Anonymous Poll: Would you support a Bills waiver claim for Kareem Hunt?

StHustle

Kareem Hunt in a Bills uni? Would you accept it?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support Kareem Hunt playing for the Bills next year? **PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU WATCHED THE TMZ VIDEO (Nobody will know how you vote SO BE HONEST!)

• No, I would not support such a thing.
    • Yes, I think he deserves a second chance and would love it to be here.

Why do we need Kareem Hunt? 

We need an elite Oline to protect Allen; we need at least 2 WR; and 1 TE. 

Andy Reid converted a 6th round RB in Ware into a really good player in 2016. 

Then Reid and that oline took a 3rd round RB in Hunt and made him an excellent RB. 

Hunt would be nothing more than an average, dime a dozen RB on the Bills. There is nothing particularly special about Hunt as a RB - he plays on an offense that has an excellent offensive mind/personnel running it. 

Can we bring Any Reid and co. Over with Hunt? Then id be all-in. 

5 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

NO!

You never hit a women....ever.

This is so dumb and overplayed.  You don't hit a woman if she is attacking your wife, your mother, your child?  You don't hit a woman if she is attacking you with a knife or a baseball bat?  You don't hit a woman if she is beating you over and over and won't stop despite you trying to walk away?  It may take a lot, but to say you never hit a woman just because she is a woman no matter what she does is just asinine.

• Like (+1) 1

I voted yes for a few reasons, including:

I think he deserves a second chance

a potential position of need for bills

he’s seems to be a rare talent/asset

because the poll question is a “yes or no” type question, I will enter the following caveats:

assumption that bills did their homework regarding the player/character issues etc, before submitting claim

bills sit him for some period of time

reworked contract that includes special protections in the bills favor. 

This is nothing like the Ray Rice incident. He gives her a small shove and kicks her lighter than I would kick my kids when we are play fighting. I would bet that she doesn't have one bruise. I do have one question for these women? Why do you instigate the encounter and then keep walking towards the agitated persons. I was once in a bar with the wrestler Big Sexy and I can tell you there is no way I would keep walking towards him if we had a verbal dispute. I really think Hunt has learned from this very small incident and I would bet that it never happens again. This would be a huge pickup for us and would save us a 1st or 2nd rd pick when Shady falls off which I think is soon.

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Only way I'm even remotely comfortable with it is if he agrees to go through some sort of program to deal with his issues.

A program? What for PR reasons? He isn't changing. He is what he is.

Edited by LTF

I don't get the options in the poll. I'd vote for second chance for him, and I'd do such thing if I was Bills GM (if after some really tough conversation with Hunt I was convinced that he realizes what he has done and after he serves his ban), but I cannot vote for "would love it to be here". It is hard to "love" somebody as Hunt to play for Bills.

4 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

This is so dumb and overplayed.  You don't hit a woman if she is attacking your wife, your mother, your child?  You don't hit a woman if she is attacking you with a knife or a baseball bat?  You don't hit a woman if she is beating you over and over and won't stop despite you trying to walk away?  It may take a lot, but to say you never hit a woman just because she is a woman no matter what she does is just asinine.

I agree with what I think you’re trying to say. 

It seems like the “shouldn’t beat your wife” movement got turned into “no possible reason to ever strike a woman”. I don’t know why some people think this is gospel. It is some weird perversion of reality. 

I’ll always stand by my view that I want the Bills to put the best team on the field.

If it doesn’t hurt the locker room, then I’m on board with a talent at RB like Hunt.

He may be a POS, and at some point you would have to cut bait if he got in more trouble like KC really had to, but I’d claim him with a zero tolerance policy attached.

The “you never hit a woman” crowd are just some white knights trying to low-key look macho by saying that.  

The correct phrasing should be “there are rarely circumstances where a man hitting a woman is acceptable”. 

This isn’t 1940 or whatever these dudes act like it is. It seems alcohol and public perception has given a certain type of woman license to act however they want to instigate, attack and provoke men, then scream victim if the man defends themselves. 

That being said.... even if this woman was annoying, confrontational and called Kareem Hunt the N word, he had enough people there to form a barrier and should’ve just walked away.  

If it ended before the kick, it would be a different story, but to walk back over and kick a woman on the ground, who’s not at all a threat to you, was too much.   I wouldn’t sign him. 

Edited by SCBills

Agreed this isn't near the Ray Rice incident.   Reporting now was the two police reports content including the woman's statement of the beef.  Hunt and his buds determined the girl was not of the age of consent, and they ask her to leave.   She did not want to leave or to participate in adult acts.  Hunt and co were basically kicking her out of the suite.  Still, didin't go about that in the correct manner.  The police let the issue slide.......fault on both sides, and Hunt was actually doing the right thing in asking her to leave.  On the other hand, Hunt apparently lied to the KC Chief team administration....and, that, allegedly was the cause of the release.  I can understand that, can't pay millions to a guy who isn't straight with you.  So, I voted no.......bad character guy.....a liar.

I'm surprised so many people are downplaying the video. Based on the comments, when I went to watch it for the first time I expected some pushing and shoving but nothing too bad. Then halfway through the video he bull rushes her, she falls backwards and appears to smack her head against the wall. That moment alone makes this an easy no for me. He is also being restrained from going after her again. I don't see any way you can argue that what he did wasn't a big deal. Not as bad as what Mixon or Rice did but still deserving of consequences. If KC didn't have a history of domestic violence I think he'd just be suspended a few games or the whole season at most. I still don't want him here.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The “you never hit a woman” crowd are just some white knights trying to low-key look macho by saying that.  

The correct phrasing should be “there are rarely circumstances where a man hitting a woman is acceptable”. 

This isn’t 1940 or whatever these dudes act like it is. It seems alcohol and public perception has given a certain type of woman license to act however they want to instigate, attack and provoke men then scream victim of the man defends themselves. 

That being said.... even if this woman was annoying, confrontational and called Kareem Hunt the N word, he had enough people there to form a barrier and should’ve just walked away.  

If it ended before the kick, it would be a different story but to walk back over and kick a woman on the ground, who’s not at all a threat to you, was too much.  

That kick was the equivalent of patting someone on the back. I think he handled it wrong but he did use massive restraint when he pushed her. The kick is blown way out of perporsion, he basically touches her with his foot. If the pats get this guy I am going to be pissed.

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

That kick was the equivalent of patting someone on the back. I think he handled it wrong but he did use massive restraint when he pushed her. The kick is blown way out of perporsion, he basically touches her with his foot. If the pats get this guy I am going to be pissed.

I don’t necessarily disagree, but the optics of it are so bad.   He could’ve walked away even after all the shoving and probably been ok.  The kick, no matter how light, was a bridge too far. 

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If the kick was the worst thing he did he wouldn't be off the team. That was more a power move than a real intent to harm. Still incredibly stupid but not worthy of being cut over. But knocking someone over so hard they hit their head is like playing Russian roulette, and at his size and strength he has to know better than that. People have died from less.

If the cops aren't pressing charges there's a reason. There are scores of women out there trying to entrap rich and famous men in such scenarios. Hunt may have shown bad judgement by exposing himself to such people but if he hasn't been charged he should be able to resume his livelihood. 

Many others who have done much worse got second chances. I'm not willing to incriminate Hunt on the tape alone. The tape doesn't tell what led up to it. I presume Hunt didn't just walk up to her and strike her for sport. 

The NFL is not choirboy club. It is a violent sport played by men who have been told they're special from an early because of their athleticism.

Now do I think the Bills should run out and sign him? I don't think that Hunt is a special talent and I don't know that our organization needs the distraction. 

I refuse to join the outrage based on what I've seen. 

• Like (+1) 1