Robert Foster pays it forward to a young fan!

The Poojer

10 hours ago, BuffaninATL said:

these types of stories intrinsically seem to happen in Buffalo more often than not  - or am I just a homer?  Good for you R Foster, keep developing !

embrace the homer then.
I have always about rooting for players I like and of character. Hard workers who give 110%. and are real people every other day.

Caught flak from others about my reasons for being a Bills Fan.

Having fine character from top to bottom is not mutually exclusive to creating a winning Franchise.

Just takes more work from the leadership. I respect that as well.
Be the Homer inAtlanta !

ain't nuthin' wrong with that !

10 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Starting to sound like we got a draft gem. Two 100yd games and it's amazing how raw he is. Sounds like a good guy off the field too. He didn't have to do that. Hope he stays hungry. Would like to see Robert Foster put up a couple more 100yd games.

He will also  earn some respect from defenses after last weeks first series !

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Insta address is "Everything Buffalo" which seems to have some kind of online memorabilia store.  It's also not hard to pick up a few tens of thousands of followers PDQ when you post something that attracts interest.

I think the way to look at it is, when he's giving the kid a gift, he's likely also giving his inner kid a gift.  In a way, he's buying those sneakers for the young Robert Foster who wanted and probably couldn't get 'em.

I worry it might mean Foster doesn't know how to budget, but I can't get in with critiquing a generous act, not at all.  And believe most Buffalonians would have better manners than to approach the guy and demand freebees, but if they do, he'll learn to send a personal shopper to the mall or to go with friends.

Wegman's sucks, man, where do they get off with those prices?  Going down to a shelter like that, habituating the residents to such high end grocery stores.

Gift cards to Walmart Aldis would be more appropriate for the poor shelter residents than Wegmans.  What's next, buying them Elli Quark 'stead of generic yogurt?  <== sarcasm

Can we stop with pronouncing on what other people should or shouldn't get, and mind our own stores?

To add on.

and pursue some more keyboard psych 101.

Maybe it was he saw the Mom was heartbroken she could not give the Boy what she wished she could.
 Maybe he was giving them both a Merry Christmas.

I like the inner Kid story Hapless.

There are no end of reasons why Foster did this for us to contemplate. so how some critiques the gesture tell more about the poster than the gesture itself perhaps ?

Doing what he thought was a Good thing ? Is usually enough for me.  To find some happiness within the moment.
doesn't affect how much i do like him a decent prospect moving forward. With an arm like Allen's they need Robert to make the most of it. Hope he does. win win win

2 hours ago, WRONG JOSH said:

I don't have a problem with what he did, I think his heart is in the right place. I have a problem with a bratty kid thinking he deserves $250 sneakers and this being some great charity story. My wife grew up poor and hungry and not knowing if she would be able to eat that day and embarrassed that her mom couldn't afford school supplies. There's way more charitable opportunities in Buffalo.

first steps are usually the clumsiest.

Now he has something to give ,  a bit more money being an NFL player ?

Effort goes a long way to achieving a goal.

I think we all have stories of challenges we could share. 

Feel free to post up a charity that is important to you, or PM me . I do not have much , but i will support it for you and your wife.

Go Bills

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 3

On 11/29/2018 at 1:28 PM, Mark80 said:

I mean, the guy does make like $250k per year.  That's quite a bit of money.  Yeah, it's not mult-millions, but come on, the guy can afford to buy a pair of shoes for a fan without it affecting him one bit.  It's not like he's a single mom making $30k or anything.

Awesome gesture though, but let's not get crazy on how much of a personal sacrifice he made.  He was being super nice, that's about it.

... crickets 

20 hours ago, WRONG JOSH said:

His heart is in the right place but I don't agree with this. This kid needed a $250 pair of sneakers? There are kids in Buffalo that don't know if they will be able to eat today. But this kid was like wahhhh give me give me and his answer is sure kid, in life you don't have to work for anything. When I was a kid I didn't have money for expensive things so I worked my butt off and got a good job and now I can buy things (but choose not to). I'd much rather read a story about how Foster went to a shelter and handed out gift cards to Wegmans. Not to mention now anytime anyone sees this guy at the mall they are going to ask for free stuff. Good luck with that.

Again, his heart is in the right place but how many of you had or needed $250 sneakers when you were a kid? Dumb

All I have to say about this is....:doh:

16 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

embrace the homer then.
I have always about rooting for players I like and of character. Hard workers who give 110%. and are real people every other day.

Caught flak from others about my reasons for being a Bills Fan.

Having fine character from top to bottom is not mutually exclusive to creating a winning Franchise.

Just takes more work from the leadership. I respect that as well.
Be the Homer inAtlanta !

ain't nuthin' wrong with that !

He will also  earn some respect from defenses after last weeks first series !

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem being a homer and I embrace it - proud as hell to be from Buffalo. I am in Sarasota now - no more ATL for me thank God !