Anonymous Poll: Would you support a Bills waiver claim for Kareem Hunt?

StHustle

Kareem Hunt in a Bills uni? Would you accept it?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support Kareem Hunt playing for the Bills next year? **PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU WATCHED THE TMZ VIDEO (Nobody will know how you vote SO BE HONEST!)

• No, I would not support such a thing.
    • Yes, I think he deserves a second chance and would love it to be here.

This may be in the other thread, I have not waded back in there this morning. It does fit this thread too, however, maybe even better (from the Kansas City Star newspaper). 

Chiefs’ Kareem Hunt is unemployed ... but not for his violence against a woman

One bit of logistics before we proceed. The Chiefs, according to a source, knew immediately upon seeing the video that Hunt would never play for them again. They waited until the NFL put him on the Commissioner Exempt List to ensure he wouldn’t play against them this season.

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Get a grip man. Was simply pointing this out from the standpoint of the mandatory 6 game suspension I have seen many people talk about. But to answer your question honestly, it would depend on what the situation is.

If my female family member is out having drinks at a hotel party and gets belligerent, call a guys girlfriend a B word, swings on her, spits in her boyfirends face call him a n*****, and walks out of there with no injuries. I'd say what happened to her wasn't so bad.  AGAIN, the way he handled it was not right, but it's amazing how the female's behavior is TOTALLY disregarded in being the complete catalyst to this situation. 

Women who behave like this toward police officers learn really quick their genitalia wont save them. But somehow an intoxicated man is scum of the earth because he makes a mistake. Show me Hunt has some history of violence towards women or even violence period. There are too many hypocrites chiming in to even count. Again, if your worst moment in life was caught on tape, odds are you'd be considered a scumbag by the general public as well. Does that make it true though?!?

Hunts entourage made claims that’s how it went down in terms of her using the n word, but that’s a he said she said, and believe what ever you want about what I’m about to say, but my worst moments in my life have never involved striking a female. My point is simply that there are some things you never do, and unless it’s a matter of life and death (she pulled a gun or knife on him) which this was not, it’s never ok to do what he did, period. I get you want to dress it up in the cloak of the nfl’s conduct policy and whatever suspensions come with that and that should be the end of it,  but I have no respect for him and the fact that you have spent so much of your time defending Hunt’s indefensible conduct against a 19 yr old woman, means it’s pointless to try to convince you of just how untenable him coming to Buffalo should be. I’m done with this. 

2 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Just posing a question... what's morally worse? Brutally torturing and killing dogs for entertainment or what Hunt was caught doing?

No question what Vick did. That was my biggest fear when we hired Rex, that Vick would end up on the team. Not sure I could have gone on supporting the Bills if that happened.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Nope. 

I can tolerate alot but you hit a woman and you deserve to ROT 

I’ve already said I wouldn’t sign Hunt if I were Buffalo but he didn’t hit her... not sure what video you watched. 

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’ve already said I wouldn’t sign Hunt if I were Buffalo but he didn’t hit her... not sure what video you watched. 

Easy the first 15 seconds of the video is all you need to see him lay his hands on a woman. So yeah he should ROT 

video is pretty clear of him agressively laying his hands on a woman and would have been alot worse without the people there because he kept going back at her what a coward 

Edited by MAJBobby

8 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Just curious. Why would him attending a program make you feel better? 

It would depend for me: is he forced to take some kind of anger management/situational coaching program or is he open to doing it?

A lot of these guys grow up around violence.  Their neighborhoods are full of it, their families are full of it.  They don't know any way to resolve any conflicts without muscle.

Ever read the book "Hillbilly Elegy"?   The author becomes a success by any measure - Marine, honorable discharge, graduates from Ohio State University and then Yale Law School, marries a fellow law student.  He's made it.  Life is great.  And then, tucked into the end as an afterthought, he reveals to the reader that the counterproductive and destructive ways of solving problems and handling relationships that he learned as a child have followed him into his successful life, and he needs to put serious work into changing his ways.

My guess is that's probably where Hunt is.  In his home, likely you didn't call police or hotel security to solve your problems or ask the concierge to call a cab for someone you want to get rid of and give them $40 to cover it.  And yes, if you let a woman "disrespect" you by shoving or slapping at you, you're seen as "whipped" and weak.  So better, less violent ways of dealing with a problem aren't in his vocabulary or the vocabularies of his 'entourage'.

I don't think one incident makes a guy an irreclaimable pariah.  The question is just where he sees himself.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Easy the first 15 seconds of the video is all you need to see him lay his hands on a woman. So yeah he should ROT 

video is pretty clear of him agressively laying his hands on a woman and would have been alot worse without the people there because he kept going back at her what a coward 

Ok, well you said he hit her.  He did not.  

I agree that he shoudlve walked away and there should be consequences for his actions.  

As for “rotting”.  Lol ok.  Sureeee. 

Do feminists think....

[Moderators think if you want to initiate general discussion of feminism and what feminists think, take it to PPP or to another forum.  Football spoken here, which includes discussion of Stuff Football Players Do and what we think of it - but not generalized politics or philosophy.  Thanks.]

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate discussion

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ok, well you said he hit her.  He did not.  

I agree that he shoudlve walked away and there should be consequences for his actions.  

As for “rotting”.  Lol ok.  Sureeee. 

So playing semantics I see. Well lets use the Legal Term then. 

Physically Assaulted a woman. There better. 

He wont rot I get it why because of Morally reprehensible teams like Washington. 

Physically Assualt a woman is OK. But ***** dont kneel for the anthem 

Edited by MAJBobby

I think he will definitely be picked up by someone and play again. This isn't like Ray Rice, where he knocked a girl out cold and dragged her from the elevator. And Ray was at the end of career and not very good at that point. Not worth the risk / reward for any team. Have you seen the video of the Joe Mixon right hook to a girls face? It's 10x more violent. He gets drafted in the 2nd round. Nobody even talks about that incident or even cares it seems. He's on one my ff squads lol. So yeah I think Hunt will 100% play in the NFL again. Would I take him on Buffalo? Would you guys be as upset if the Bills traded for Mixon for a 6th rounder? People would probably be cartwheeling that we fleeced Cincy in the trade. Kareem will land somewhere and next season this will seem like an afterthought. Not defending the situation, that's just what I think will happen. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

So playing semantics I see. Well lets use the Legal Term then. 

Physically Assaulted a woman. There better. 

He wont rot I get it why because of Morally reprehensible teams like Washington. 

Physically Assualt a woman is OK. But ***** dont kneel for the anthem 

I don’t think everyone needs to be so simplistic about this.  

You can feel Kareem Hunt deserves the consequences coming his way and also believe that there is a big issue with how some women are entrapping/instigating young men with fame/money.  

• Like (+1) 1

He'll play again, no doubt. 

He's talented enough for NFL teams to overlook the incident. 

I don't expect the Bills to go after him, but stranger things have happened. There has been no shortage of smoke around Shady lately. 

On a side note, I don't know why these star athletes allow their crew to have cameras when they go out. Seriously. Go rent out a bar, arrange transportation there, hire security, allow no cameras and random ass people to show up,  have a good time, arrange transportation home, repeat. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

You can feel Kareem Hunt deserves the consequences coming his way and also believe that there is a big issue with how some women are entrapping/instigating young men with fame/money.  

Did he need to come out of his room?  Was there no phone for calling security? Did he need to physically assault a female? 

See thats the problems people want to make excuses for these adults. Happens their entire life. So again it is OK to leave your room and physically assualt a female I guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

With respect, it's not limited to women.  As soon as someone is known to have money, there's no shortage of folks willing to help them spend it  - not just women, but "investment advisors", friends and relatives who need a little help "just this once" with the rent, teammates who show them how to "live the lifestyle" getting expensive manicures and haircuts, pals who expect them to foot the tab for "a night out" and a great party.

IMHO, the women are probably the least of the problems these guys face.

• Like (+1) 1