Chiefs release Kareem Hunt after video from February incident surfaces

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, BillsfanAZ said:

you are right that much worse has prob happened behind closed doors. That doesnt make it ok it just means they didnt get caught. I think Hunt is a POS. He didnt have to come to the lobby to be confrontational, he could have stayed behind closed doors. If a cop was standing in the lobby, would he still have kicked her? No because it is wrong. NFL players sign a contract that limits what they can and cant do. They are held to a higher standard. If they dont like it, they dont have to sign the contract. 

I agree and I would never say his actions were correct or even legally acceptable. There should have been some kind of arrest made. It just didn't appear egregious to my eye if we're grading these things.

25 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

When  would you sign him? He is going to be on the exemption list for quite a while and then will still need to serve a suspension. I dont see how McBeene can talk about culture and family while signing a guy who kicked a girl while she was on the ground. I have a hard time seeing Kim hand this guy a contract. 

If any team were to get away with signing him, it would be the Bills, given how visible/involved Kim has been. 

30 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

When  would you sign him? He is going to be on the exemption list for quite a while and then will still need to serve a suspension. I dont see how McBeene can talk about culture and family while signing a guy who kicked a girl while she was on the ground. I have a hard time seeing Kim hand this guy a contract. 

Not saying the Bills will sign him; just saying they should.  I guarantee there are plenty of guys playing in the league who’ve done much worse things to women.  As I understand it, Hunt is facing zero criminal charges from this incident. Zero.

19 minutes ago, mannc said:

Not saying the Bills will sign him; just saying they should.  I guarantee there are plenty of guys playing in the league who’ve done much worse things to women.  As I understand it, Hunt is facing zero criminal charges from this incident. Zero.

There were no charges but I read that the Police did not see the video at that time. Does this change anything? Who knows. 

6 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

There were no charges but I read that the Police did not see the video at that time. Does this change anything? Who knows. 

If they didn’t see the video, then they didn’t do much of an investigation.  

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

If you want to know the truth, I wasn't outraged by the actual video. 

It was an inappropriate response, but that woman was out of control and he didn't use excessive force.

My point is that MUCH WORSE happens behind closed doors.

The disturbing part, to me, is that he had to be restrained by his crew from attacking a woman.  It begs the question of what would've happened had they not restrained him?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The disturbing part, to me, is that he had to be restrained by his crew from attacking a woman.  It begs the question of what would've happened had they not restrained him?

I'm probably not the most objective person for the subject because I'm pretty much ALWAYS willing to give people another chance. I'm a bleeding heart that way. I would say it would have been worse had he not been restrained and more disturbing is that this incident doesn't seem to be an isolated one.

I don't know. I'd give him another shot which is why I'm not in a position of authority.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

If you want to know the truth, I wasn't outraged by the actual video. 

It was an inappropriate response, but that woman was out of control and he didn't use excessive force.

My point is that MUCH WORSE happens behind closed doors.

Of course.  There are about a billions things I care about more than what happens at 3am between dumb, trashy, drunk people I don't know.

But I don't understand all the hysterical NFL bashing.  What are they supposed to do?  Obviously they'd rather not suspend their star players.  Obviously they don't have a choice once video appears.  And obviously they can't publically say "We don't care if our players beat women because so do plumbers, cops and stock brokers and you never see those guys fired for doing that." 

• Like (+1) 1