Is Vander Eshe to Edmunds the same as Juju to Zay

Teddy KGB

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Clueless?  You must be talking about yourself....did he or did he NOT START THE SEASON

Oh boy. I’m the one that provided his snap counts from each individual game. That’s not even what we are talking about. You have said 4 or 5 times they don’t play the same position. Either your lying or you aren’t reading what’s being written. Urlacher himself agreed with the comparisons that LVE was getting as he was leaving Boise st. 

Have a good weekend John.

16 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

there is no benefit to having the younger player if you have to wait for him to improve. In year 1 of each rookie contract LVE is ahead of edmunds (well ahead).  If it takes edmunds four years to catch up, then it was bad decision compared to LVE. 

Good point. Of course we can re-sign him for cheaper right as he hits his physical NFL prime provided he improves mentally as well every year I guess.. silver lining and all.

The younger draftees crush it in Madden franchise mode for that very reason lol

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

Biggest difference between LVE and Edmunds is hesitancy, imo. Given the level of responsibility for making the D calls, it’s understandable in such a young player; I think TE is afraid to mess up. Whereas LVE plays with more of a fearless abandon. But those times when TE gets after it, he’s shown why he was taken where he was. 

8 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Zay can but it’s time to 

giphy.gif

Juju went for 189 yards last weekend 

And he's got Big Ben throwing to him and has AB drawing attention on the other side.  His situation is comfortable.  Zay has had multiple different QBs and two different OCs.  No number 1 next to him either.  Can't expect him to put up Juju's numbers.  Juju wouldn't have done that here with our roster.

7 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

VDE is a true run plugging MLB....and his stats show it.  Edmunds is not a run plugging lb.....perhaps he will develope.....but he is long and rangy...and may be an outside lb if he can't get the run stopping skill into his way of playing.  (thinking he might be another Ted Hendricks, then)  We will see.....being young and having a lot to learn is understandable, but not sure we are not commenting on the difference in style of play.  One will likely never be the other in terms of results.  So, what is the role McD wants Edmunds to play....maybe he drafted Edmunds to be the rangy coverage guy, and is counting on the line to stop the run.

In terms of Zay Jones, he was a head case his first year, forgot how to catch the ball.  This year, he is at least catching the ball....year 3 will tell us if he can be a good route runner and contribute 60 catches 800 yards.  If he doesn't do it in year 3......adious Amigo!!!

I think Zay could use some continuity in the QB play.  He can't have great chemistry with any of these guys yet.  Hopefully, now that Allen has established himself as the starter he can get more locked in with Allen.  I think Zay will be fine.  

5 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

No. I said once in a while it would be nice to get the guy that has instant success. Instant gratification. Doesn't mean they will be the better player in 3 years. 

That's why I said Tre'Davious White. We got instant success with him.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Taron is a nickel. I don't think he is an outside corner. Then you come to question of is nickel a starter and can you pay to keep a nickel? 

That will be the millions of dollars question in the future.

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Love that kid. There were people calling it a reach when the Colts took him with the 4th pick of the 2nd round - but he was the 2nd highest player left on my board when they took him right about where I thought he should go. Been very much worth it so far.

I wanted us to take him in round 2 even before the draft.

Can't compare the two Vander is an outside linebacker were edmunds is the middle backer plus McDermott is not playing edmunds to his greatest strength and that is lining him up at defensive end on third down and rushing the quarterback.  Plus edmunds has down a good job as a rookie middle linebacker we are the highest we have been in a while in stuffing the run and that is pretty good going forward he was a great pick.

14 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

This man is fantastic, looks like the real deal.  

The Saints dynamic running game wanted no parts of Vander Eshe 

Another unnecessary trade up from Beane ? 

I failed the SAT

12 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Can't compare the two Vander is an outside linebacker were edmunds is the middle backer plus McDermott is not playing edmunds to his greatest strength and that is lining him up at defensive end on third down and rushing the quarterback.  Plus edmunds has down a good job as a rookie middle linebacker we are the highest we have been in a while in stuffing the run and that is pretty good going forward he was a great pick.

I was just going to post this.  And add the age difference and Edmunds calling the plays. 

14 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Zay does not at all look like hes worth the pick. 

He looks like a career JAG to this point. He's had a couple games where he looks competent, outside of that he's been nonexistent. 

As for Edmunds, I think he'll be a good defensive player in this league. He is too talented not to be. It just might not be at MLB. He has been too often lost at the position to this point and was the major reason the Jags did whatever they wanted to on the ground in that first half last week. 

I wouldnt say he's been playing well at all like many fans here claim. He's shown excellent flashes(like that tipped INT last week) but has mostly been extremely inconsistent and out of position way too many times. 

Vander Esch hasn't been nearly as inconsistent as Edmunds. He's been terrific.

Why doesn't anyone give Zay the benefit of the doubt.  Once Allen gets going and starts targeting him, he will hit another gear. It would help Zay to have had a qb, and other receivers that can hurt a defense by  stretching them. Then the safeties couldn't cheat over as much. Hard to compare receivers when teams are showing way different offenses.

I watched Vander Esche a lot as he played in the MWC and against Wyoming every year.  He has a nose for the ball. He was fun to watch. I was wondering if playing for a non P5 team would hurt him. Evidently it hasn't. 

21 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

way too early to tell.   Edmunds is like 19.  He'll get stronger in the offseason and smarter next year.   Zay with Ben would be pretty good.   Ben 2 = Josh. 

Its all a process.  Trust it.   

the media makes everyone on the cowboys a big star so as to improve ratings.  the media desperately needs the cowboys to be relevant for TV ratings, so anyone who even looks the part is made out to be superman

No, Vander Esch made himself a star. Right now he looks like the best linebacker talent to come out of the draft in 10 years.

Lets be honest - you can drive yourself mad doing hindsight 20/20 on drafts. The reality is both Edmunds and Vander Esch are playing really well for being rookies.

edmunds is the MLB of one of the better defenses in the NFL. Surely that counts for something right?

Edmunds is also a full 2 years younger than Vander Esch. 

Could you imagine the hype machine behind Edmunds if he played for the Cowboys? 

Edited by bobobonators

On 11/30/2018 at 7:23 AM, Teddy KGB said:

This man is fantastic, looks like the real deal.  

The Saints dynamic running game wanted no parts of Vander Eshe 

Another unnecessary trade up from Beane ? 

WLB vs MLB