Chiefs release Kareem Hunt after video from February incident surfaces

YoloinOhio

The "kick" is so mild it doesn't deserve a special mention, no need to be ridiculous! What he did put together certainly does though.

And some of your seriously equate this with Ray Rice KOing his GF with a powerful left hook and dragging her unconscious body? Really?

He'll get 6 games or the like though I wish the courts would hand down the sentences, not the NFL. He sure can forget about sponsorship money too.

And why does this comes out now? 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Signed,

Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, Joe Mixon, with an approving nod from Rae Carruth

It's 6 games minimum since the ray rice case

By the way, how high is Hunt right there?

...interesting point....AFL family going back to early 60's......faintly remember, but tdidn't the league tiptoe around a Giants matter because of the Mara family longevity?....

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nothing will happen here. 

Man.  I don't know.

Everyone has known about this for months and nothing happened, but given the Reuben Foster story popping up and the league needing to pretend they care about this issue for PR, this is bad timing for Hunt that this video went public.

8 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

So it's ok to hit and kick a woman as long as it's not too hard? Are you sure you want to stick with that?

She came to him trying to fight. After my ex came at me with a knife I stopped caring about what sex the person attacking me is. You want to cause harm to me I have every right to defend my self and so does kareem. They want to be equal and fight but once you respond you're in the wrong. It's *****. Good for Kareem not hauling off on her. He pushed her away when she kept coming. Don't care if you don't like it or what you have to say about me. Someone wants to hurt you put them in the ground. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Man.  I don't know.

Everyone has known about this for months and nothing happened, but given the Reuben Foster story popping up and the league needing to pretend they care about this issue for PR, this is bad timing for Hunt that this video went public.

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

No way.  Something has to happen.

1 minute ago, JoeF said:

Said 2001...

Already been investigated with no charges filed and he didn't precipitate the incident. 

17 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

So it's ok to hit and kick a woman as long as it's not too hard? Are you sure you want to stick with that?

And he had 4 or 5 people holding him back after the initial push and calming him down, with plenty of time to cool off yet he still proceeded to push her to the ground and then kick her in the face.

So chiefs employ both Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt. Yikes.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

And he had 4 or 5 people holding him back after the initial push and calming him down, with plenty of time to cool off yet he still proceeded to push her to the ground and then kick her in the face.

She kept coming at him after they held him back. Where did he push her to ground. He pushed a guy. 

3 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

And why does this comes out now? 

Good question. Interesting just before their Week 13 game it is released/leaked.

None of us know the context and it looks bad for Hunt. Just questionable why it was put out there now.

14 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

im just curious, does anyone know his relationship with the woman? 

Just this -

At the time of the incident, the woman told police the whole thing started because Kareem kicked her out of his room after she refused to hook up with one of the men in Kareem's entourage.”

• Thank you (+1) 1