Chiefs release Kareem Hunt after video from February incident surfaces

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Finally saw the video and showed it to my wife.  We both agree that while it's not a good look for Hunt, it's not even close to the violent attack being portrayed.  It's no surprise the cops did nothing and that she didn't even think enough of it file a complaint.

Yeah, this won't be a popular opinion but I agree. It's not even close to being on the same level as what Rice did.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Given the way you keep defending Kareem, I'm pretty sure no one here is surprised to find you think you EX was the crazy one. :lol:

Even a 15 year old gets it.

I'm more pointing out over reactions than defending Kareem.  I made over reactions as well my apologies. 

People are acting like he punched her and knocked her out cold. Like Ray Rice or Joe Mixon. Both players shouldn't be in the league and should have served time for those.

This is a different situation. Those were assault this is a drunken scuffle. Could it have been worse? Absolutely but it wasn't and can't go on what could have happened you can only go on what did happen.  They both made poor decisions here. 

The kick being the worst part. it was more a disrespectful shove with his foot than a kick with intent to do harm. So if that's the worst of it it's no surprise this wasn't made into anything until now.  Him lying about this is dumb. I would have told them exactly what happened. Called goodell the next day.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

If the 1950’s emphasized truth over sensationalism, then yes.

but by all means, allow your emotions to ignore what I actually said.

I read what you said.  I'll paraphrase - "Sure, it was wrong what he did, but it was only a half kick, so it wasn't really THAT bad."

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Oh....... it was just a half-power kick.  By all means, half kick away!!

And yes .... drunk woman instigated it and got what she had coming!!!!

Jesus ... what is this, 1950?  Common man.

You need to re read my response.  Way off. 

Under Armour has "parted ways" with former Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt. The back was released by Kansas City on Friday night after graphic video surfaced earlier in the day that showed the star running back assaulting a 19-year-old woman in a Cleveland hotel, Holden Wilen of the Baltimore Business Journal reports.

A spokeswoman for Baltimore-based Under Armour informed the Baltimore Business Journal Saturday morning that the brand "parted ways" with the Pro Bowler. The video of Hunt was released as Under Armour was already working to repair its own image with women after a recent Wall Street Journal report on the company's culture.

The Nov. 5 WSJ expose describes a culture in which the company regularly reimbursed employees for strip club visits, female employees were reportedly invited to events based on attractiveness, and where women felt like they were not given a fair chance at promotions, among other allegations. 

50 minutes ago, FLFan said:

The truth you say?  By all means enlighten us on the truth.  Here is some truth for you:  Men who hit women are despicable, gutless, and less than real men.  There is no middle ground here.  This has always been true, and will always be true, and the fact that there was once a time when it was acceptable behavior in this society and perpetrators could more easily hide behind some of the lame excuses people are offering up here is not cause for nostalgia about the past.  

How about you check the context of the conversation before inserting your opinion. 

I watched the video and saw a Hunt having to be restrained by multiple people. He kept coming back trying to make things worse. It's a good thing there were people there to restrain him.

A woman went flying across the room as a result of his actions. He also kept coming back even though clearly she didn't want any more trouble, and then sealed his fate with a lame, idiotic kick.

He's a moron.

He deserves whatever punishment comes to him. This incident does not need to be compared to other incidents from other players. You can see pretty clearly that he was out of control and meant to do physical harm to a woman, and succeeded in taking her down and then kicked her.

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

I watched the video and saw a Hunt having to be restrained by multiple people. He kept coming back trying to make things worse. It's a good thing there were people there to restrain him.

A woman went flying across the room as a result of his actions. He also kept coming back even though clearly she didn't want any more trouble, and then sealed his fate with a lame, idiotic kick.

He's a moron.

He deserves whatever punishment comes to him. This incident does not need to be compared to other incidents from other players. You can see pretty clearly that he was out of control and meant to do physical harm to a woman, and succeeded in taking her down and then kicked her.

You're kidding, right?  Take a look at around the 0:22 mark.  Someone not wanting any more trouble would have left after getting shoved.

My point, and @Gugny called me out is there is much more info then you see here. This man is a dirtbag for handling a woman in any way. That said the authorities didnt charge him after investigation on the original situation. Hopefully  this will raise a new one and justice is served. All that said we dont hear the conversation happening and what brought this about. I have looked but cannot find an original police report. More then meets the eye. Finally, so I dont get misunderstood again, any man that pushes and kicks a lady is no man at all in my book

29 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

My point, and @Gugny called me out is there is much more info then you see here. This man is a dirtbag for handling a woman in any way. That said the authorities didnt charge him after investigation on the original situation. Hopefully  this will raise a new one and justice is served. All that said we dont hear the conversation happening and what brought this about. I have looked but cannot find an original police report. More then meets the eye. Finally, so I dont get misunderstood again, any man that pushes and kicks a lady is no man at all in my book

Lol Mr. Righteous

1. Kareem Hunt was the aggressor.

2. The outrage is magnified by the video.

3. The assault itself was not all that outrageous. Unacceptable but not "graphic" like many of the outlets are labeling it.

4. Kareem Hunt seems a little too comfortable putting his hands on a woman he barely knows. It says alot about him.

5. The punishment will not fit the crime. He committed a relatively minor misdemeanor according to our laws and will lose millions. This type of disgusting behavior can be found in most places alcohol is consumed. I dont feel bad for him though. Just like I don't feel bad for the guy who gets stomped for hitting a girl outside a club or bar.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

The truth you say?  By all means enlighten us on the truth.  Here is some truth for you:  Men who hit women are despicable, gutless, and less than real men.  There is no middle ground here.  This has always been true, and will always be true, and the fact that there was once a time when it was acceptable behavior in this society and perpetrators could more easily hide behind some of the lame excuses people are offering up here is not cause for nostalgia about the past.  

I agree totally and these young pro athletes need to know it's best to walk away from these,  situations even though she could have been pushing every fricken button to set him off, just walk away be a better man!

16 minutes ago, Needle said:

1. Kareem Hunt was the aggressor.

2. The outrage is magnified by the video.

3. The assault itself was not all that outrageous. Unacceptable but not "graphic" like many of the outlets are labeling it.

4. Kareem Hunt seems a little too comfortable putting his hands on a woman he barely knows. It says alot about him.

5. The punishment will not fit the crime. He committed a relatively minor misdemeanor according to our laws and will lose millions. This type of disgusting behavior can be found in most places alcohol is consumed. I dont feel bad for him though. Just like I don't feel bad for the guy who gets stomped for hitting a girl outside a club or bar.

My take on the punishment fitting the crime is you have to be aware of your employer’s CoC...if you violate the terms you agreed to there isn’t much room to argue about how punitive the results may be.