Chiefs release Kareem Hunt after video from February incident surfaces

YoloinOhio

20 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

If anyone needs a breather from this joyless topic, check out the Robert Foster thread next door—highly recommended and should restore some seasonal cheer!!

The good stories never get the press.

Good job on R Foster. I wanted this team to go young at WR (Jones, Foster, Dupree, Proehl and RayRay) early on, but my post was too inflammatory calling those old WRs bums. You know guys like KB and Andre Holmes.

It's December and they are still bums.

Zay Jones and R Foster are the better looking WRs now, like I predicted.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rd Inning said:

Does anyone know the back story?

People with IQs above room temperature are able to recognize varying degrees of wrongdoing.

This is true and apparently you seem to think that Hunt deserves a pass and would welcome this cancer on your team. Congrats on being one of those guys. How terrible. 

He will get a second chance somewhere....he was already in counciling before being cut....the Chiefs have requested the NFL continue providing him with counseling.  He is 23, very talented and has an oppertunitiy to EARN a second chance with someone.  He specifically told the Chiefs he never left his hotel room MULTIPLE times.  He lied to them straight up.  That is why he was cut.

I'd be willing to make a small wager that he is claimed by the Eagles before the deadline expires monday.  

He made several poor choices that day...alcohol with underage females..confronting said females...not calling security to get them out of his hotel/appartment, not having his "crew" keep him out of the spotlight and handling this and making it go away with him out of the picture...etc etc....and then, lying about it to the team.  He would NOT be cut if he had just said what he did.  The team would have used every resource it had to rehab the guy, and protect him.

If I were the Bills....I would study it closely for sure......he IS going to play again...and it could be in a Bills uniform....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

Sounds like a reasonable scenario, assuming Hunt doesn’t end up in jail.  I wish Goodell would suspend him for the entire 2019 season.  The thug can kiss any endorsements goodbye and, with no degree and a reputation as a woman beater, his prospects for any employment are slim.

He has a degree in criminal justice. He would fit in great there. That profession has a long history of domestic violence.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

15 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

He has a degree in criminal justice. He would fit in great there. That profession has a long history of domestic violence.

!

My bad.  I was under the impression he came out after his junior year.

Sounds like he’d make a great jailhouse lawyer!

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

He will get a second chance somewhere....he was already in counciling before being cut....the Chiefs have requested the NFL continue providing him with counseling.  He is 23, very talented and has an oppertunitiy to EARN a second chance with someone.  He specifically told the Chiefs he never left his hotel room MULTIPLE times.  He lied to them straight up.  That is why he was cut.

I'd be willing to make a small wager that he is claimed by the Eagles before the deadline expires monday.  

He made several poor choices that day...alcohol with underage females..confronting said females...not calling security to get them out of his hotel/appartment, not having his "crew" keep him out of the spotlight and handling this and making it go away with him out of the picture...etc etc....and then, lying about it to the team.  He would NOT be cut if he had just said what he did.  The team would have used every resource it had to rehab the guy, and protect him.

If I were the Bills....I would study it closely for sure......he IS going to play again...and it could be in a Bills uniform....

Thanks for the gouge, votlz.  Good to know the Chiefs requested the NFL to keep providing the counseling.

Yeah, I can see where telling the team something that is easily and verifiably false would be a flag for them.

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

I just had my 15-year-old son watch.  I didn't say a word while he watched.  When it was over, I asked him to tell me what he took away from it:

1.  They were both in the wrong.

2.  A man should never put his hands on a woman.

3.  No one (man or woman) should go after someone else and think that nothing is going to happen in return.

4.  The kick was the worst part because she was already on the ground.

5.  He (Hunt) did not react like a man should.

I think he nailed it pretty well.

Sounds like a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. Hope that you that showed him how proud you were by taking him for drinks at a tittie bar. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Sounds like a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. Hope that you that showed him how proud you were by taking him for drinks at a tittie bar. 

He had to take a rain check.  I spent all my money last weekend teaching him how to pick out decent hookers.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Taking him out for drinks at the strip club...my god man didn't you read the whole post? His kid's 15 years old! He should be showing him how to blow lines and get cheap champagne room handies. 

8 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

I think that is pretty fair. If he had admitted the incident to the Chiefs he would probably have served some sort of suspension and then returned to the team. But to do it and lie to then they felt the trust was breached. 

That said even if he had have admitted it the video leaking does change perceptions. This is not on the Ray Rice video scale but still it being out there does often cloud what people thought was their honest judgment. 

1 minute ago, peterpan said:

This may be somewhere in the 28 pages but whats the timeline on when he can be claimed/when it will be announced??

Monday at 4 PM we'll know.

Kareem Hunt is facing more than just six-game ban

Recently released Kansas City Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt will learn his immediate fate on Monday at 4 p.m. ET when the waiver wire comes out. Hunt might not learn until the offseason when he'll be allowed to step on a field for an NFL team again.

That wait is expected to end with a lengthy suspension.

According to sources with direct knowledge of the situation, Hunt faces more than the baseline six-game suspension for violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy. The league also has been investigating an incident involving Hunt allegedly punching a man in the face at an Ohio resort in June. The NFL is believed to have found enough from that incident to add to Hunt's discipline.

Since penalties for two incidents aren't likely to be served independently of each other -- and because the clock on a suspension doesn't begin when a player is on the Reserve/Commissioner Exempt List -- Hunt could sit out not only the rest of the 2018 season, but well into the 2019 season.

That's assuming a team signs him to play, which is not a given.

This all played out Friday when TMZ published a surveillance video from a Cleveland hotel showing Hunt shoving and kicking a woman. The Chiefs released him after stating he lied to them by greatly minimizing the incident. He later apologized in a statement: "I deeply regret what I did. I hope to move on from this."

The NFL, which never closed its investigation into Hunt, hopes to move quickly. It likely will make another attempt to reach the victims -- there were multiple attempts previously by email and phone to no avail -- and Hunt also will be interviewed.

Kareem Hunt faces more than baseline six-game suspension

but nothing was going to happen?

Recently released Kansas City Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt will learn his immediate fate on Monday at 4 p.m. ET when the waiver wire comes out. Hunt might not learn until the offseason when he'll be allowed to step on a field for an NFL team again.

According to sources with direct knowledge of the situation, Hunt faces more than the baseline six-game suspension for violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy. The league also has been investigating an incident involving Hunt allegedly punching a man in the face at an Ohio resort in June. The NFL is believed to have found enough from that incident to add to Hunt's discipline.

Since penalties for two incidents aren't likely to be served independently of each other -- and because the clock on a suspension doesn't begin when a player is on the Reserve/Commissioner Exempt List -- Hunt could sit out not only the rest of the 2018 season, but well into the 2019 season.

36 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Monday at 4 PM we'll know.

Kareem Hunt is facing more than just six-game ban

This all played out Friday when TMZ published a surveillance video from a Cleveland hotel showing Hunt shoving and kicking a woman. The Chiefs released him after stating he lied to them by greatly minimizing the incident. He later apologized in a statement: "I deeply regret what I did. I hope to move on from this."

The NFL, which never closed its investigation into Hunt, hopes to move quickly. It likely will make another attempt to reach the victims -- there were multiple attempts previously by email and phone to no avail -- and Hunt also will be interviewed.