Bills QB Josh Allen is changing skeptical minds. ---- Brady Quinn apparently prefers potential over results

Yahoo Sports article 

Bills QB Josh Allen is changing some skeptical minds

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-qb-josh-allen-changing-skeptical-minds-215422581.html

While all his negatives were on display in Sunday’s win, his strengths — athleticism/size and strong arm — were too, and I’ve gotta tell you … I kinda like Allen now.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

All his negatives?

I didn’t read the article but I wonder what he was referring too.

A few throws he wanted back im sure, but overall I thought he played a very solid game

He had like 2 poor throws the whole damn game....the rest were either completiojns, throw aways, dropped passes, or called back because of penalties.

• Like (+1) 5

After Sunday's game, should I worry anymore that Allen's elbow injury will have lasting effects on his accuracy, arm strength, and accuracy?  I cringed every time he pumped his fists and when he did the hand shake celebration with Shady.

• Haha (+1) 3

Pretty sure it’s important to remember the authors audience: mostly non-Bills fans who simply look at the stats. His throwing stats were, in fact, poor, but also didn’t paint the entire story. 

In my opinion, Josh has made great strides this year. He is a great piece of clay to work with. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He had like 2 poor throws the whole damn game....the rest were either completiojns, throw aways, dropped passes, or called back because of penalties.

Ya I know. He played a very good game. Not sure what the writer meant when he said “All his negatives were on display”. Doesn’t make sense to me

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Ya I know. He played a very good game. Not sure what the writer meant when he said “All his negatives were on display”. Doesn’t make sense to me

The writer probably looked at the completion percentage without watching the whole game and thought he was throwing inaccurately and making poor decisions.

Edited by Capco
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Capco said:

The writer probably looked at the completion percentage without watching the whole game and thought he was throwing inaccurately and making poor decisions.

Ya sounds about right

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Because some people had preconceived opinions and possibly not factual. 

Ya makes sense

• Like (+1) 1

I will put myself on the list that says I’m starting to come around. I was very skeptical. Hopefull but not expecting good things. Allen definitely has the “it” factor and I like him way more then I expected to. I need to see more from the passing game but I’ll be thrilled to have been wrong about him.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

All true. He had 2 legit bad throws out of 19. The rest were either caught or catchable. And 8 of his 11 runs were necessary to avoid the rush. Give this kid upgraded OL and WRs and his numbers will only go up....

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Eventually he'll throw more, instead of running so much. He's not even done with his first year, so...

Gotta be patient.

I get it, but the taking off and running scares the hell out of me every single time. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That’s 2 too many for many in the “wrong Josh” category pre-draft and since, because, you know, still the wrong Josh ?

I love Allen and what I see. He is clearly improving and has a good future. 

I’m hoping he is our franchise qb. But I think the doubters must have weeks 5 & 6 on their minds. Let’s not pretend he has been amazing every game. Just relax. It’s sports journalism.