girl in a bar.  Yet he was allowed into the league without any real issue. Mixon actually broke bones in the girls face and also was brought up on charges... In this instance Police investigated, he was never charged with anything. NFL obviously has had access to this video for some time and were hoping it wouldn’t come out, atleast not during the season. 

Personally I see a whole lot of over reactions on here.  You guys think stuff like this isn’t going down almost every week with young, rich athletes full of testosterone?  Was he wrong? ABSOLUTELY... but let’s not act like this is War Machine and Christy Mack. He got out of line, he pushed some dude too hard and he bumped into the girl, then he gave her an unnecessary kick (more like a shove with his foot than a full on kick).

Nobody has had a problem rooting for the giant pile of ***** that is Shady McCoy and his laundry list of issues.

Or the fact that there is a murderers name on the Wall of Fame... but yeah, let’s over react to something that the authorities didn’t feel was worth bringing him up on charges for.

Edited by ThunderGun
  • Like (+1) 1