What would you give for a OBJ or AJ Green?

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

Green is either 30 or turning 30 next year. Giving a first rounder for an injury prone older receiver seems like a very steep and risky price to pay ? 

I agree with this.  I wouldn’t hate getting Green by any means, but honestly we have a very young team.  We have had 2 drafts in a row, one with just McD here and one with both Beane and McD.  Both have produced quite well for us so far.  I have faith that they can continue to build by drafting well.  This years WR group is deep, so I don’t know we need to make a big splashy trade.

Whike both OBJ and Green are excellent WRs, both come with risks.  Both of them are quite injury prone.  Green is about to be in wrong side of 30 too where injuries might be more of a concern.  OBJ is not only injury prone, but also not a great teammate or locker room guy.  I have a hard time believing he would be happy in small media Buffalo with a no nonsense coaching staff focused on team first and discipline.

I sure as hell would not trade 2 firsts for either guy like some suggested.  Both are talented enough to be worthy of a first round pick, so I could live with that, but nothing more.  Green though I think a 2nd rounder makes more sense due to age and injury issues.

My preference...stay the course.  We are headed in a great direction.  Lots of cap space, back to back strong drafts, and a young team.  This is a deep draft for WR, so I would start there personally.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

Can't see OBJ buying into what they wanna do here. He's a diva that's prone to sideline and locker room temper tantrums if the ball isn't coming his way every third play.

Tyrell Williams of the Chargers is gonna be a name to watch in free agency. Big target, faster than KB, stronger hands, etc. Don't forget Devin Funchess in Carolina, either.

I’ve been thinking Williams as well, good option and stuck behind Keenan Allen right now. Funchess is a no go for me...plays small and sometimes outright disappears. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

There isn't an elite guy in this draft but a lot of good talent. I think there'll be a good WR with our 2nd. I'm not against trading up to #33 to make sure we get Marquise Brown.

I'm leaning towards that direction myself. Grab a free agent WR then move up for one. I have a feeling the 1st pick is gonna be a impact lineman. Probably D. Gonna have to hit OLine hard in free agency.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, mozillameister said:

The free agency looks awful except Randalle Cobb who might be resigned. But there's a hell of a lot of teams in rebuilding mode with great WR. Especially OBJ, who McD has a relationship with Gettlemen and QB + defense hungry. They might be interested in a lot of the draft picks this year in the 1st.

What would you give for either those guys considering their contracts? A 1st? A 2019 1st and 2020 2nd?

Imagine OBJ with Allen's arm?

Ron-Swanson-No.gif

I would give very little for OBJ. His contract is way too high for one WR, especially one that causes drama. Money better spent on the trenches and/or 1-2 good WRs instead of 1 elite WR.

Id be more into AJ. His contract is more manageable since he only has 1 year left and its cheaper.

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Given his slide backwards in their offense, it appears Carolina has.

He's looking like KB II there....no thanks.  

I'm not advocating for him being brought in here but it's been clear that McBeane does like to work with guys they've had a previous experience with.

3 hours ago, mozillameister said:

The free agency looks awful except Randalle Cobb who might be resigned. But there's a hell of a lot of teams in rebuilding mode with great WR. Especially OBJ, who McD has a relationship with Gettlemen and QB + defense hungry. They might be interested in a lot of the draft picks this year in the 1st.

What would you give for either those guys considering their contracts? A 1st? A 2019 1st and 2020 2nd?

Imagine OBJ with Allen's arm?

neither an nothing.

sounds extreme. there are plenty of other places we should invest in. We are not a win now team.

Lets develop some talent and be spend on the O line in FA,

OBJ wants to be paid at the top of his position and Green is getting old and injuries might be adding up for him. They both money and a chance for the rings asap. imho.

: )

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I’ve been thinking Williams as well, good option and stuck behind Keenan Allen right now. Funchess is a no go for me...plays small and sometimes outright disappears. 

Williams ? sure . Devin nfw

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’d go after Enunwa.  He seems like he’d be a good weapon for Allen.  He’s tough and is great on those short/intermediate routes.  

worth discussing

17 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Can I vote for A BJ?

NO. absolutely not.

This is a Family show

• Haha (+1) 1