Chiefs release Kareem Hunt after video from February incident surfaces

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, wppete said:

I think Hunts career in the NFL is over. If any team picks him up think about the backlash that team will get. 

I respectfully disagree. If he plays the role properly, he gets forgiven in time. Ray Rice was just too old and too extreme to have enough time to get past it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, greenyellowred said:

Your arguments are red rherrings. It is still private property and their policy is to release video only to law enforcment or with a court order.

And you know that policy for each establishment exactly how? (OK, there I’m kidding!)  Don’t confuse policy and reality. The video comes out. THERE is my proof. Your can’t argue that. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Dude said:

Am I the only one that thinks the Chiefs and Steelers are talking about Leveon Bell right now?

Too late to trade, so....why? 

11 minutes ago, Nelius said:

So kicking a woman while she's disoriented and on the ground isn't brutal? WTF man? Your sarcasm is obvious. Some of you are really showing your true colors here.

Judging from your posts in this thread, you have strong opinions about what happened in the video.

legally speaking, what do you think would be a fair punishment for this “brutal” attack? 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

And you know that policy for each establishment exactly how? (OK, there I’m kidding!)  Don’t confuse policy and reality. The video comes out. THERE is my proof. Your can’t argue that.

Ok, so I guess they will release the video to law enforcment, upon court order, or if paid lots of money.. ? THe NFL tried to get it, through proper channels, but was denied.

1 minute ago, greenyellowred said:

Ok, so I guess they will release the video to law enforcment, upon court order, or if paid lots of money.. ? THe NFL tried to get it, through proper channels, but was denied.

Of course, the NFL wanted to see it as much as....I was about to use a political metaphor....the NFL did NOT want to see it! 

Of course things happen when money gets involved. Is that not obvious? 

Not being facetious, but I’m not sure I really understand your point. Law enforcement and TMZ really did want to see it. Maybe the NFL pretended to want to see it. 

50 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

What was written there basically contradicts any belief they didn't know anything. They were aware of the incident and investigated, but did not obtain or view the tape (or they claim they knew nothing of the tape)

Maybe he kicked her because the Anthem started playing and he thought she was kneeling?

Oh.  Well, in that case, as Gilda Radner would have said, “Never mind.”

I’m sure, despite being a woman beater, he is surely one extremely patriotic MF.

?

10 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Judging from your posts in this thread, you have strong opinions about what happened in the video.

legally speaking, what do you think would be a fair punishment for this “brutal” attack? 

TMZ has labeled it as brutal, and I agree:

kc-2.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

So theoretically I can set up video cameras all over the place for the ‘public good’ and when the police decide not to file charges, I can then sell the videos to TMZ or blackmail the people in the video.  Seems like privacy laws would prevent this kind of thing.  It’s different if it’s just some random person’s cell phone cam.  If the reason hotels have video cams everywhere is for the public good, using them to destroy a man’s livelihood after police decide not to file charges seems like Hunt would have a good case to sue the hotel.  

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article222460020.html

I’m paraphrasing here, But to me the key line in the article is, ‘It doesn’t matter what happened beforehand, the important thing is, don’t hit a woman...it’s not hard’.

She was 19 years old, ferchrissakes!  WTF were they up to, plying her with alcohol, taking her to a hotel, and demanding she “hook up” with Hunt’s pal?

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 1