RIP SpongeBob Creator Steve Hillenburg

stevewin

Didn't see anyone post this - couple days old now but feel worth a mention

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/27/obituaries/stephen-hillenburg-spongebob-squarepants-creator-dies-at-57.html

My kids grew up watching SpongeBob - and of course that means I watched it with them while they grew up.  I admittedly catch some episodes even now, if I come across it flipping channels.

My kids and I still occasionally will bring up bits from the show in conversation ("Twenty-fiiive..").  RIP to a person who brought a lot of joy to the world

Edited by stevewin

Spongebob was after my time but I have always said that was the one kids cartoon that I'm sure I would've loved to watch as a youngster.  I have a kid brother 13 years younger than me and he grew up on Spongebob.  Seemed like the one good cartoon for kids who grew up post 90's.  RIP

It's a combination of weird, goofy, and annoying......the show has been around for a long time, and I never really watched it early on. My kids stumbled upon it on Nickelodeon in the past few years, so yeah I watched a lot of Spongebob and for some reason or another I'm oddly drawn to it. I'd imagine some acid would pair well with the show.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

6 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Did you know that Sam Spence, a legendary songwriter for NFL Films, was part of Spongebob also? That's why sometimes you would here NFL Films songs during episodes.

Did you know the actor who played Viking in the Sean Penn movie "Bad Boys" does the voice of Mr. Krabs?