Chiefs release Kareem Hunt after video from February incident surfaces

YoloinOhio

Did you guys watch all the videos?  TMZ is sensationalizing the one video for click bait.  But there are other videos...interviews with her, interviews with witnesses, interviews with Hunt, etc.  Compiling them all together, this doesn't look anything near Ray Rice, and the girl was physically assaulting Hunts girlfriend and Hunt too.

I am VERY anti domestic abuse, laying hands on women, etc.  But this is such a far cry from what Ray Rice was.  Police were all over this 9 months ago with tons of video footage and interviews, and not a single charge has been filed.  

I dont know if this is going to be what TMZ or some others are trying to make it be as the NFL will take all evidence into consideration, not just the headline of TMZ trying to sensationalize the video.   

Not a good look for Hunt, but also the one video presented by TMZ doesn't really tell the whole story and is exaggerated in its narrative.

Edited by Alphadawg7

6 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

She came to him trying to fight. After my ex came at me with a knife I stopped caring about what sex the person attacking me is. You want to cause harm to me I have every right to defend my self and so does kareem. They want to be equal and fight but once you respond you're in the wrong. It's *****. Good for Kareem not hauling off on her. He pushed her away when she kept coming. Don't care if you don't like it or what you have to say about me. Someone wants to hurt you put them in the ground. 

What? Did I watch a different video than you? They were obviously arguing.. he pushed her WITHOUT her ever touching him. That by sheer definition is Assault.  Also this is worse then Ray Rice because he not only assaulted her but the people trying keep it from happening. Many has billion dollar legs but a 10 cent brain here.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How would the people in his own locker room not just beat the living ***** out of him? If any of them have daughters, or sisters, or wives or mothers...Someone in that locker room should let him know that’s not okay with an absolute beat down

For what? Pushing someone away that wants to fight you? 

6 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Man.  I don't know.

Everyone has known about this for months and nothing happened, but given the Reuben Foster story popping up and the league needing to pretend they care about this issue for PR, this is bad timing for Hunt that this video went public.

..doubt it makes a rat's azz bit of difference....societal pressures about Kaep linger on while the product STILL sells on Sundays......and advertisers STILL advertise......where else would they spend their Sunday dollars on an institutionalized day of football?....Bonanza or I Love Lucy reruns?.....NFL football is the John Gotti "Teflon Don" of professional sports.....breaking news nine months hence hardly hurts the NFL......

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Did you guys watch all the videos?  TMZ is sensationalizing the one video for click bait.  But there are other videos...interviews with her, interviews with witnesses, interviews with Hunt, etc.  Compiling them all together, this doesn't look anything near Ray Rice, and the girl was physically assaulting Hunts girlfriend and Hunt too.

I am VERY anti domestic abuse, laying hands on women, etc.  But this is such a far cry from what Ray Rice was.  Police were all over this 9 months ago with tons of video footage and interviews, and not a single charge has been filed.  

I dont know if this is going to be what TMZ or some others are trying to make it be as the NFL will take all evidence into consideration, not just the headline of TMZ trying to sensationalize the video.   

Not a good look for Hunt, but also the one video presented by TMZ doesn't really tell the whole story and is exaggerated in its narrative.

Unless they cooperate and want to press charges no charges can be filed.

also Big Ben got 4 games for being ACCUSED of sexual misconduct in a bathroom.. even though the woman recanted and said she lied later.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Did you guys watch all the videos?  TMZ is sensationalizing the one video for click bait.  But there are other videos...interviews with her, interviews with witnesses, interviews with Hunt, etc.  Compiling them all together, this doesn't look anything near Ray Rice, and the girl was physically assaulting Hunts girlfriend too.  

And I am not trying to down play, and there may be some very necessary action against Hunt that need to happen once full investigation is done, but if you watch all videos its not so easy to understand the whole story of what went down.  And the contact he directly made on her was minimal.  Biggest incident was him pushing his friend off him and that guy fell into her.  

I largely agree.  It's not Ray Rice.  It is being exaggerated by TMZ.  But it's really not a good look, this issue just popped up again with Foster, video changes opinions and it's really bad timing for Hunt & the Chiefs. If it was thoroughly investigated by the league and found to be nothing, I'm not sure a suspension is warranted, at the same time the league has shown themselves to be VERY reactionary with things like this.

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

For what? Pushing someone away that wants to fight you? 

Didn’t your parents teach you to NEVER be the first one to throw or lay hands on the other person first? I mean is he that afraid of a much smaller woman hitting him? Come on man!

11 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

She came to him trying to fight. After my ex came at me with a knife I stopped caring about what sex the person attacking me is. You want to cause harm to me I have every right to defend my self and so does kareem. They want to be equal and fight but once you respond you're in the wrong. It's *****. Good for Kareem not hauling off on her. He pushed her away when she kept coming. Don't care if you don't like it or what you have to say about me. Someone wants to hurt you put them in the ground. 

Except this women did not have a knife. You are insane and should seek some help.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

I largely agree.  It's not Ray Rice.  It is being exaggerated by TMZ.  But it's really not a good look, this issue just popped up again with Foster, video changes opinions and it's really bad timing for Hunt & the Chiefs. If it was thoroughly investigated by the league and found to be nothing, I'm not sure a suspension is warranted, at the same time the league has shown themselves to be VERY reactionary with things like this.

Yeah, I hear you for sure, definitely not a good look.  However, I think all the video evidence here actually helps Hunt where that was lacking in some other cases.  I think the video actually shows that the contact Hunt made was minimal, and the biggest contact was incidental where he shoved a guy who happened to fall into her.  Then lots of footage of her coming at them and attacking and persisting to instigate more physical contact.  

NFL won't listen to TMZs narrative on it, so while its not a good look, I do think the footage, police interviews with witnesses, etc all kind of help his case a little too.  

Will certainly be interesting to see how this plays out.  

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He pushed the guy into her which knocked her yo the ground and then kicked her...

She pushed the guy into him and he pushed him back. 

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

What? Did I watch a different video than you? They were obviously arguing.. he pushed her WITHOUT her ever touching him. That by sheer definition is Assault.  Also this is worse then Ray Rice because he not only assaulted her but the people trying keep it from happening. Many has billion dollar legs but a 10 cent brain here.

Must have she walked right up to him and put her hands on him then he pushed her. Touching someone that doesn't consent to it is also a crime and you have every right to defend yourself. Police use this logic all the time and people eat it up

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, I hear you for sure, definitely not a good look.  However, I think all the video evidence here actually helps Hunt where that was lacking in some other cases.  I think the video actually shows that the contact Hunt made was minimal, and the biggest contact was incidental where he shoved a guy who happened to fall into her.  Then lots of footage of her coming at them and attacking and persisting to instigate more physical contact.  

NFL won't listen to TMZs narrative on it, so while its not a good look, I do think the footage, police interviews with witnesses, etc all kind of help his case a little too.  

Will certainly be interesting to see how this plays out.  

I generally agree with your post, but the bolded is not correct, he walks up an intentionally kicks her after she is crouched down

Edit: Not sure if you were referring to Hunt's contact with her or overall, I took your statement to mean contact with Hunt

Edited by Bray Wyatt

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

She pushed the guy into him and he pushed him back. 

Must have she walked right up to him and put her hands on him then he pushed her. Touching someone that doesn't consent to it is also a crime and you have every right to defend yourself. Police use this logic all the time and people eat it up

Ya ok show that video to a jury and he is paying money out the nose to her and or being convicted of assault. Come on! A big tough football player has shove a girl like that! Just shows like of a brain on his part!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, peace out said:

What the hell is your problem? Kareem abused her because she wouldn't hook up with his friend.

I don't condone his actions.

But...c'mon. She was NOT there just to hang out. She should value herself more than hanging out with idiots like that in a hotel room. WTF did she think she was invited to the room ?

• Like (+1) 1