Chiefs release Kareem Hunt after video from February incident surfaces

YoloinOhio

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's within his purview at the owner. Hunt will recover and resume his career elsewhere in the NFL.  You can shed tears for the innocent damsel. 

LOL.  Do not waste your crusade on me.  I gave you a realistic answer to what the Kansas City Chiefs organization decided despite the X's and O's.

THEY decided as is their right.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

LOL.  Do not waste your crusade on me.  I gave you a realistic answer to what the Kansas City Chiefs organization decided despite the X's and O's.

THEY decided as is their right.

You're too busy with your own crusade. 

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Had this been 20 years ago, I would agree with you, but in this day and age with video evidence everywhere and the politically correct response to everything that happens, this could be a death penalty scenario.

It shouldn't be unless he has a history of this kind of behavior.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

48 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This literally all makes me ill. First off, zero respect for any “man” that puts his hands on a female, period. Hunt should feel free to shove, smack and kick Lawson however, and see how that works out for him instead—maybe Fournette can give him some pointers on leading with a roundhouse to a helmet. Unbelievable scumbaggery on display, and of course it takes a video tape months later for the team and/or league to do jack squat a la Rice, because of the PR nightmare—but make no mistake, morality has nothing to do with it, or it would’ve been handled back then with or without video. Finally, where is the league’s Cracker Jack security unit set up after the Rice debacle to make sure no stone would be left unturned in subsequent league investigations of this sort? They also couldn’t locate the existence of this tape either? Is TMZ Sports the 2nd coming of a Woodward/Bernstein journalism outfit utilizing NSA hacking tools to get the story? Bunch of chumps all around. The league better get its act together, or this problem of coddling domestic abusers within their ranks will make the anthem issue look like the easiest issue Goodell ever tried to solve. 

The fact that TMZ breaks this is the most depressing part.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yuo they paid paid money to share the video and end his career. He’s wrong, it should have went down when it actually happened. Shady headline business... the kick is what did him in. You can spin the rest sort of, but he’s running at her then kicks. He’s done. 

1 minute ago, WhickedWilliams said:

Yuo they paid paid money to share the video and end his career. He’s wrong, it should have went down when it actually happened. Shady headline business... the kick is what did him in. You can spin the rest sort of, but he’s running at her then kicks. He’s done. 

Yep. Whoever would hand a video to the dumbest journalist group that never asks questions probably didn't want questions asked. Pocketed money for a video. For assault. Just nothing good at all about the fact that TMZ happens to break the story.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Seriously—they are like the WikiLeaks of Goodell’s nightmares—how does this keep happening? They have the science of stalking LAX down for sightings of Caitlin Jenner and the like, and yet they also get scoops like this with ease? Embarrassing all around bro! 

11 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Had this been 20 years ago, I would agree with you, but in this day and age with video evidence everywhere and the politically correct response to everything that happens, this could be a death penalty scenario.

Death penalty?

No, as Don Corleone would say, “That is not justice, no matter what this undertaker thinks”...the girl is still alive.

A lifetime suspension and a severe beat down, now that would be justice.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Seriously—they are like the WikiLeaks of Goodell’s nightmares—how does this keep happening? They have the science of stalking LAX down for sightings of Caitlin Jenner and the like, and yet they also get scoops like this with ease? Embarrassing all around bro! 

Lol people are taking the headline like it's legit journalism and giving a dictionary definition of what "brutalize" means. It's basically like they grab a video and play madlibs with a thesaurus for the most extreme sensationalist words.

They live and breathe LAX. This video was certainly given to the most accessible "no questions asked" journalists

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 minute ago, The Senator said:

Death penalty?

No, as Don Corleone would say, “That is not justice, no matter what this undertaker thinks”...the girl is still alive.

A lifetime suspension and a severe beat down, now that would be justice.

I meant “death penalty” in the NFL career sense, as in his career may be over, like Ray Rice. Middle America does not like men who kick women (even if it’s not that hard) and they are a group who speak loudly with their wallets.

A lot of attempted justification of Hunt’s actions. There’s no defense for him here.

He also won’t be in the league week 1 next year. Maybe in a year or two but it’s 2018/2019. This kind of stuff doesn’t fly even the way it did just a couple years ago. This is an absolute PR nightmare for a team that picks him up anytime soon.

I’d expect a year suspension from the league.

Edited by eanyills

I say pick this guy up and make him sit the rest of the year. It’s not like the guy has a history of violence (please correct me if I’m wrong). If Joe Mixon can get a second chance, so should this guy.

1 minute ago, eanyills said:

A lot of attempted justification of Hunt’s actions. There’s no defense for him here.

He also won’t be in the league week 1 next year. Maybe in a year or two but it’s 2018/2019. This is an absolute PR nightmare for a team that picks him up so soon.

I doubt that. Joe Mixon got a second chance and what he did was way worse.

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

I say pick this guy up and make him sit the rest of the year. It’s not like the guy has a history of violence (please correct me if I’m wrong). If Joe Mixon can get a second chance, so should this guy.

He was in a drunken fight back in June. 

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

There is absolutely no way Kim signs off on this.

If this video popped up and it was McCoy, I guarantee he would have been released just as fast.

4 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Lol people are taking the headline like it's legit journalism and giving a dictionary definition of what "brutalize" means. It's basically like they grab a video and play madlibs with a thesaurus for the most extreme sensationalist words.

They live and breathe LAX. This video was certainly given to the most accessible "no questions asked" journalists

So sad that Harvey Levin used to be the color commentary on the old People’s Court with Judge Wapner—you may or may not be too young to remember that one, but I grew up loving that show. 

1 hour ago, greenyellowred said:

Your arguments are red herrings. It is still private property and their policy is to release video only to law enforcment or with a court order.

Yes and they can even require the police to get a court order before viewing it.  Probably varies by state but here in Illinois the police have to use a court order even for a bank robbery if the bank simply doesn't want to hand the video over. 

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I meant “death penalty” in the NFL career sense, as in his career may be over, like Ray Rice. Middle America does not like men who kick women (even if it’s not that hard) and they are a group who speak loudly with their wallets.

Well OK then - I agree with you entirely.

Still think a lifetime ban and beat down are in order, though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eanyills said:

There is absolutely no way Kim signs off on this.

If this video popped up and it was McCoy, I guarantee he would have been released just as fast.

I don’t know. It’s assault not domestic abuse. Not excusing his actions but I don’t think they are as career damning as domestic abuse.

also, this is a completely empty gesture by the Chiefs. They knew the full story, but decided to stick by him until the video surfaced. 

4 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Youre talking about something almost 5 years ago. It’s a totally different environment these days.

Also, not exactly relevant since he wasn’t subject to NFL punishment yet.

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

So sad that Harvey Levin used to be the color commentary on the old People’s Court with Judge Wapner—you may or may not be too young to remember that one, but I grew up loving that show. 

Haha I am too young. Heard of it.

For folks about TMZ.. this is CMZ; even a parody doesn't really change what it is

• Like (+1) 1

By the way, I am always amazed how strong a role media outlets like TMZ play in situations like this, Ray Rice etc.  no one seemed to care about this until video surfaced that made it too hard to sweep the offense under the rug. There are other incidents that may be much worse than this (*speculating* like Rueben Foster and Greg Hardy) that don’t get as much attention because you can’t visualize it. As annoying as TMZ is, they do serve a strange purpose when it comes to illuminating bad behavior in public situations.

• Like (+1) 1