Is Vander Eshe to Edmunds the same as Juju to Zay

Teddy KGB

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Darius Leonard is also playing very well for the Colts.

Love that kid. There were people calling it a reach when the Colts took him with the 4th pick of the 2nd round - but he was the 2nd highest player left on my board when they took him right about where I thought he should go. Been very much worth it so far.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

You can skip this thread if you are above this discussion. 

LVE is throwing heat, just like Juju has been throwing heat since day 1.  

Yup.

And probably a couple of years down the road we'll know how both of those comparisons panned out.

So far, JuJu has had a lot faster start in much better conditions and Edmunds looking slower-developing than Vander Esch but with as much or more potential.

Too early to know how either turned out but the JuJu comparison looks more likely to come out Pittsburgh's way in the long run. And the long run is all I care about in the present situation. But as long as Zay lives up to his draft spot this won't be anything to hold against the FO. And he does look like he's beginning to be worth the pick. 

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

This man is fantastic, looks like the real deal.  

The Saints dynamic running game wanted no parts of Vander Eshe 

Another unnecessary trade up from Beane ? 

Too early to tell. While Van der Esch has been good, Edmunds has not been too bad either. There is a difference between a 19 year old and a 22 year old as well. 

Actually OP - I would look at the same stats and come to the opposite conclusion. Zay was an established record setting college player while Juju was raw and just 19. It took Juju 8 games before he arrived on the scene with that 193 yard game. Till then his numbers were rather pedestrian. But now, there is no doubt Juju should have been taken ahead of Zay. Looks like the Bills' draftniks learned from the Zay experience and went with the raw unpolished freak over the established college player since they are looking to the future.

22 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Edmunds was always a potential pick. He's not near his ceiling.  Way too early to judge.  As for Zay, who says he can't improve more going into his third year?  Both are talented and still developing.  

Zay can but it’s time to 

giphy.gif

Juju went for 189 yards last weekend 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

At some point, they're going to need to officially slap the GM title on McClay, or else someone is going to make him an offer he can't refuse.

The Joneses have gone too long without acknowledging the real genius behind their draft prowess.

As to the OP, LVE looks like a stud. Edmunds has had his ups and downs, but he's definitely a higher ceiling prospect. I'm very anxious to see how he grows into his body.

• Like (+1) 3

Edmund's ceiling is something like an Urlacher. His size and speed combination is ridiculous. He is so young and I think he has played pretty tremendously conisdering all of the responsibilities he has. That third down stop when he covered Fournette out of the backfield and stoned him, there are probably just one or two guys in the league who could do that at none of them are 6-5, 250. 

LVE is playing well. He reminds of a young AJ Hawk before the injuries. 

You guys want AJ Hawk or Brian Urlacher? 

IMHO to me Edmund's looks soft at the point of attack. He runs around blocks instead of engaging it. He takes poor angles and gets caught in the wash a lot. His instincts seem to be lacking.  I agree he is a world class athlete and super young but at this point his play is worrisome. LVE, Leonard, and Warner all look better. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Juju is a stud anyway you slice it imo 

Locking Kamara up like no other team can is pretty pretty good.  

LVE is playing flawless football.  

LVE is outplaying Edmunds flat out. He's one of their best defenders on a great defensive team. Man can open field tackle the most elusive players, shedding blocks as he does it. He's turned on a next level switch for the Cowboys playoff run.

• Like (+1) 1